CloudFlare

it seems to have resolved at the moment, but it's been pretty consistant for the last few days. thanks again.

Ive been having problems lately as well with pc freezing up crashing etc....tonite is the 1st time Ive not been shut compeletly off ,but have experencied losing tabs by MSN causing me to have to go back and forth to stay on..hopefully its fixed permantely

After searching Microsoft's help site, there seems to be a lot people having this problem with Internet Explorer.

One thing you might try is a couple of changes to your Internet Options. In Internet Explorer, click on Tools, Internet Options and then the Advanced tab. Uncheck the boxes next to "Enable Automatic Crash Recovery" and "Automatically recover from page layout errors with Compatibility View" then click OK and restart Internet Explorer.

Here are some links to other tips some folks have had success with:

This tab has been recovered in IE8

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

How to optimize Internet Explorer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Just this evening, while browsing Yahoo Sports in IE8, I received a blank page or error message every few clicks. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with IE8 since I still use Windows XP. If you can upgrade to Internet Explorer 9 you should look at doing that.

There's also four other mainstream, fully-supported browsers available you could try: Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Safari. You'll no doubt have a much better experience with them.

Thanks.

More on this CloudFlare business... if you are prompted with the verification page, please don't take offense to it, it's only there to help. Think of it as a friendly tip that you may have a virus or unscrupulous malware running on your computer. These days, it's very easy to pick up.

CloudFlare uses data from an organization known as Project Honeypot. They collect and organize data related to spam email messages (like when you report an email as spam in your email program) and they work to identify bots (compromised computers) used to harvest email addresses and send out spam emails.

If CloudFlare prompts you to verify that you're human, remember to leave your member name or email address in the comment block. Later, you can locate your IP address and look it up on the Project Honeypot website. It will show you a sampling of recent activity seen from your IP address and that information will give you some insight as to what you need to do to to clean up your computer (if necessary). If you run some scans and turn out clean, let us know and we can help make sure you're bugged less often by the verification.

Just trying to help make the Internet a safer place for everybody!