Smith County vs Whites Creek Scrimmage

scooter

SC and WC went 0-0 with the 1's , WC-1 SC-0 with SC 2nd defense and WC 1st offense. WC #2's 1 and SC 2's 0. Both defenses looked very good. Hard to tell about offenses due to each defense being dominant. I left at this point as SC had 90 players to play and WC had 30. Good scrimmage for both teams. WC opponents watch out for #98 on defense - he is a 'HOSS'.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mighty Owl defense looked as solid as I've ever seen. Don't look too deep into those scores scooter. A coaching staff like ours knows that a scrimmage like this is just for letting our boys get a little taste of full contact. This wasn't about opening up our playbook for the world to see. I can guarantee you things went exactly as the Big Man intended them to. Now Whites Creek on the other hand probably threw out a little bit of everything they had, just to meet the brick wall that was The Owl Defense. LMBO. Us fans just have to be patient a little bit longer, then everyone in the district will be pleading, PLEASE HOLD THE MAYNORDAISE, but we'll just keep piling it on. LMBO NOW SOMEBODY PASS THE MAYNORDAISE!!!!

Guest Termite

Hold on Sammy. If Maynard had been there he would NOT have been happy. The O line looked terrible considering most started last year. Tackett will get get that fixed

I know this is the3rd day in pads but some looked like they were satisfied they have a starting job and just going through the motion. Bigger ain't always better. Watch #74. It's evident he has the want too. Some of the other big number guys (50-79) better get that want to. It all starts up front. May even think about #35 a big number again. Can't #3 $86,and another or 2 play TE

The mighty Owl defense looked as solid as I've ever seen. Don't look too deep into those scores scooter. A coaching staff like ours knows that a scrimmage like this is just for letting our boys get a little taste of full contact. This wasn't about opening up our playbook for the world to see. I can guarantee you things went exactly as the Big Man intended them to. Now Whites Creek on the other hand probably threw out a little bit of everything they had, just to meet the brick wall that was The Owl Defense. LMBO. Us fans just have to be patient a little bit longer, then everyone in the district will be pleading, PLEASE HOLD THE MAYNORDAISE, but we'll just keep piling it on. LMBO NOW SOMEBODY PASS THE MAYNORDAISE!!!!

Hmmmm... It may be true that people in your typically weak district will be asking you to hold the "maynordaise". The question is, when it comes playoff time, will your team again be playing "Ketchup" because they can't quite "Cut the Mustard" with the big dogs? The Owls always seem to dominate during the season and go home early in the post-season. They've got a long way to go to be bragging like they are Alcoa or something.

Guest Termite

Well well we'll.....lil piggy . You need to look before you pop off about SC or their "typically weak" district. SC is the 4th winningst team in 3A in the last decade. Look at SC record and oppents few years. SC York and LA have made a few good runs the past 10-15 years. I noticed you didnt plug YOUR team. Must not be to proud of your rinkydink team. I would guess YOUR team makes YOUR district LOOK strong.LOL.

Hmmmm... It may be true that people in your typically weak district will be asking you to hold the "maynordaise". The question is, when it comes playoff time, will your team again be playing "Ketchup" because they can't quite "Cut the Mustard" with the big dogs? The Owls always seem to dominate during the season and go home early in the post-season. They've got a long way to go to be bragging like they are Alcoa or something.

Little Piggie - 1st post huh? I really don't see SC looking like Alcoa. I believe Termie set the record straight about the problems the Owls face at this time. And your team is?

Well well we'll.....lil piggy . You need to look before you pop off about SC or their "typically weak" district. SC is the 4th winningst team in 3A in the last decade. Look at SC record and oppents few years. SC York and LA have made a few good runs the past 10-15 years. I noticed you didnt plug YOUR team. Must not be to proud of your rinkydink team. I would guess YOUR team makes YOUR district LOOK strong.LOL.

Just retired to Cumberland County last fall from a little place outside of Birmingham called Hoover - not sure if you would have heard of it. No need for me to brag about my team here because I don't have one. Word from some people I was around here and on these boards was that Smith County had the best team money could buy in this area - 90 players strong, so I went to a game to check it out. Not bad, but not on the level as the team where I am from. I checked the play-off brackets and only see them going beyond the second round of what everyone says is a diluted play-off system once in the last five years. Better than some, but certainly not enough to warrant the type of arrogance that goes along with the "Maynordaise" comment. Also went and watched Alcoa. Now that is the real deal. When you're that good,you don't need to brag about how good you are, the gold balls speak for themselves.

Edited by pigskinpersona

Just retired to Cumberland County last fall from a little place outside of Birmingham called Hoover - not sure if you would have heard of it. No need for me to brag about my team here because I don't have one. Word from some people I was around here and on these boards was that Smith County had the best team money could buy in this area - 90 players strong, so I went to a game to check it out. Not bad, but not on the level as the team where I am from. I checked the play-off brackets and only see them going beyond the second round of what everyone says is a diluted play-off system once in the last five years. Better than some, but certainly not enough to warrant the type of arrogance that goes along with the "Maynordaise" comment. Also went and watched Alcoa. Now that is the real deal. When you're that good,you don't need to brag about how good you are, the gold balls speak for themselves.

You lost me dude. I don't think anyone has equated SC with Hoover or Alcoa. Not many in this state could make that claim. I'm a little confused by the "best team money can buy in this area" comment. How's that?

Actually...SC made it to the 3rd round 2 years ago losing to York on virtually the last play. As for the diluted playoff system...can't do much about that. Alcoa might just be the best team in the state...all classes. A couple of other teams aren't too shabby either. It doesn't matter how diluted if some of the toughest teams are in your class. So...maybe you can latch onto Alcoa...you sound like a frontrunner type of guy. I bet you had a Bammer license plate a couple of years ago...and now you have an Aaawburn one now. :rolleyes:

Edited by Antwan

I seriously doubt that anyone who "retires" to Cumberland County from Hoover and joins a message board about high school football would make their only 2 posts on a thread about Smith County and a Maynordaise comment.

Seriously, if you're piggie is living in Cumberland County, why isn't he talking about Stone Memorial or Cumberland County or ever more of the better known teams in the state. I just find it hard to believe that he would just stumble on the Maynordaise comment and know what it meant. <_<

You lost me dude. I don't think anyone has equated SC with Hoover or Alcoa. Not many in this state could make that claim. I'm a little confused by the "best team money can buy in this area" comment. How's that?

Actually...SC made it to the 3rd round 2 years ago losing to York on virtually the last play. As for the diluted playoff system...can't do much about that. Alcoa might just be the best team in the state...all classes. A couple of other teams aren't too shabby either. It doesn't matter how diluted if some of the toughest teams are in your class. So...maybe you can latch onto Alcoa...you sound like a frontrunner type of guy. I bet you had a Bammer license plate a couple of years ago...and now you have an Aaawburn one now. :rolleyes:

Actually, been a Bama fan since birth and will be till I die even if they never win another game. Wouldn't cheer for Auburn if they were the only team left. Alcoa does have a class act team and a great coach - probably the best in the state in all classes. Smith County is pretty good too - it's just the arrogance of comments like were made before that seem bigger than the team itself. Best team money could buy refers to the fact that the people I know from there are always talking about how they have an indoor practice facility when most 5-A schools can't even afford one and that the program gets whatever they want because Maynord runs the school and the school system there. If you're gonna' talk so much smack and put everyone else down, better be backing it up with championships. As for who I might "latch onto", I am starting to like a little school on the mountain called Monterey - average at best, proud but not boastful, step-child to the Putnam County System and their golden child Cookeville. Always did like an underdog.

I seriously doubt that anyone who "retires" to Cumberland County from Hoover and joins a message board about high school football would make their only 2 posts on a thread about Smith County and a Maynordaise comment.

Seriously, if you're piggie is living in Cumberland County, why isn't he talking about Stone Memorial or Cumberland County or ever more of the better known teams in the state. I just find it hard to believe that he would just stumble on the Maynordaise comment and know what it meant. <_<

Believe what you want. Got two grandkids at Hoover High right now. Can't be in the Upper Cumberland long without knowing what that comment was all about. I do get the Cookeville paper and people from Smith County do live and work outside of "Maynordville". Actually read the post to see what WC had at the scrimmage not to keep up with the illustrious owls.

Guest Termite

Actually, been a Bama fan since birth and will be till I die even if they never win another game. Wouldn't cheer for Auburn if they were the only team left. Alcoa does have a class act team and a great coach - probably the best in the state in all classes. Smith County is pretty good too - it's just the arrogance of comments like were made before that seem bigger than the team itself. Best team money could buy refers to the fact that the people I know from there are always talking about how they have an indoor practice facility when most 5-A schools can't even afford one and that the program gets whatever they want because Maynord runs the school and the school system there. If you're gonna' talk so much smack and put everyone else down, better be backing it up with championships.

As for who I might "latch onto", I am starting to like a little school on the mountain called Monterey - average at best, proud but not boastful, step-child to the Putnam County System and their golden child Cookeville. Always did like an underdog.

The SC QB club and donations built the indoor facility

The school system doesn't have a penny invested in building it. Maynard is the 4th principal. I doubt G-ville would agree that he runs the system here Again,look before you pop off. Know where Alcoa coach is from? Keep looking. You'll see a little of everything on here. Some arrogance some just fun some teal information. I've been know to stir it up a little myself. On thing about us SC folks. We give it out about pretty good. Most are always up for a little verbal jousting.