IMAC Predictions

patpride1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone that was at the game tell me if the Ricker fumble/spike was as bad as the 100.7 announcers made it sound?

motownanddown

Didn't hear the ME radio crew but it definitly was a strange call and one that I can see why they wouldn't agree with. Ricker definitly bobbled the snap and while falling down backwards under pressure of a sack, it appeared he kind of pushed the ball down to the ground in an attempt to spike it before he was down. I am assuming that the referee believed that Ricker never regained complete control of the ball before the spike and there for ruled it a fumble. Whatever the referee believed he saw, to his credit, he was the one that made the call and he made it emphatically, immediately and with no consultation with any of the other officials (which would make sense since he was in his normal position in the backfield and had the closest and best view of the play).

To be honest, I am not sure if it was a fumble or not. It happened so fast and with the rainy conditions and the players all massed together in the mud it was really hard to see it clearly. Hated that an exciting game and one that impacted so many teams ended in such a controversial manner. Would have really loved to see a replay.

motownanddown

Didn't hear the ME radio crew but it definitly was a strange call and one that I can see why they wouldn't agree with. Ricker definitly bobbled the snap and while falling down backwards under pressure of a sack, it appeared he kind of pushed the ball down to the ground in an attempt to spike it before he was down. I am assuming that the referee believed that Ricker never regained complete control of the ball before the spike and there for ruled it a fumble. Whatever the referee believed he saw, to his credit, he was the one that made the call and he made it emphatically, immediately and with no consultation with any of the other officials (which would make sense since he was in his normal position in the backfield and had the closest and best view of the play).

To be honest, I am not sure if it was a fumble or not. It happened so fast and with the rainy conditions and the players all massed together in the mud it was really hard to see it clearly. Hated that an exciting game and one that impacted so many teams ended in such a controversial manner. Would have really loved to see a replay.

The announcers gave no mention of a bobbled snap, I could see where the official was coming from if that was the case. I was listening on the way home from the West game and the East announcers made it sound as if it was an obvious spike that the officials just decided they would call a fumble.

IMAC playoff predictions sure to go wrong. It is a shame that 4 of the Imac teams have to play again in the first round.

(6)Hardin Valley @ (3)Sevier County - IMAC champ SC will get a win over a team from west Knoxville...finally! SC by 20+

(8)Cocke County @ (1)Morristown West - Rematch of week 9 game that was a blowout. Not much changes in 2 weeks! West by 20+

(5)Cherokee @ (4)Morristown East - Rematch of early season shootout. I think East has done more improving than Mobuck. East by 14

(7)Jefferson County @ (2)Dobyns-Bennett - Oh No! Anybody but this bunch of a@#$%^&*! DB but not by as many as most think

(6)South Doyle @ (3)Sullivan South - Best game involving IMAC team. SD will score (weather really hurt them last week)but can they hold SS. SD wins and plays Knox West next week!

Go IMAC

(6)Hardin Valley @ (3)Sevier County - SC finally beats a West Knox school after 2 years of failing to do so

(8)Cocke County @ (1)Morristown West - Mo West wins Big by 20

(5)Cherokee @ (4)Morristown East - Mo East Manhandled Cherokee lol

(7)Jefferson County @ (2)Dobyns-Bennett - DB wins this one by 14+

(6)South Doyle @ (3)Sullivan South South-Doyle has to travel 2 hours for game thus South wins by 21

I was proud of the Patriots after halftime. They had rolled over in those situations before. Fought DB tooth and nail in the 2nd half. DB is a good team and may beat SC this week. I was shocked by the SS and SD score, but the conditions looked bad. Hardin Valley really put a scare in Sevier Co. before the Bears pulled one out. Mo East and West cruised by Cherokee and Cocke Co. The rematch will be intense. Overall the IMAC went 3-4 in the 1st round, but 2 of the losses were in rematches. Personally, a 4-1 week. Will give my predictions later in the week.

Edited by Red81KPsmash

Round 2 of the playoffs. No Jeff. Co. football :cry: but still 3 IMAC teams alive. Unfortunately, 2 will play each other. At least we will have a team in the quarters.

Sevier Co. vs Dobyns-Bennett - SC returns to the scene of there only loss, a 1 point loss on a missed extra point (@#$% kickers). I think SC goes back and gets revenge in a close game.

Mo. East vs Mo. West - East definitely will have the shortest distance of any "away" team in the second round (about 20 yards). This game was an instant classic the first time around. Seeing them play Jeff back to back weeks, they both were impressive. I think West is better, but this game will be a war! I am taking West by 1.

Best of luck to all teams. Stay safe!!

Round 2 of the playoffs. No Jeff. Co. football :cry: but still 3 IMAC teams alive. Unfortunately, 2 will play each other. At least we will have a team in the quarters.

Sevier Co. vs Dobyns-Bennett - SC returns to the scene of there only loss, a 1 point loss on a missed extra point (@#$% kickers). I think SC goes back and gets revenge in a close game.

Mo. East vs Mo. West - East definitely will have the shortest distance of any "away" team in the second round (about 20 yards). This game was an instant classic the first time around. Seeing them play Jeff back to back weeks, they both were impressive. I think West is better, but this game will be a war! I am taking West by 1.

Best of luck to all teams. Stay safe!!

What is IMAC?

Well, it is the second week of November, which means football season is over in Kingsport! What a comeback by Sevier Co. and a supreme choke job by DB. SC can really score fast, but DB fumbling inside the SC 20 with a chance to win is awful. Anyway, the IMAC has 2 teams in the quarterfinals. SC will play at Maryville in 6A while Morristown West will host Knox West. Friends tell me Mo. West looked totally dominant at times in the game with East and awful at other times to make it a game. They will need a complete effort this week. Go IMAC!