Smith County vs Whites Creek Scrimmage

scooter

Guest Termite

Actually, been a Bama fan since birth and will be till I die even if they never win another game. Wouldn't cheer for Auburn if they were the only team left. Alcoa does have a class act team and a great coach - probably the best in the state in all classes. Smith County is pretty good too - it's just the arrogance of comments like were made before that seem bigger than the team itself. Best team money could buy refers to the fact that the people I know from there are always talking about how they have an indoor practice facility when most 5-A schools can't even afford one and that the program gets whatever they want because Maynord runs the school and the school system there. If you're gonna' talk so much smack and put everyone else down, better be backing it up with championships.

As for who I might "latch onto", I am starting to like a little school on the mountain called Monterey - average at best, proud but not boastful, step-child to the Putnam County System and their golden child Cookeville. Always did like an underdog.

The SC QB club and donations built the indoor facility

The school system doesn't have a penny invested in building it. Maynard is the principal. I doubt G-ville would agree that he runs the system here Again,look before you pop off. Know where Alcoa coach is from? Keep looking. You'll see a little of everything on here. Some arrogance some just fun some real information. I've been know to stir it up a little myself. On thing about us SC folks. We give it out about pretty good. Most are always up for a little verbal jousting.

Edited by Termite

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe what you want. Got two grandkids at Hoover High right now. Can't be in the Upper Cumberland long without knowing what that comment was all about. I do get the Cookeville paper and people from Smith County do live and work outside of "Maynordville". Actually read the post to see what WC had at the scrimmage not to keep up with the illustrious owls.

Pigley-wigley: Not only did the community build a 1/2 million indoor facility, we are building a baseball field on campus and a softball field on campus with NO county funds. It's not JUST football here at SC. You saying you are from Hoover, AL is about like me saying I'm from Birmingham, AL. Just ain't so - at some point in time Coach Maynord has rubbed your nose in the ground and made you like it. Too vile not to be.

Pigley-wigley: Not only did the community build a 1/2 million indoor facility, we are building a baseball field on campus and a softball field on campus with NO county funds. It's not JUST football here at SC. You saying you are from Hoover, AL is about like me saying I'm from Birmingham, AL. Just ain't so - at some point in time Coach Maynord has rubbed your nose in the ground and made you like it. Too vile not to be.

Let me correct a point I made. I checked and found that the indoor facility was about $350,000. I was counting the contents inside the facility, which the school bought with NO county funds.

SC does play in a typically weak district. However, they did what any good team should do and that is dominate that district. If they were struggling with district teams then there might be a problem, but they beat everyone by double digit points last year so there is no problem. SC may have got put out in the 2nd round, but they met up with a very good Pearl Cohn team who was probably one of the best teams in 3a last year, only lost 28-21 to the 3a runner up.

SC does play in a typically weak district. However, they did what any good team should do and that is dominate that district. If they were struggling with district teams then there might be a problem, but they beat everyone by double digit points last year so there is no problem. SC may have got put out in the 2nd round, but they met up with a very good Pearl Cohn team who was probably one of the best teams in 3a last year, only lost 28-21 to the 3a runner up.

No they won 28-21 in the first Round to East Lit 28-21 and lost to PC in the 2nd round 40-0

Believe what you want. Got two grandkids at Hoover High right now. Can't be in the Upper Cumberland long without knowing what that comment was all about. I do get the Cookeville paper and people from Smith County do live and work outside of "Maynordville". Actually read the post to see what WC had at the scrimmage not to keep up with the illustrious owls.

Don't take to personal "Pigpen" SC has let the monkeys out to start thumping their chest a little early this year! Does kinda seem like dumbluck that a newcomer happen up on this barrel of monkeys!LOL! Sure your not "Pspy" in disguise?

The mighty Owl defense looked as solid as I've ever seen. Don't look too deep into those scores scooter. A coaching staff like ours knows that a scrimmage like this is just for letting our boys get a little taste of full contact. This wasn't about opening up our playbook for the world to see. I can guarantee you things went exactly as the Big Man intended them to. Now Whites Creek on the other hand probably threw out a little bit of everything they had, just to meet the brick wall that was The Owl Defense. LMBO. Us fans just have to be patient a little bit longer, then everyone in the district will be pleading, PLEASE HOLD THE MAYNORDAISE, but we'll just keep piling it on. LMBO NOW SOMEBODY PASS THE MAYNORDAISE!!!!

The Goat sez: Ten bucks sez you didn't even go to the scrimmage! :lol:

Welcome back Smith County faithful. Hope you enjoy my present I sent you in Men's Basketball. Seriously, your BB program is about to GET A LOT BETTER! Hope all is well in SC.

However, let's start with the Bama homer. One, you may indeed be from Bama, which would explain your sorry attitude, your know-it-all boasting of the game, and the sense of arrogance and confidence about football in Tennessee. Nobody on this thread, nor on these boards, is impressed that you came from, have grandkids in, or even watch Hoover football. Congratulations though if that is your claim to fame. I, alike others, find it hard to believe that you would jump on a board to bash Smith County as your first CoachT move from Alabama. I've been wrong before, but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it's usually a duck.

Smith County should be pretty good here in 2011. I hope my alma mater is as well. I hope they leave you scratching your heads this year. However, I have hoped that for a while now. But, I will take defense to the SC people, because they are passionate about what goes on with their athletics. I would say that if they were around a major city, (please don't say they are near Nashville) that they would get a lot more publicity and athletes, like a Hoover and Alcoa. But, we take what we get in the UC, nothing more. We don't pride ourselves on our fancy ESPN Specials or our D1 players, but rather hard work, blood and guts, and always leaving it all out on the field.

I think even a big fat elephant can understand that. Welcome to CoachT.

Looking forward to watching SC this year - my grandson's senior year. Will be my first year 15+ years to not see a CPA game (unless they go farther in the playoffs than SC). They even have the same bye week. But that's OK. Gotta see the grandson play. Blood is thicker than water.

I believe SC will have a great year. It always helps to have an experienced QB, lots of depth, and good coaching.

There will be a whole contingent of our family at each game. Should be some fun Fridays, just don't look forward to the long drives.

Go, Owls!

Question: Who was the big kid who played some fullback at the end of the season last year, and what position is he scheduled to play this year?

Hmmmm... It may be true that people in your typically weak district will be asking you to hold the "maynordaise". The question is, when it comes playoff time, will your team again be playing "Ketchup" because they can't quite "Cut the Mustard" with the big dogs? The Owls always seem to dominate during the season and go home early in the post-season. They've got a long way to go to be bragging like they are Alcoa or something.

Just retired to Cumberland County last fall from a little place outside of Birmingham called Hoover - not sure if you would have heard of it. No need for me to brag about my team here because I don't have one. Word from some people I was around here and on these boards was that Smith County had the best team money could buy in this area - 90 players strong, so I went to a game to check it out. Not bad, but not on the level as the team where I am from. I checked the play-off brackets and only see them going beyond the second round of what everyone says is a diluted play-off system once in the last five years. Better than some, but certainly not enough to warrant the type of arrogance that goes along with the "Maynordaise" comment. Also went and watched Alcoa. Now that is the real deal. When you're that good,you don't need to brag about how good you are, the gold balls speak for themselves.

Let's see now, just retired to Cumberland County from Alabama but thinks he knows how Smith County's football season goes every year. Seems to me like you've been watching The Owls a lot longer than you let on. LMBO. If you were truely affiliated with a national program like Hoover you wouldn't even feel the need to address "Little Old Smith County." And then you have to bring up the premier team in our state (that wasn't premier until they hired one of the Owls own. LMBO) to try and belittle our great program.

I am 100% positive that you are just one of the many fans thats team gets beat annually by Maynord's Owls and you just had to fabricate your whole life to see what it felt like to be one up on Jimmy Maynord and Smith County for the first time. Pretty Pathetic, son. LMBO NOW PASS THE MAYNORDAISE!

Edited by maynordaisesammich

The Goat sez: Ten bucks sez you didn't even go to the scrimmage! :lol:

Mancoverage, I've seen enough of you and your Goat on here to know you don't even talk Football. You just troll around these boards looking to antagonize, belittle folks opinions, and start arguments. I however am too old and too seasoned to be pulled into any of your ploys. Unless you or your Goat have something meaningful to say regarding the Game of Football I probably won't be addressing you again.

But in all fairness I will say on the rarest of occasions you have produced a laugh or two. LMBO

Edited by maynordaisesammich