Warren county football

pioneersfan

Well, it is obvious that after last season's dismal results and the start of this season that Warren County has once again hired another coach that is incapable of getting the results out of its athletes. The kids do great in Middle School but when they get to the High School the coaches there do not have the knowledge or the skills to develop the kids to the next level. Looks like a long season from the schedule. Maybe one day Warren County can finally find a coach that can come in turn them into the power house they are capable of becoming.

whitey has always been a hater!!

Since, some people cannot handle criticism without sticking a label on those they disagree with in an attempt to dismiss their observations or to denegrate them personally: A look a labels:

"Hater" - No. "Financial contributer" - Yes. "Supporter" - Yes. "Attendee" - Yes. "Disappointed" - Yes. "Disgusted" - Yes. But "Hater" - certainly not. Oh, "Biting Sarcasm" - Yes. You can also add things like "a sense of pity" for what could be a potentially great program in not just football but every sport but sadly is not year in and year out. Why?????

I will second every bit of that!!! It is sad. I am so confused as to why it has to be this way. Was hoping it was just a lot of negative under current last year but when I sat with a new crowd Friday night and the general talk was this is the same thing as last year--DO SOMETHING new my heart sank for the boys.

Since, some people cannot handle criticism without sticking a label on those they disagree with in an attempt to dismiss their observations or to denegrate them personally: A look a labels:

"Hater" - No. "Financial contributer" - Yes. "Supporter" - Yes. "Attendee" - Yes. "Disappointed" - Yes. "Disgusted" - Yes. But "Hater" - certainly not. Oh, "Biting Sarcasm" - Yes. You can also add things like "a sense of pity" for what could be a potentially great program in not just football but every sport but sadly is not year in and year out. Why?????

I will second every bit of that!!! It is sad. I am so confused as to why it has to be this way. Was hoping it was just a lot of negative under current last year but when I sat with a new crowd Friday night and the general talk was this is the same thing as last year--DO SOMETHING new my heart sank for the boys.

I think both of you are ignorant of the real situation with the WCHS football program. This is essentially Coach Johnson's first year, because you can throw last year out. When the former coach quit there was no offseason program going for at least 3 months and everyone knows that is when teams are made. It takes awhile to go from the split back veer to the spread offense too. It wasn't the coaching staff that started talking state championships right off the bat, this staff knows what they are doing and with what Coach Cotten is doing at the middle school give them a little time and you will be surprised. The program didn't get as bad as it was overnight and it won't get fixed overnight either. We are a young team with only 11 seniors and of those 11 only about 3 have any real experience, so why bash a program that is on the way up. The people of Warren County need to realize that there is no more give the ball to Jeff 60 times a game, those days are over.

Blaming the coach is easy and a mistake. Blaming the kids is insane.

Support the coach. Give him what he needs to develop the team.

Keep the young players on the team, and the team will keep getting better.

Tear this coach, his staff, and team apart, and think about what you will get.

People who complain have run off every coach in the past 10 years. Where did that get you?

Coach Johnson is a good coach. Give him time to develop the team.

Blaming the coach is easy and a mistake. Blaming the kids is insane.

Support the coach. Give him what he needs to develop the team.

Keep the young players on the team, and the team will keep getting better.

Tear this coach, his staff, and team apart, and think about what you will get.

People who complain have run off every coach in the past 10 years. Where did that get you?

Coach Johnson is a good coach. Give him time to develop the team.

Good and to the point. Thank you. My sentiments exactly. When I mentioned "biting sarcasm" earlier, I was referring to my comments where I was "blaming the coach." I really don't blame the coach and was saying what I did sarcasticly as I knew those thoughts and criticisms would be forth coming. I have had very little chance to see this coach in practice but was impressed with what little I saw. Bear in mind, I have seen very little but know enough most of the time be able to sum of a situation with coaches fairly quickly. I hope he and his staff will be given the time and support to be a success. Believe me, my comments earlier about getting rid of the coach were not genuine but were sarcastic.