Franklin vs. Siegel

callofdooty

The answer is logical? How is picking a team that struggles to make the playoffs every year over a team that has made the playoffs the past 10 years along with 2 state title games a logical pick? Franklin has been playing poorly in scrimmages, but they have been missing nearly 10 players due to injury, including 2 of there best defensive players. Most of the injured players return this week, look for Franklin to win this game by 2 scores.

That's the past?... Not sure how that can be argued. Siegel is a 7-3, 8-2 school in ANY other district in Tennessee, and any of my 7-AAA friends can assure you that. Siegel has also been plagued with the injury bug as well. 2 Starting O-Linemen, 1 Starting D-Linemen, and a starting WR/DB in our Jamboree vs the favorite in your division, Brentwood. We still beat Brentwood 12-7, and we should have won that game 27-7, if it wasn't for penalties. Don't worry, you'll find out what RuCo is about this week.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the past?... Not sure how that can be argued. Siegel is a 7-3, 8-2 school in ANY other district in Tennessee, and any of my 7-AAA friends can assure you that. Siegel has also been plagued with the injury bug as well. 2 Starting O-Linemen, 1 Starting D-Linemen, and a starting WR/DB in our Jamboree vs the favorite in your division, Brentwood. We still beat Brentwood 12-7, and we should have won that game 27-7, if it wasn't for penalties. Don't worry, you'll find out what RuCo is about this week.

I believe you can at least look at last year from Franklin's standpoint, as they return many starters from a team that upset one of the top teams (Oakland) from your "RuCo" district on the road in the playoffs. If I do remember correctly, that was the same team that defeated Siegel 36-0 earlier in the year. Also Siegel lost to an atrocious Independence team last year that hasn't scored on Franklin in 3 years. And as for Brentwood, many outside of the district see them as the top team because of their tradition, but those inside the district will tell you this is a weaker Brentwood this year as they lost a ton of talent to graduation last year. Should be a good game though!

I believe you can at least look at last year from Franklin's standpoint, as they return many starters from a team that upset one of the top teams (Oakland) from your "RuCo" district on the road in the playoffs. If I do remember correctly, that was the same team that defeated Siegel 36-0 earlier in the year. Also Siegel lost to an atrocious Independence team last year that hasn't scored on Franklin in 3 years. And as for Brentwood, many outside of the district see them as the top team because of their tradition, but those inside the district will tell you this is a weaker Brentwood this year as they lost a ton of talent to graduation last year. Should be a good game though!

I believe that you return those players and can be good. But watching Franklin this spring and fall, I haven't seen anything to convince me you all are going to be good. Yeah you beat Oakland, and yes we did lose 36-0 to them. But, anyone will tell you after Oakland lost their first game, they hung it up last year. Oakland had their best game vs us, because we hate each other. But, didn't you all go to Blackman and get beat 42-0 or 42-7? Something like that. We barely lost to Blackman 21-9, and it should have been closer. Independence has our number, beating us in every close game we've played. We'll rock them this year. And Brentwood must be pretty good, being ranked #6 in the state.... but yes I agree, it will be a fun game. Good luck!

Should be a close game, if Kuivinen gets into a groove with his receivers, it may be tough for siegel in this one...also,I'm kind of embarassed to say this here, but I'm looking forward to halftime almost as much as the game. Two of the top bands in the state last year. Should be one of the more entertaining halftimes all season long. Definitely worth watching this week.

I hope we have a district 7 pickem this year.

Siegel is due, actually overdue, to take that giant step forward. They have a traditional power at home to start the season and can really make a statement.

I think Siegel gets in done: Siegel 20, Franklin 14

Yes! A pick'em would be fun. We should set one up.

And, yes, it's about time the Stars take a leap forward and start competing for district titles. No reason for us anymore, we've had 8 years to withstand growing pains, and we need to start whipping some out of district opponents like Oakland, Riverdale, Smyrna, etc. I think we'll do it this year.

Yes, Siegel is my team. But, the answer is logical in this. Franklin has been embarrassed this fall in their scrimmages, and Siegel has been very competitive. If anyone doubts me that Siegel will compete for a playoff spot this year, then come out August 19th. Siegel by 10.

embarrassed? We will be there on August 19th and we will see.

Franklin 20 Siegal 7

We are getting our defense guys back this week and the rebels will be ready.

This game has as many questions as answers. Has or can Franklin address the team speed issues. Is Siegel turning the corner or just approaching another corner. I like what I have seen and heard about the new coaching staff at Siegel. Five Days away, time to find out whom will step forward and whom will shrink back.

I like Siegal in a close one early pulling away late. :popcorneater:

embarrassed? We will be there on August 19th and we will see.

Franklin 20 Siegal 7

We are getting our defense guys back this week and the rebels will be ready.

nice to see another rebel fan! I agree with you big time. I do not see the rebels not being ready. Coach Clayton will have the boys ready and ready for a FIGHT! I guess I will go ahead and predict a score.

FHS 28 Siegal 8

I really see the rebel defense getting after the Siegal offense. Coach Clayton has been getting the boys ready and working to make the offense better by game time. That is called coaching. Do you not think that in the scrimmages that maybe we were working on some things and not worried about the score???? Give me a break!!!!!

Go REBELS. I will be there and I will be loud.

nice to see another rebel fan! I agree with you big time. I do not see the rebels not being ready. Coach Clayton will have the boys ready and ready for a FIGHT! I guess I will go ahead and predict a score.

FHS 28 Siegal 8

I really see the rebel defense getting after the Siegal offense. Coach Clayton has been getting the boys ready and working to make the offense better by game time. That is called coaching. Do you not think that in the scrimmages that maybe we were working on some things and not worried about the score???? Give me a break!!!!!

Go REBELS. I will be there and I will be loud.

You can't be serious. 20 point win? There's no way. I'll be surprised If Kuivienian doesn't get his head knocked off. Your OLine is AVERAGE at best. He better be ready to take some hits, because we're fast on defense.