East Tennessee PBS to air Spring Fling Championships.... except softball

lmustats

According to the Knoxville paper, East Tennessee PBS will air replays of the championships of soccer, track, and baseball this weekend..... BUT NOT SOFTBALL!!!

Before someone says that no teams in their coverage area (Knoxville & Tri-Cities) made the finals, you could say the same for Class A and AA baseball and all of the soccer matches except for Class AAA.... yet they are showing those games.

Wonder who I could complain to at the TSSAA about this.

Need to find fields so softball can be showcased better. How about MTSU, Riverdale, Blackman, somewhere?

High school fields would be good for the preliminary rounds, but MTSU is the only place you could have everything in place for a TV game.

High school fields would be good for the preliminary rounds, but MTSU is the only place you could have everything in place for a TV game.

T$$AA have made millions off of High school sports! Do you really think they give A R--- A-- about us or what we want? The answer is simple, NO! They will continue to do as they will just like our government, because we tolerate it. Boycot and break them, that they will understand. No teams no money. Huh, that would get some attention! :thumb:

T$$AA have made millions off of High school sports! Do you really think they give A R--- A-- about us or what we want? The answer is simple, NO! They will continue to do as they will just like our government, because we tolerate it. Boycot and break them, that they will understand. No teams no money. Huh, that would get some attention! :thumb:

Believe me, I'd much rather play the softball tourney at high school fields and the championships at MTSU. StarPlex sucks; you have to walk a mile to your car from whichever field you're at. heck, McKnight's better than StarPlex. Plus, StarPlex doesn't have tarps. There was that panic during the tournament, with the threat of severe weather going from overnight Wednesday into Thursday morning, that the fields would get drenched and be unplayable, throwing the tournaments into chaos, as far as scheduling was concerned.

Playing the early rounds in baseball at high school venues makes sense; why they don't do the same for softball, I have no idea.

Believe me, I'd much rather play the softball tourney at high school fields and the championships at MTSU. StarPlex sucks; you have to walk a mile to your car from whichever field you're at. heck, McKnight's better than StarPlex. Plus, StarPlex doesn't have tarps. There was that panic during the tournament, with the threat of severe weather going from overnight Wednesday into Thursday morning, that the fields would get drenched and be unplayable, throwing the tournaments into chaos, as far as scheduling was concerned.

Playing the early rounds in baseball at high school venues makes sense; why they don't do the same for softball, I have no idea.

Well not being ugly MTSN, if you had to walk a mile, then you selected too. Them there youngins had those golf carts rollin. Though I agree with the rest of the statement.

Well not being ugly MTSN, if you had to walk a mile, then you selected too. Them there youngins had those golf carts rollin. Though I agree with the rest of the statement.

The golf carts only roamed around the parking lots; they only time they ever came into the facility itself was when a player was injured and couldn't walk. I'd put my stuff on one of those carts, and then they'd drive me up to the entrance and drop me off.

The golf carts only roamed around the parking lots; they only time they ever came into the facility itself was when a player was injured and couldn't walk. I'd put my stuff on one of those carts, and then they'd drive me up to the entrance and drop me off.

Are you a coach? Get your team to help. If you were a spectator, dont take so much. If you needed assistance because of a disability they would help, just had to ask. I saw it happen. Have a good day. Not busting your hump over this everyone has there own opinion. :thumb:

Are you a coach? Get your team to help. If you were a spectator, dont take so much. If you needed assistance because of a disability they would help, just had to ask. I saw it happen. Have a good day. Not busting your hump over this everyone has there own opinion. :thumb:

I'm a broadcaster. I was hauling in a table (of course, I didn't know they'd put out a friggin' table for me until about two days later), a soundboard, microphones, laptop, cord reel, all that stuff. My executive producer couldn't get off work for any of the days I was there, and no one else is going to help me unless they're getting money, so, there you go.

I'm a broadcaster. I was hauling in a table (of course, I didn't know they'd put out a friggin' table for me until about two days later), a soundboard, microphones, laptop, cord reel, all that stuff. My executive producer couldn't get off work for any of the days I was there, and no one else is going to help me unless they're getting money, so, there you go.

My Bad. Understand now. Yes we have one of those too. Our fans try and always help him. Hope I did not offend you, that wasn't my intent.