Farragut @ Oak Ridge

tnchad1980

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?!

• Oak Ridge
    • Farragut

The offensive play calling takes at least 2 TD's away per game. Surprises me that the coaches don't see this. Final scores should have been: FHS 21 BD 14 & FHS 38 OR 21 (FG to TD)

We (OR) had swiss cheese D. Poor tackling.... I wish we had a passer in the wings.. We looked really bad. BTW If I was the head coach number 10 would be running the Hill at Blankenship... He would be too sore to gangsta walk from sitting on the

bench.

Zulliger is a tough kid and an excellent player.

Farragut Offensive line was outstanding. Having Doucette back at center made a huge impact. I saw a tremendous improvement in line play from DB game.

Farragut's offensive play calling continues to (1) put the offense in less than favorable situations and (2) contribute to the defense spending too much time on the field. Multiple scoring opportunities were squandered due to unnecessary first down pass incompletions which put the offense in bad down in distance. There is no need to be "balanced" when an opponent has demonstrated NO ABILITY WHATSOEVER to stop even a base zone play. For example:

1. After moving the length of the field on the ground just prior to halftime, why call an out route on first down in the red zone? Not only did the incompletion stop the clock, but it put Farragut in bad down and distance unnecessarily. Run the football! Not only is it likely that Farragut scores, but Oak Ridge is left with no time on the clock for an additional possession. Poor play calling. Poor clock management.

2. With the score close, why call three minimally successful delayed screens when you are gaining 5+ yards per carry running the zone read?

3. After Rule scored from the empty-set (virtually untouched) from 12 yards out, which was subsequently called back on a motion penalty, why throw consecutive out routes? The kid just scored untouched a couple of plays before running through the 1 hole! Farragut ended up settling for a field goal. Run the football!

I hate to complain because I know it was a win. It is just frustrating because these types of things can easily turn wins into losses. For a while it looked like Farragut was going to, once again, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I don’t understand why Farragut coaches insist on fixing what isn’t broken.

Former 44 - Please consider another viewpoint. The so called "Poor play calling" was not as awful as you suggest. We rang up nearly 500 yards total offense with a small number of play options. To surpise the defense is very difficult with lack of passing game right now. I agree with you on Doucette's return and getting lineman back into position. Don't recall any lost yardage, well except for the bogus phantom Blankenship flag! So tired of these <_<:roflol:

The hardest and most difficult coaching call was to 'Rest' Johnson in 4th quarter. As evidenced by Johnson's, Rule's and Fain's production, the Admirals dominated the line of scrimmage. It really was the only logical decision; so it had to be done the right way without damaging Johnson. He is such a gifted athlete with his vision, unmatched cuts and abilty to play both ways. But, you cannot survive the fumbles he has made early this season. The 200 yards he gained is countered by the multiple fumbles, poor technique and inability to secure the ball. ( Sorry Jacob ) Our cans were saved by whoever recovered that fumbled kickoff return! The staff had to sit him at that point to ensure ball security. Admirals never slowed down in gaining the winning score. It was great to see them get Johnson back in for the game clinching drive. Another good call, and cudos to Jacob for remaining positve!

The improvement in 1 week was excellent. If we can continue like this and stay healthy; we could surprise a certain somebody to our south. To achieve this goal we must: Perfect a clock devouring offense that dominates TOP! Be much more physical and aggressive on defense!! Take care of the ball!!! No way am I dissing defending district champs. But their last two losses were to a more physical team in Alcoa, and a faster team in White Station.

It was great to see John 'Big Boot' King back.

One at time Adnation.

We better not get over confident. This Farragut team is good, plenty good enough to beat us. If they don't have the critical turnovers against DB, I think they would have beaten a very good DB team last week. I also know that in their scrimmage with AE they moved the ball up and down the field easily. And AE has one of the better defenses in the area, they are loaded with big, strong, fast and experienced defenders. Farragut is very good at the zone read stuff. We will have to play very well to beat them.

I know our coaches are aware of how good these guys are and I hope they can get the kids to believe that. I think the teams are pretty evenly matched and it will be a very close game. Fewest turnovers wins this one.

Good call ORK!

I agree with this statement. Courtney is a great man, but not a really good coach in my opinion. 2009 Farragut shoulda been in the state title game, just the facts. Were blowing out Maryville in the playoffs AT HOME, and let them come all the way back and beat them. I was there, cant believe to this day Maryville won that game.

That doggone second half gets in the way of a lot of teams. You ought to post on a Henry County thread, there are some experts over there on mythical state championships.

I am not a farragut fan as you can see by my helmet logo guy. I don't care who wins that game, why are you asking me?

You opined Farragut "shoulda" been in that '09 championship game. I figured you had the fantasy playoff figured out.

I think the teams that "shoulda" been in the title game were in the title game. You win on the field, after four quarters, and it shows no respect to the winning teams to imply they don't deserve to win.