Knox Webb & DII-A

BigENS

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BigENS

All you do on this site is bash the smaller schools and the players. We all know your are from Ensworth so worry about that division. You have no business on this posting ,start threads about your own division. You are BIG ENSWORTH so worry about what is happening at your school and leave all this smaller schools that you do not even play alone !! Noone can compete with Ensworth Blah Blah Blah.... Get over yourself Mr. know it all !!! Is my suggestion to you.

Based upon many past posts, I have my doubts as to whether "BigENS" is actually an Ensworth supporter or just someone who is trying to stir up trouble. You can't judge a book by its cover and I suggest that you not judge a poster by his/her screen name. PLEASE don't judge Ensworth by the comments of "BigENS". The Ensworth community stresses respect for all other schools, regardless of division, and for all kids, whether they play sports or pursue other interests. High school is about so much more than sports, and high school sports is about so much more than winning or losing. Hope everyone has a fun and injury-free season! :thumb:

Edited by RedRobin

Obviously the Blance brothers are very talented and are a threat on any play to take it the distance, however what made Webb good the past two years was they had above average lines for them on both sides of the ball. The 2009 team had good depth and 17 seniors while last years team had good size in the lines with speed in all skill positions. Over the past two years they have had heavy graduation loss in both lines and have a lot of work to do in order to open holes against anybody they play this year for the Blances to run successfully.

They will dress no more than 40 players including freshman and will only return two starters on both lines total. However, on offense they will have 3-4 RBs who are very talented along with a playmaker at WR. QB is a question as the 4-year starter has graduated. On defense they return all LBs and DBs but only one DL. Their LBs are hitters who can run while their DBs are young but will be special this year and next.

With that said, they will have a tough first two games with Maryville and Ensworth. Once they move into region play I see FRA and DCA being tough while I'm not sure about the others. This year more than most they have zero depth. They will be playing a bunch of kids both ways and staying free of injuries will be very important for them to have success.

I forgot about the quarterback from last year. He was a stud also. Glad he isn't back this year. He was a good runner and thrower but mostly was just a great field general.

I forgot about the quarterback from last year. He was a stud also. Glad he isn't back this year. He was a good runner and thrower but mostly was just a great field general.

If I am not mistaken, he will be pitching next year for the University of Tennessee baseball team.

If I am not mistaken, he will be pitching next year for the University of Tennessee baseball team.

He pitched at the HS level but will most likely be a middle infielder for UT.

REBELRON... he was a very good passer/runner when they asked him to do either. You hit the nail on the head about him being a field general. He knew the wing-t and mid-line veer offenses they ran inside and out. He was very good at getting everything running precisely and was really good at hiding the football when carrying out fakes etc. It's the small details like that which made Webb's offense tough to defend the past few years while he was QB.

.gif' alt=':thumb:'>

This is why you routinely run up the score in football and basketball because you are trying to stress the respect aspect with the other schools?? And respecting the kids whether they play sports or pursue other interests, that is what you were doing by snatching Richardson up from his home moving him here to play football before sending him to Pearl Cohn to graduate. Yes most people would say Ensworth is all about respect?

This is why you routinely run up the score in football and basketball because you are trying to stress the respect aspect with the other schools?? And respecting the kids whether they play sports or pursue other interests, that is what you were doing by snatching Richardson up from his home moving him here to play football before sending him to Pearl Cohn to graduate. Yes most people would say Ensworth is all about respect?

Given the athletic success that Ensworth has enjoyed in its 4 seasons of varsity athletics, I can understand that a few BA fans might be resentful, even if they do bill themselves as a "Christian" school. Your rant would, however, perhaps be more convincing if the facts bore you out. They don't.

Football:

As you know, BA and Ensworth played two extremely close games last year, with Ensworth winning them both, along with the DII-AA state championship. Either game between the two could have easily gone the other way, so I consider both teams to have been about equal in talent and overall football acumen. Both teams had 10 wins. Thus, the following comparison is interesting in view of your allegation that Ensworth football routinely "ran up the score":

Largest margin of victory: Ensworth: 29 points (35-6 over JP2) BA:47 points (55-8 over Southwind) (BA also beat JP2 by 42-0)

Average margin of victory (10 wins each): Ensworth:14.4 points BA: 30.6 points

Kinda puts a different spin than you had on who likes to run up the score, doesn't it? Since you brought it up, during the 2005 season, the BA varsity football team played an Ensworth squad made up solely of Freshman and Sophomores. The result was a BA win, 42-10. I do not recall anyone at Ensworth complaining about anyone "running up the score".

Basketball:

Ensworth's state championship boy's 2010/11 basketball team did have several "blowout" victories during their 27-3 season. They won both games against your 11-16 BA Eagles by an average of 12.5 points. All 13 players that Ensworth dressed played in every game; the last man on the bench routinely played almost as many minutes as any of the starters, since they essentially played "platoon ball". The fact that they were fresh in the second half lead to winning many games by a substantial margin which had been close games at halftime. Granted, Ricky did not call them off, but I never saw any hint of poor sportsmanship or any other acts of disrespect.

Antonio:

He came to Ensworth as a sophomore, and worked his butt off in the classroom while sitting out the football season. As a junior, he continued to work his butt off in the classroom and played football with distinction. He started the football season his senior year, but had to sit out after first quarter exams. He did not play another game for Ensworth and, as you indicate, transferred to PC where, according to the Tennessean and his dad he achieved "straight A's". He graduated and will be academically eligible to play football this year at UT as a true freshman. I fail to see how Ensworth acted in any way which should incur your wrath. In fact, his Ensworth education has served Antonio quite well, both at PC and in preparing him for the ACT, college, and life beyond. As far as I know, this is what high schools should strive to achieve. Both Antonio and his dad have nothing but positives to say about Ensworth and the education and experience that Antonio enjoyed while there. Just out of curiosity, can you tell me when BA last sat down a star athlete so that he/she could concentrate more fully on his or her studies?

Go ahead and hate, but you need to come up with some better excuses next time. As far as I am concerned, there is plenty of room in Tennessee for good athletic programs; rather than be resentful, I choose to cheer for the other DII programs in every sport when they are not playing against Ensworth. Best wishes to BA for a healthy and happy season.

Edited by RedRobin

any football team, regardless of division or class, will have their hands full when they play Knox Webb. They are a well coached football team. I understand your point that they choose to stay down in II-A when they really should be playing up. However, they do schedule tough non division foes by choice, especially this year.

:thumb:

As a Maryville fan Webb scares me to death. Those Blanche Brothers can score on any play.I saw Webb play Central. I was very impressed with them. Their only weakness is depth. They only dressed about 30-40 players.

They can play anybody for three quarters (too bad the game as the extra 12 minutes!). Depth is the issue for the Spartans particularly at very key positions. There is one boy (who says the Maryville v Alcoa game is the finest game he has ever seen) who played 46 minutes in a typical 48 minute game. Well condition? You bet. A machine? No way. Such is the case across the board for many Spartans. And size? That is another thing.....

See you in Murhvul RebelRon. I hope this inaugural game has many more to come!

Two big losses to Maryville and Ensworth. FRA should be the only team in that region that could cause problems for Knoxville Webb. DCA is self-imploding as we speak.

I hate that for DCA. I have read that this board for some time.

Don't forget about playoffs. Webb plays Division 1 quality athletes that time of the year.

Given the athletic success that Ensworth has enjoyed in its 4 seasons of varsity athletics, I can understand that a few BA fans might be resentful, even if they do bill themselves as a "Christian" school. Your rant would, however, perhaps be more convincing if the facts bore you out. They don't.

Football:

As you know, BA and Ensworth played two extremely close games last year, with Ensworth winning them both, along with the DII-AA state championship. Either game between the two could have easily gone the other way, so I consider both teams to have been about equal in talent and overall football acumen. Both teams had 10 wins. Thus, the following comparison is interesting in view of your allegation that Ensworth football routinely "ran up the score":

Largest margin of victory: Ensworth: 29 points (35-6 over JP2) BA:47 points (55-8 over Southwind) (BA also beat JP2 by 42-0)

Average margin of victory (10 wins each): Ensworth:14.4 points BA: 30.6 points

Kinda puts a different spin than you had on who likes to run up the score, doesn't it? Since you brought it up, during the 2005 season, the BA varsity football team played an Ensworth squad made up solely of Freshman and Sophomores. The result was a BA win, 42-10. I do not recall anyone at Ensworth complaining about anyone "running up the score".

Basketball:

Ensworth's state championship boy's 2010/11 basketball team did have several "blowout" victories during their 27-3 season. They won both games against your 11-16 BA Eagles by an average of 12.5 points. All 13 players that Ensworth dressed played in every game; the last man on the bench routinely played almost as many minutes as any of the starters, since they essentially played "platoon ball". The fact that they were fresh in the second half lead to winning many games by a substantial margin which had been close games at halftime. Granted, Ricky did not call them off, but I never saw any hint of poor sportsmanship or any other acts of disrespect.

Antonio:

He came to Ensworth as a sophomore, and worked his butt off in the classroom while sitting out the football season. As a junior, he continued to work his butt off in the classroom and played football with distinction. He started the football season his senior year, but had to sit out after first quarter exams. He did not play another game for Ensworth and, as you indicate, transferred to PC where, according to the Tennessean and his dad he achieved "straight A's". He graduated and will be academically eligible to play football this year at UT as a true freshman. I fail to see how Ensworth acted in any way which should incur your wrath. In fact, his Ensworth education has served Antonio quite well, both at PC and in preparing him for the ACT, college, and life beyond. As far as I know, this is what high schools should strive to achieve. Both Antonio and his dad have nothing but positives to say about Ensworth and the education and experience that Antonio enjoyed while there. Just out of curiosity, can you tell me when BA last sat down a star athlete so that he/she could concentrate more fully on his or her studies?

Go ahead and hate, but you need to come up with some better excuses next time. As far as I am concerned, there is plenty of room in Tennessee for good athletic programs; rather than be resentful, I choose to cheer for the other DII programs in every sport when they are not playing against Ensworth. Best wishes to BA for a healthy and happy season.

BA doesn't go more than an hour away to bring uneducated students to play sports for them just because of their size...

Edited by KPowers55