FRANKLIN REBELS 2011

callofdooty

Do you really think that? FHS has won on the athletes that came through FSSD, not Grassland. With a rezoning from about 6 years back FHS lost the majority of those FSSD kids, but through recruiting and questionable addresses have been able to get a lot of them to still come to Franklin. Thats not happening any more. They are going to Centennial in droves and the lack of athletic ability of Grassland kids will be impossible to ignore in two years, maybe less.

A five minute conversation with anyone who has been around county football for more than 10 years will tell you exactly this information. Heck, thats where I got it. I guess I am the only one that bothers to ask around and figure it out.

Those "un-athletic" Grassland kids who are now seniors at FHS did not lose one game while at Grassland Middle. They went two years beating the athletes from FSSD, Brentwood, and Heritage. Your statement that "FHS has won on the athletes from FSSD" is simply false.

• Upvote 1

Those "un-athletic" Grassland kids who are now seniors at FHS did not lose one game while at Grassland Middle. They went two years beating the athletes from FSSD, Brentwood, and Heritage. Your statement that "FHS has won on the athletes from FSSD" is simply false.

no its not, and everyone knows it. CC knows it too and thats why this will be his last season. Word is out that this is his swan song at FHS. He sees the handwriting on the wall, just like so many others do.

It is what it is. Talent comes and goes. Programs rise and fall. This is the last chance at a decent season for several years to come, and just like other coaches have done in the past, CC sees this as a good time to exit. I hope you do have a good season, because your coach is jumping ship after this season and with the loss of athletic base, a top coach will be hard to find, just look at Ravenwood.

no its not, and everyone knows it. CC knows it too and thats why this will be his last season. Word is out that this is his swan song at FHS. He sees the handwriting on the wall, just like so many others do.

It is what it is. Talent comes and goes. Programs rise and fall. This is the last chance at a decent season for several years to come, and just like other coaches have done in the past, CC sees this as a good time to exit. I hope you do have a good season, because your coach is jumping ship after this season and with the loss of athletic base, a top coach will be hard to find, just look at Ravenwood.

First, Clayton is not my coach and Franklin is not my team. Secondly, you were referring to the past when you stated FHS' success is attributed to FSSD kids and not Grassland. Now you are projecting into the future by stating "after this year" the talent falls off. I won't argue that point. However, If you knew anything about Franklin football the last 5 years, you would have a clue where most of the top players attended middle school.

First, Clayton is not my coach and Franklin is not my team. Secondly, you were referring to the past when you stated FHS' success is attributed to FSSD kids and not Grassland. Now you are projecting into the future by stating "after this year" the talent falls off. I won't argue that point. However, If you knew anything about Franklin football the last 5 years, you would have a clue where most of the top players attended middle school.

Shooter if you don't know by now, you soon will. Bachelor #2 is throughly capable of making himself look like a idiot, needs very little help. I saw your photos from Smyrner. Good stuff but when the sun goes down at Smyrner everything changes. Red Green Blue, Red Green Blue, Red Green Blue!!!! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

you would have a clue if you realized that it is not where they play middle school, it is where they end up in high school that matters. The athletes are not ending up at Franklin any more, at least not in the numbers of the past. BGA and BA are getting any of the good Grassland kids. Centennial is getting the vast majority of athletic FSSD kids. FHS is dying on the vine. As I have said many times before, FHS has lost its athletic base. And now word is out that their coach knows it and this is his last season.

Shooter if you don't know by now, you soon will. Bachelor #2 is throughly capable of making himself look like a idiot, needs very little help. I saw your photos from Smyrner. Good stuff but when the sun goes down at Smyrner everything changes. Red Green Blue, Red Green Blue, Red Green Blue!!!! :popcorneater:

try to stay on topic, not on taco. Its pretty creepy how much you post about me and not about football. Man crush?

You were right about the lights. I gave up shooting in the second half.

Believe me, the Franklin team in the second half of that game was no where to be found the first half. I'm betting on nerves hit all the Franklin kids for the first half. You could tell the players were down, the coaches were mad, and the fans were upset throughout the first half. The coaches didn't take the players into the locker room, instead took them to the side of the stadium to talk. Something good must have been said during that talk because the team looked completely different from the start. The defense had a little swagger on the field and the offense finally started making plays. First half Franklin had a hard time running and catching the ball. Hats off to Kuivinen for staying in the game the way he did; he had hit his receivers multiple times in the hands and the kids were dropping the ball, but after the nerves were gone, the receivers started making plays and the running game took off after putting in a sophomore back. Had Franklin played the first half like they did the second half, the game would have been a blowout. Everybody better watch out for this team assuming the second half team shows up week in and week out now.

Agree! But my question is why did we not show up in the first half? Why have we been struggling on offense when we have a QB like we have? The answer is young off. linemen and WR that DROP the ball!!!!!!!!

you would have a clue if you realized that it is not where they play middle school, it is where they end up in high school that matters. The athletes are not ending up at Franklin any more, at least not in the numbers of the past. BGA and BA are getting any of the good Grassland kids. Centennial is getting the vast majority of athletic FSSD kids. FHS is dying on the vine. As I have said many times before, FHS has lost its athletic base. And now word is out that their coach knows it and this is his last season.

I do not believe this at all.

Taco enough. Go to your Centennial/Independence threads and leave us alone until we meet in two weeks. Man, I can't wait for the Rebels to run all over the cougars. TACO, you make me sick.

I do not believe this at all.

Taco enough. Go to your Centennial/Independence threads and leave us alone until we meet in two weeks. Man, I can't wait for the Rebels to run all over the cougars. TACO, you make me sick.

Running all over the cougars defense will hurt Taco a lot. He loves that defense at Centennial.

You clearly haven't seen the freshman football team for Franklin play, they have a lot of phenomenal athletes, including their quarterback.

Agree! But my question is why did we not show up in the first half? Why have we been struggling on offense when we have a QB like we have? The answer is young off. linemen and WR that DROP the ball!!!!!!!!

I believe you were slamming me a few weeks back when I was asking about what was revealed at the 7 on 7. Remember that? Want me to go get the post that asked about receivers and young lineman? Ouch.

Posts # 5,6, and 7 in this very thread are very revealing, as revealing as the 7 on 7 turned out to be.

Edited by taco