Gallatin suspends 12 players due to altercation in scrimmage

runninblind

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tre Haynes (#55) is not the one that caused Coach Williams (Smyrna) to get hit. The young man that caused it hit a Smyrna player and his helmet flew off hitting Coach Williams in the jaw. He has since been kicked off the team. There are several key players included in the suspensions, including #55, but they were all not given the same punishments. It's not yet clear who got what suspensions. I'll try to get it all cleared up at the Jamboree tonight. Still haven't heard anything on the Smyrna end, which leads me to believe nothing was done. Maybe I'm being pessimistic about that, but maybe one of the Smyrna folks could let us know about that.

Tre Haynes (#55) is not the one that caused Coach Williams (Smyrna) to get hit. The young man that caused it hit a Smyrna player and his helmet flew off hitting Coach Williams in the jaw. He has since been kicked off the team. There are several key players included in the suspensions, including #55, but they were all not given the same punishments. It's not yet clear who got what suspensions. I'll try to get it all cleared up at the Jamboree tonight. Still haven't heard anything on the Smyrna end, which leads me to believe nothing was done. Maybe I'm being pessimistic about that, but maybe one of the Smyrna folks could let us know about that.

55 and the other one are all that should have been addressed on this. before they came in they were well on the way of seperating the two teams. from the time the kid got thrown down which drew the flag till 55 came charging into the pile it was 16-18 seconds. still can not figure out why 10 other kids have to be suspended for any length of time. like i said before way to harsh.

2 Smyrna Players suspended (For 1 Quarter)

55 and the other one are all that should have been addressed on this. before they came in they were well on the way of seperating the two teams. from the time the kid got thrown down which drew the flag till 55 came charging into the pile it was 16-18 seconds. still can not figure out why 10 other kids have to be suspended for any length of time. like i said before way to harsh.

Maybe it is too harsh, but a message HAS to be sent that actions such as this WILL NOT be tolerated. This is the 2nd straight year a fight has broken out bewteen these two teams. Maybe its time for both of them to go in another direction for the pre-season

Maybe it is too harsh, but a message HAS to be sent that actions such as this WILL NOT be tolerated. This is the 2nd straight year a fight has broken out bewteen these two teams. Maybe its time for both of them to go in another direction for the pre-season

Wow. I wasn't there and didn't see it, but this is very different from school to school as far as punishment goes. If the TSSAA doesn't hand down any punishment on these scrimmage situations, why do they need to be informed?