Pepsi Mid America Football Challenge

QBClubPrez

Do you think Milan will have a bigger following than Lexington or Marshall Co., KY?

Mayfield is the KY juggernaut and I would have to say Henry Co. is the same in West TN barring Memphis schools. Milan played hard, but Henry Co. had way to much tonight. Good thing they put subs in at end of first quarter

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Milan play Henry County during the regular season instead of Trenton.

Camden will win, Westview will lose, Milan gives HC and eye opener.

Swing my friend, don't ask for such a thing!!! Milan is a great, historic program.....but don't need a blemish on their record every year from the patriots. I think they were tied with Camden as the third best team on the field tonight....Maybe. They need to overhaul that offense.

Edited by matt_8777

I think a Milan/Henry County game would be great for both schools. Two top notch programs in

West TN, why not? IMO it would be THE regular season game we all would look forward to.

All I meant by "eye Opener" was that we could compete with you guys.

Milan needs a new playbook...seriously. They have been running this power eye dive left and dive right for way too long. I think they have about 10 plays in their arsenal.

Had a lot of fun tonight! Hope we get to host one again next year and years to come. My patriots looked good tonight, but keep in mind it was just a scrimmage. Milan will still be a very tough out for anyone this season. I was also impressed with both Camden and Lexington. Lexington has some serious athletes all over the field, and Camden's got some serious talent at running back.

Had a lot of fun tonight! Hope we get to host one again next year and years to come. My patriots looked good tonight, but keep in mind it was just a scrimmage. Milan will still be a very tough out for anyone this season. I was also impressed with both Camden and Lexington. Lexington has some serious athletes all over the field, and Camden's got some serious talent at running back.

What did you think of the Camden QB's arm?

Mayfield is the KY juggernaut

:thumb:

I can't believe Marshall Co won, they have won a total of about 3 games in 3 years. Maybe they are turning the corner.

As for Milan, I think there maybe reason for some concern, A reloading Mayfield team (which is what we are susposed to be after a 15-0 run last year with a senior laced squad)is better than 99% of other teams but we dominated pretty much all phases of the game and now HC takes down the Bulldogs granted HC is a tough out for anybody. Was listening to Milan's Jeff Morris speak to his KY Cousin Joe Morris (Mayfield Head Coach)after the Mayfield scrimmage and he clearly was not happy, espically with his qb play. AS for Milan not caring about winning swcrimmages, I'm not buying it given their efforts against Mayfield in the pasts years. Hope I'm wrong but I think Milan will come out of the gate slow

Milan needs a new playbook? You mean the one that has got them to the state championship several times and won them state championships? Milan has earned the reputation of smash mouth football relying on their offensive line year in and year out to dominate the d line. They've done well with their run game in more years than not. You mustve never seen alcoa play before huh? They have the same offensive scheme as milan, just in a more dominant manner. Alcoa runs the ball more than milan and I promise you there's no trick plays as to where the ball is going. Its fun to watch if you like a smashmouth run game. Also, I don't think coach morris opened the whole offensive playbook and went all out for this jambo. Once again, I will say, milan will be just fine as long as morris is there. Another eight or nine win season this year. Good luck dawgs!

Milan needs a new playbook? You mean the one that has got them to the state championship several times and won them state championships? Milan has earned the reputation of smash mouth football relying on their offensive line year in and year out to dominate the d line. They've done well with their run game in more years than not. You mustve never seen alcoa play before huh? They have the same offensive scheme as milan, just in a more dominant manner. Alcoa runs the ball more than milan and I promise you there's no trick plays as to where the ball is going. Its fun to watch if you like a smashmouth run game. Also, I don't think coach morris opened the whole offensive playbook and went all out for this jambo. Once again, I will say, milan will be just fine as long as morris is there. Another eight or nine win season this year. Good luck dawgs!

It amazes me what 10 mins of a jamboree and everyone can forecast a team. All those teams playing last night will be in deep in playoffs like every year. Same systems just different personel. Ready for week 0

I can't believe Marshall Co won, they have won a total of about 3 games in 3 years. Maybe they are turning the corner.

As for Milan, I think there maybe reason for some concern, A reloading Mayfield team (which is what we are susposed to be after a 15-0 run last year with a senior laced squad)is better than 99% of other teams but we dominated pretty much all phases of the game and now HC takes down the Bulldogs granted HC is a tough out for anybody. Was listening to Milan's Jeff Morris speak to his KY Cousin Joe Morris (Mayfield Head Coach)after the Mayfield scrimmage and he clearly was not happy, espically with his qb play. AS for Milan not caring about winning swcrimmages, I'm not buying it given their efforts against Mayfield in the pasts years. Hope I'm wrong but I think Milan will come out of the gate slow

I also do not bite into the not caring to win scrimmages. Some of them maybe but Milan has to be concern no doubt. But Milan will be ok and win their share of games. But Morris has got to be worried to some degree.

Marshall Co did not win...14-7 Camden.

Milan will be fine...maybe not as dominant early, but by the time it counts, they'll be running on all cylinders as usual. Camden still has big...BIG question marks. This Saturday against Lipscomb will tell the tale on how their season goes. Henry Co as usual has athletes all over the field...they'll have a good year. Lexington was the most impressive team to me...fast, fast, fast! This year if they don't make a run for the big money at the end of the season then they never will.