Early District 4A Predictions

jgcrm0024

All of district 4A will be alot better this year.

Wartburg lost a lot of talent but brings back 2 starters and some other good key players that were off the bench.

Jellico doesn't lose much, but I heard Mallicoate was moving back to Campbell Co.

Oneida doesn't lose anything from a very young team last year.

I think it will be between these 3 teams if Mallicoate stays in Jellico.

Sunbright will be better this year also not losing much.

My rankings.....

(based on a little summer action and what I remember each team will have back)

1. Oneida - returns everyone and made it to region semi-finals

2. Wartburg - did lose some big names, but Fountain will be a tough guard and there are some players to help him.

3rd-6th is too tough to call between...

Coalfield - lost some good role guys but returns best 3 in Hill, Hill, and Wilson

Jellico - only returns Mallicoat and lost just about everyone else to played big minutes

Oliver Springs - played young last year, lost 2 senior role players. might have guard back that started on state team

Sunbright - also played young, returns all, and might get post player back after year off

7. Oakdale - lost big 3, do have a couple of role players back. Someone has to be at the bottom.

I agree most will be better, I think Jellico and Oakdale will have the most to replace and won't be as good as year before.

• 1 month later...

1) Jellico- Yes the lost a lot but returning Malicoat and a bunch of new players! Their #1 as of now!

2) Oneida- Returning everyone from a team who beat Rockwood in Region last year.

3) Sunbright- Getting England back and maybe Henes with Langely and Turner.

4) Wartburg- Richardson will have to step up this year for Wartburg to hold this spot an Fountain will have to show his true potential but Wartburg did lose Justes their PG.

5) Oakdale- Stewart and Duaghtery is the top 2 for Oakdale next year both these players will have to average double digits.

6) Coalfield- They are returning the Hill brothers and Wilson should be decent.

7) OZ- not sure about them.

1) Jellico- Yes the lost a lot but returning Malicoat and a bunch of new players! Their #1 as of now!

2) Oneida- Returning everyone from a team who beat Rockwood in Region last year.

3) Sunbright- Getting England back and maybe Henes with Langely and Turner.

4) Wartburg- Richardson will have to step up this year for Wartburg to hold this spot an Fountain will have to show his true potential but Wartburg did lose Justes their PG.

5) Oakdale- Stewart and Duaghtery is the top 2 for Oakdale next year both these players will have to average double digits.

6) Coalfield- They are returning the Hill brothers and Wilson should be decent.

7) OZ- not sure about them.

what do u mean by "new players" for Jellico?? Must be more recruits cause if you mean the bench from last year they are gonna have 2 step way up to compete even with Mallicoate! You're also putting Wartburg a little low considering they had the deepest bench last year in the district. They have a lot of kids that can play! If they stay in shape i see them being very good.Oneida will be very good when hitting the long balls but if they are off then they will be in trouble. OZ will be better but still have a long way 2 go. nobody knows who will actually play for sunbright but either way they will have 2 have a deeper bench 2 play with the faster teams!

They way i see it is

1/2 wartburg/oneida

3 jellico

4 sunbright

5/6/7 coalfield OZ and oakdale

• 2 months later...

Wartburg and Oneida should be the two most solid teams.....Wartburg because of Lane, very sharp coach and his kids play hard for him. Oneida returns everyone and three of them concentrate on bball only. Add the talents of the additional football players and they have a very good starting five.

Mallicoat makes Jellico formitable. If he isn't there, and i have no knowledge that he isn't, they will fall way off.

OZ was young and somewhat unsuccessful last season, they will be better....but so will the teams ahead of them.

Coalfield will challenge some teams from time to time, but the lack of a frontcourt player will hamper them. You can't build size inside if your not tall.

Oakdale lost too much to dent some of the better teams. They are going to live and die on the three ball. It better go in or they are going to get blown out some nights.

Sunbright really will go depending on who shows up to play. The addition of England could really help them. If they don't get players out, it won't be pretty for them.

Wartburg and Oneida should be the two most solid teams.....Wartburg because of Lane, very sharp coach and his kids play hard for him. Oneida returns everyone and three of them concentrate on bball only. Add the talents of the additional football players and they have a very good starting five.

Mallicoat makes Jellico formitable. If he isn't there, and i have no knowledge that he isn't, they will fall way off.

OZ was young and somewhat unsuccessful last season, they will be better....but so will the teams ahead of them.

Coalfield will challenge some teams from time to time, but the lack of a frontcourt player will hamper them. You can't build size inside if your not tall.

Oakdale lost too much to dent some of the better teams. They are going to live and die on the three ball. It better go in or they are going to get blown out some nights.

Sunbright really will go depending on who shows up to play. The addition of England could really help them. If they don't get players out, it won't be pretty for them.

Wartburg and Oneida will be very exciting to watch! two completely different styles of basketball, with talent on both teams. It will be very interesting. I believe the key will be the tempo of the game. Whoever can play at their pace will win and be the best team in the district! Jellico and Sunbright have a chance to bust things up as well

• 2 weeks later...

1-Wartburg-The best "TEAM" in the district. they play well together.

2-Oneida-Probably the most talent, but can they play completely as a team?

3-4-5-OS, Sunbright, Coalfield-No particular order. This will depend on how many football players play for OS and Coalfield, and if England does play for Sunbright or not.

6-Oakdale-Don't know how much talent or experience is left.

???-Jellico-Did not put them in because I have heard different stories on Mallicoat. If he is there they are top 3, if not they could be 7th.

1-Wartburg-The best "TEAM" in the district. they play well together.

2-Oneida-Probably the most talent, but can they play completely as a team?

3-4-5-OS, Sunbright, Coalfield-No particular order. This will depend on how many football players play for OS and Coalfield, and if England does play for Sunbright or not.

6-Oakdale-Don't know how much talent or experience is left.

???-Jellico-Did not put them in because I have heard different stories on Mallicoat. If he is there they are top 3, if not they could be 7th.

I was told Mallicoat was there and they have got some more kids from CC to come up with Mallicoat

Rufus thinks the transfer thing operating up there would raise an eyebrow or two. Personnally, I think it is probably a bunch of bullhockey! Educators just can't be that stupid....IMO. I know Mallicoat is legal.....heck he played up there last season, so I would expect, for all the world to see him there. Coach Yaden should have a artillary of shooters to rival everyone and anyone! I expect his crew will bring home the bacon this year! Don't you guys?