Warren county football

pioneersfan

Watch out, McCobb. You are liable to be labeled a "hater" for such comments. LOL

That's OK, i have been called worse. I am old enough to remember when WC could compete against Riverdale, Oakland, Cookeville, etc. I know things are different now, but how could it be so bad that we cant even finish a scrimmage against Riverdale for fear that it would decimate our roster due to injuries? It's not like Riverdale is a school of 5,000 kids to pull from. The enrollments are similar. How could there be that great a difference between 11 kids from WC facing 11 kids that grew up 50 miles down the road?

I know it is a combination of factors, but it seems we have this same discussion every year.

That's OK, i have been called worse. I am old enough to remember when WC could compete against Riverdale, Oakland, Cookeville, etc. I know things are different now, but how could it be so bad that we cant even finish a scrimmage against Riverdale for fear that it would decimate our roster due to injuries? It's not like Riverdale is a school of 5,000 kids to pull from. The enrollments are similar. How could there be that great a difference between 11 kids from WC facing 11 kids that grew up 50 miles down the road?

I know it is a combination of factors, but it seems we have this same discussion every year.

McCobb has hit nail on head. The discussion stays the same. The answers are all too familar. How many times over the past decade have you heard the middle school and high school are now on same page. As far as principals are concerned how can anyone say what the actions will be of those two gentlemen. They have been in charge of their respected school for less than a month. Our new middle school principal did more damage than any other headcoach in the history of the program. Yes Mr. Gerald Tidwell is the new principal the same Gerald Tidwell that threw a helmet and hit a player in his first game coaching. How he becomes a principal in the same system is beyond me, but that is a discussion for another day.

Administration change, coaches change, players change, booster club change, corporate sponsors step up with money etc., but one thing stays the same. Warren County hasnt changed. The school system is outdated and that in turn effects the sports program. New buildings are nice, but the model is broken. Warren County is being passed daily by other communities around us. We grew stagnant and complacent. This happened years ago and as a community we havent been able to reverse the trend. Boys athletics in general are poor at HS level. Nobody moves to our community. Athletes move out with parents. Very few athletes move in. This system is broken. Not just in football, but in many areas. WC is like many other small towns that have seen their prime. We didnt see need for change and now IMO it is too late. Our sports programs suffer because of this.

You microvision people keep believing that the middle school high school work together philosphy plus lifting weights summer program vision is the key. This just in lifting weights and conditioning are not new ideas. These things have been here way before these players got here. Coaches have worked together before. That isnt a new concept. Some of us macrovision people know this goes deeper than just a few people at top. WC football program is a microcosm of Warren County in general. Lost in time and stuck in the mud.

alot of hate up in here.....it doesn't seem to me if you split our athletes we would instantly become a better team.MS staff has built a very special program(glad to say i was a part of it). In MS you can play a undersized yet athletic guy at Oline and get away with it ,not so much at HS.A very fast skill player can dominate the game almost single handedly but that's harder to do in HS.Yes you do have some fall off,I know the last 3 years one of the main leaders from each team doesn't play anymore for whatever reason.the next few years is very bright at WC I have seen alot of good talent and as long as we can keep them playing the program should start winning.

These Juniors ,Sophomores Freshman really have a Hard work type mentality It will pay off in the weight room and on the field in the next couple years.

yes my son is #11 and I am extremely proud of him and all the Pioneers that take the field,I have seen them work ,sweat, bleed, break down ,get yelled at ,all for the love of Pioneer football.

one more thing ...If you guys dont think they read this well...they do

alot of hate up in here.....it doesn't seem to me if you split our athletes we would instantly become a better team.MS staff has built a very special program(glad to say i was a part of it). In MS you can play a undersized yet athletic guy at Oline and get away with it ,not so much at HS.A very fast skill player can dominate the game almost single handedly but that's harder to do in HS.Yes you do have some fall off,I know the last 3 years one of the main leaders from each team doesn't play anymore for whatever reason.the next few years is very bright at WC I have seen alot of good talent and as long as we can keep them playing the program should start winning.

These Juniors ,Sophomores Freshman really have a Hard work type mentality It will pay off in the weight room and on the field in the next couple years.

yes my son is #11 and I am extremely proud of him and all the Pioneers that take the field,I have seen them work ,sweat, bleed, break down ,get yelled at ,all for the love of Pioneer football.

one more thing ...If you guys dont think they read this well...they do

Not a lot of hate...Just frustration. We lose the opener to DeKalb a school with less than half the enrollment of WC, we get blanked in the second game with mercy rule enacted during second half. I have been hearing for years that things will turn around as soon as a group of middle school kids get to the HS level. When will that happen? It seems we have devolved yet again, this is the second year of this coaching staff, shouldn't we see some improvement?

Not a lot of hate...Just frustration. We lose the opener to DeKalb a school with less than half the enrollment of WC, we get blanked in the second game with mercy rule enacted during second half. I have been hearing for years that things will turn around as soon as a group of middle school kids get to the HS level. When will that happen? It seems we have devolved yet again, this is the second year of this coaching staff, shouldn't we see some improvement?

Once again McCobb has hit one out of park. I have read this thread twice. I cant see all the HATE that you talk about Smashmouth. I read people having opinions. I see people saying same old tired lines. We have heard this before. That isnt hateful. That is factual. People just dont like facts. Facts dont equal hate. Facts equal truth. Truth is the rebuilding has been going on for almost 2 decades. Truth is many coaches have come and gone. Some have left to go onto bigger and brighter things in coaching ranks. Truth is fan support is there to be successful as it has been for every rebuilding year. Fact is MS program has been very successfull with Coach Cotten. Truth is MS program was successful before Coach Cottern. Fact is the new upcoming JV kids really struggled last night against Oakland. Fact is Oakland JV squad looks better than our Varsity team. Fact is the district WC plays in now can be classified as one of the weakest in the state. Truth is most people believed when this district changed happened it would lead to more wins. Truths is that hasnt happened. These are facts. This is the truth. Hard to be disputed. Good Luck as Pioneers move forward. Just hope forward means the adults that oversee the whole deal will realize change is needed inside the county as a whole not just one man or one staff.

What towns and communities around here are passing us by? Small towns all over are dying, HS football EVERYWHERE is political, and most everybody is facing the same challenges we are. To go on about how we aren't keeping up with the Joneses sounds good, but it's a straw man argument at best, unless we start defining who is leaving us behind.

Hey, at least the women's fotebol (soccer) team is doing good. They are 3 and 0 having defeated Ooeltewah, Cookeville, and Coffee County tonight 2 to 0. Maybe we can get one of the girl soccer players to kick extra points like the girl that used to kick for Kenwood's football team.

We need a kicker in the worst way!!!! What ever happened to the soccer guys coming over and kicking for the football team? I know one of them has to be able to kick off past the 30yd line and I bet half of those girls could beat what we have. :roflol:

There you go. Since Coach Willmore used to be an assistant coach on the football team then surely he would let one of the girls kick for the football team on Friday nights since the girl's soccer team plays their games on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Shoot, I'll bet he would even let a couple of them come out to run back kickoffs and punts. LOL

Edited by Whitey

I think we should just shut athletics down and focus our money on the arts(band)!

I think the the local paper should quit hiring people that were in the band and never played sports as sports writers. Where would the band play if they didn't have a football game on Friday nights. The only ones that would show up would be parents and ex band members.

• Upvote 1