All-State Players

garfield1969

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Big G, just saw the TSWA list myself was wondering that myself with CCS?! We (Dyersburg) made it to the Quarter finals this year but met a much better side in CAK. Thought we would get a nod or two on the ALL STATE Roster we did have a 42 goal; 21 Assist in Nic Berry and a Defense that allowed only 18 goals in 23 games albeit from the lowly West TN area, but I have know idea how to get kids nominated for TSWA. And even having major problems just trying to get THSSCA A/AA All State Team announced. Folks are real uncommunicative theses days..We need you Big G!

The TSWA lists proves little other than the fact that the Tennessee Sports Writers know little and care even less about soccer. Not a single player from A-AA District 9. Really? Do you honestly believe that there are no players from CPA, Lipscomb, Hume Fogg or MLK that belong on this list? How many District 9 games do you think a writer from the Tennesean or Nashville City Paper attended? Any? Should the Sportswriters all-state list really be a product of coach lobbying? If the sportswriters in Tennessee are not going to do their jobs, then they shouldn't bother putting the list together at all.

Yeah Big G, just saw the TSWA list myself was wondering that myself with CCS?! We (Dyersburg) made it to the Quarter finals this year but met a much better side in CAK. Thought we would get a nod or two on the ALL STATE Roster we did have a 42 goal; 21 Assist in Nic Berry and a Defense that allowed only 18 goals in 23 games albeit from the lowly West TN area, but I have know idea how to get kids nominated for TSWA. And even having major problems just trying to get THSSCA A/AA All State Team announced. Folks are real uncommunicative theses days..We need you Big G!

When I was working on the All State roster, we got reps from each region, though I can tell you, it was VERY hard to get responses from coaches! Some were great, but I couldn't get some to call or e mail back even for their own players. We wanted each area to have at least 1 All State player on the list, then go from there. It took a LOT of work, I can tell you. I don't envy the reporters job in this at all.

BUT, for CCS to win the state tournament, and only get one rep, says there was something missing. Maybe a breakdown of communication? Who knows. I know that in Knoxville, the reporters would research the area players. I also know that coaches had a responsibility for getting info and nominations to the reporters by a certain date.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was working on the All State roster, we got reps from each region, though I can tell you, it was VERY hard to get responses from coaches! Some were great, but I couldn't get some to call or e mail back even for their own players. We wanted each area to have at least 1 All State player on the list, then go from there. It took a LOT of work, I can tell you. I don't envy the reporters job in this at all.

BUT, for CCS to win the state tournament, and only get one rep, says there was something missing. Maybe a breakdown of communication? Who knows. I know that in Knoxville, the reporters would research the area players. I also know that coaches had a responsibility for getting info and nominations to the reporters by a certain date.

CCS coaches are on top of this and have no answers either. Not for lack of interest or effort...