Warren county football

pioneersfan

And I guarantee you there were no moore counties on newby's schedule

No there was no Moore County on any of the schedules Newby coached. But did you realize that the person you so idolize actually QUIT on his team in the middle of the 1985 season and Bennett and Haile had to take over as co head coaches. Now I don't know the reasons but I do know you don't give up in the middle of the season.

that seems to be a part of the legend no body wants to talk about.

Everyone's gonna have a different opinion on here, I for one didn't play in the Old days ,I had coach newby as a freshman coach and I Really enjoyed him and Upton.I respect what Coach Paz and Newby Done for WC football,but it is a new age and you cant compare the teams.

On the other hand to whoever says we aren't strong enough to run smash mouth Fb Ill have to disagree ,If you get a hat on a hat anything is possible.

I just want whats the best for the program and the Kids involved in the program,there are some really good LINEMAN RUNNING BACKS QBs LINEBACKERS DBs coming through the system that could use all the help we can give.

we need more assistant coaches I don't know how that needs to happen but we need them.We need a kicking coach,Running back coach,O line Coach, D line and A Special teams coach.Thats 5 with the 4 we have now would help tremendously.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I realize Moore County is a 1A school, and I also know that school classifications are based on the number of students in the school, not on it's football program. Yes, this is Coach Johnson's second year and the team went from having one player bench pressing over 225lbs to 6 or 7, which is an improvement. Yes, Coach Newby had only 3 assistants, but could he win now with only 3 assistants and without just having to hand the ball to 43 about 60 times a game. I'm not knocking Coach Newby but the things that won 25-30 years ago won't cut it today. It's ok to remember the past, but that was Warren County Senior High and in 2011 it's Warren County High School

I have to disagree, the things that worked 25-30 years ago, CAN ABSOLUTELY WORK NOW !!! Football, the last time I watched it, was still a game of blocking and tackling and throwing the football, but, getting a team to play discipline football, on both sides of the ball is crucial. The BIG DIFFERENCE, I see, is there were more top-tier atheletes interested in playing football 25-35 years ago, than there are now. Also, when is the last time you drove around Warren County and seen any kids playing neighborhood football outside ?? when I grew up, Westood, Wet-Riverside, Leesburg, Civic Center area, and all across Warren County were playing. Of course, we didn't have cell-phones or play-stations to occupy our thoughts, But, with that said, why do the other surrounding counties around us, have at least marginal,competative success ???

This coaching staff has proven it cannot relate and coach at the high school level. It had a talented senior class last year and went 3-7 and looks like an 0-10 this year. All you hear the coaches say is how bad the program was when they got here but I think the record shows that we were winning at least 5 games a year before they took over. I guess the high priced coaches are not what they thought they were. Its time for this experiment to end and hire some quality high school coaches.

Termite I can assure you Smith Co wasn't added to get a easy win ..Most people know Smith County runs a top notch program..and as for Moore County , we have had a standing scrimmage with them for about 3 or 4 years now so i guess it was time to strap it up for real.I'm Pretty sure there is a WC alumni Coaching there , that's how it all started....

the kids are workin hard ...everyone knows we are really young ....they are making tons of mistakes....Stay behind the boys and lets hope it pays off.

NO! Pioneer fans are actually looking forward to the last 5 games thinking we have a shot at going 4-1. The team is getting better each week.

Maybe you need to just worry about basketball and leave football alone!

Class 1a Moore Co.31 6a Warren County 27 , one win Coffee County 49 Warren Co. 6 ??? the worse loss in warren County history to coffee County ( I'M Guessing ??), but you are 100% correct, the SWAMI will now concentrate on basketball, I know when I am wrong !!!!

Class 1a Moore Co.31 6a Warren County 27 , one win Coffee County 49 Warren Co. 6 ??? the worse loss in warren County history to coffee County ( I'M Guessing ??), but you are 100% correct, the SWAMI will now concentrate on basketball, I know when I am wrong !!!!

But wait, there is White County and Soddy Daisy on the schedule! Should be two sure wins!