4AAA in 2011-12

QSouth89

I was wondering what people were thinking about next season in 4AAA, I know it's early and summer activites will be starting in the next week or 2, but I was just stirring the pot. Every team has holes to fill. I'm picking West to win it with Brooks, Mitchell, and Walker back. Bearden is always good no matter who they lose, Catholic returns their leading scorer and KIL sophomore of the year Kyle Anders, Farragut has (in my opinion) the best scorer in the league in Blake Williams, LC has Jordan Hall and I'm told Terrance Hall (former Catholic/HVA player) has transfered there, Maryville has almost everyone back so they should challenge West for district supremacy. Any thoughts or opinion? (Hopefully we can keep it clean) By the way my early season predictions are as followed (could change based on summer):

1. West

2. Maryville

3. Bearden

4. Farragut

5. Catholic (my darkhorse selection)

6. LC

7. Heritage

8. William Blount

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waht is the word on the Lenoir City coach? Saw that is was posted on TSSAA.org and wondered what happened to the old coach? This is late to be getting a coach isn't it?

Windle left Lenoir City for the same position at William Blount. LC is searching for a coach. WB has landed a quality one.

Lenoir City also landed Clinton's best returning player in Cam Patrick. Patton Robinette is not playing for Maryville next season. Cameron Turner has left Catholic for Farragut, but I'm not sure if he is eligible. Catholic's starting PG Vic Wharton is now at CPA in Nashville.

Edited by chill

Lenoir City also landed Clinton's best returning player in Cam Patrick. Patton Robinette is not playing for Maryville next season. Cameron Turner has left Catholic for Farragut, but I'm not sure if he is eligible. Catholic's starting PG Vic Wharton is now at CPA in Nashville.

Wow ... losing Wharton is a huge blow to both basketball and football programs at Catholic. He was a great athlete. I would assume that Patton will "early-enroll" at Christmas time wherever he is going to play football?

• 4 weeks later...

Losing Wharton and Turner will hurt initially, but other players will have to step up. Tommy Conaty, Lucas Stiles, Ryan Henry, Jordan Anderson and Joey Cook played well at Oak Ridge's summer camp with Chris Cox and Kyle Anders sitting out with injuries. Depth may be a concern. I'm not sure how the other teams in the district looked but Jordan Hall and LC looked good. Blake Williams is still a scoring machine for Farragut. In the other distric Karns should challenge Oak Ridge for the district title.

Losing Wharton and Turner will hurt initially, but other players will have to step up. Tommy Conaty, Lucas Stiles, Ryan Henry, Jordan Anderson and Joey Cook played well at Oak Ridge's summer camp with Chris Cox and Kyle Anders sitting out with injuries. Depth may be a concern. I'm not sure how the other teams in the district looked but Jordan Hall and LC looked good. Blake Williams is still a scoring machine for Farragut. In the other distric Karns should challenge Oak Ridge for the district title.

I think West, with a year to think about state and a lot coming back, has a great shot in 4AAA. As for 3AAA, don't forget about Anderson County, think they have a fair amount coming back, but agree with Oak Ridge being the top of the heap. Powell, HVA, Clinton, and Halls will fight it out for the bottom part of the bracket. Other ? is Central, don't know what will happen there.

• 2 weeks later...

West has to be heavy favorite, Bearden always good even after graduation, LC will miss Windle, WB, new coach has them playing better, more time with them will help, WB moves to middle of district, Heritage with best players now seniors will win more this year, not sure they can get out of the bottom, Farragut, Catholic, Maryville are always hard to beat, not sure how they are playing, have not seen or heard much from them this summer. rankings closer to season.

Edited by Acheerfan

West without any doubts is the favorite, The trio of Walker, Mitchell and Brooks will be tough. I still feel replacine Tookie will be hard but West has some talent and Walker will need to step up and give the leadership that Tookie gave that team. Mitchell is as hard a worker in the paint and Brooks will be the best post in town. The only 4AAA teams I've seen play this summer were Catholic, LC, Farragut and Heritage. But traditionally Maryville and Bearden are always good. It should be an exciting year in the district this season.