Smith Co. travels to Gordonsville

croz6110

Judging from the final score, the coaches decision wasn't all that bad. He got the "W". 3 pts

or 1 pt gets the same. Not sure how much of a "statement" you could make with no score at

the end of regulation. Both teams played a heck of a game. Congrats to both.

Enough of the name calling & coach bashing. Clean it up or the topic will be closed.

Tks, Mod.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Grunt...you're getting soft....no reason to close this thread....this is MILD!!!...How ya been???

• Upvote 1

There is a reason that keeps me hating Carthage so much and his name is John Woods... I honestly do not see how this man gets by with the things he says, I don't care if it is his radio station... He talks down about Carthage kids and coaches when there not doing good during the game, as a parent I would be enraged about that... Then Friday night his remarks he was leaving... Well the crowd tonight isn't much, I've seen more people here before... I don't know why we still play this school, we should drop them from our schedule... The only reason we still play them is so they can get the gate money and so they can have a chance for bragging rights for a year... Carthage has tried to drop us but we didn't agree to it, The Game means alot to the whole county regardless of what anyone says, its only one of the biggest rivalries in the whole state... As for John Woods , this guy is a joke and he is so bad at his job that you can't even listen to a game unless you like him degrading your kids and coaches...

Guest Termite

There is a reason that keeps me hating Carthage so much and his name is John Woods... I honestly do not see how this man gets by with the things he says, I don't care if it is his radio station... He talks down about Carthage kids and coaches when there not doing good during the game, as a parent I would be enraged about that... Then Friday night his remarks he was leaving... Well the crowd tonight isn't much, I've seen more people here before... I don't know why we still play this school, we should drop them from our schedule... The only reason we still play them is so they can get the gate money and so they can have a chance for bragging rights for a year... Carthage has tried toward drop us but we didn't agree to it, The Game means alot to the whole county regardless of what anyone says, its only one of the biggest rivalries in the whole state... As for John Woods , this guy is a joke and he is so bad at his job that you can't even listen to a game unless you like him degrading your kids and coaches...

Try twisting one of the dials, or pushing another button. The radio will turn off, turn the volume down or change the station. That way maybe you will stop "hating Carthage ".

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Grunt...you're getting soft....no reason to close this thread....this is MILD!!!...How ya been???

I was wondering where the heck you were. LOL I'm doing good for the shape I'm in. How are you?

OK, I'll leave the thread up to your good judgement. Likely better than mine.

Take care....

Try twisting one of the dials, or pushing another button. The radio will turn off, turn the volume down or change the station. That way maybe you will stop "hating Carthage ".

I don't listen to him... This is coming from others who try to listen to the game because the AM channel is horrible... Don't like Carthage point blank, its a rivalry but times have changed and its not like it use to be... The kids now are friends, you use to even associate with them cause it was like you were betraying your school... But if Carthage parents and fans are fine with Mr. Woods degrading your team, the kids on the team and the coaches... then something is wrong

There was a hold call on the dropped pass that I remember so it wouldn't have mattered. The same team showed up that played Week 0, they just got roughed up alot more this friday. Regardless of decisions to kick or go for it or what not, football is still about blocking and tackling. At least the Owls tackled pretty good.

If you like defensive football games then friday night was awesome. Maybe SC fans expected a large margin of victory but the last two trips to TigerTown is the EXACT reason this game is still played. Its all about the kids and all of these kids left it all on the field.

Guest Termite

I don't listen to him... This is coming from others who try to listen to the game because the AM channel is horrible... Don't like Carthage point blank, its a rivalry but times have changed and its not like it use to be... The kids now are friends, you use to even associate with them cause it was like you were betraying your school... But if Carthage parents and fans are fine with Mr. Woods degrading your team, the kids on the team and the coaches... then something is wrong

I don't know how old you are, but I would bet i'm.slightly older LOL. Even back in the day, it was pretty much the same as it is.now. I ran around with a few G-ville boys and few G-ville girls too. Don't like Carthage? That's OK.I don't think anybody over here will loose any sleep over that. We wont invite you over anymore. As far as John Woods, it's hard for a lot of people to listen too and it's hard for me to listen to the G-ville guys. Way too much excitement over a 2 yard gain.

I don't know how old you are, but I would bet i'm.slightly older LOL. Even back in the day, it was pretty much the same as it is.now. I ran around with a few G-ville boys and few G-ville girls too. Don't like Carthage? That's OK.I don't think anybody over here will loose any sleep over that. We wont invite you over anymore. As far as John Woods, it's hard for a lot of people to listen too and it's hard for me to listen to the G-ville guys. Way too much excitement over a 2 yard gain.

"They are flipping the coin at midfield and it's heads!!!!"

There was a hold call on the dropped pass that I remember so it wouldn't have mattered. The same team showed up that played Week 0, they just got roughed up alot more this friday. Regardless of decisions to kick or go for it or what not, football is still about blocking and tackling. At least the Owls tackled pretty good.

If you like defensive football games then friday night was awesome. Maybe SC fans expected a large margin of victory but the last two trips to TigerTown is the EXACT reason this game is still played. Its all about the kids and all of these kids left it all on the field.

My thoughts exactly.

Both teams tackled very well.

As far as the announcers for both sides goes, if you don't like to listen to them, go to the game.

I can say that I've only listened to Gville's announcers once, and I didn't have a problem with them.

I've listened to SC's announcers a few times during our off weeks and leaving ballgames. All I'll say about them is I like Scotty Yeaman and Terry Collins and Mike Hassell(not sure if he is still with them).

Guest Termite

As far as the announcers for both sides goes, if you don't like to listen to them, go to the game.

I can say that I've only listened to Gville's announcers once, and I didn't have a problemwith them.

I've listened to SC's announcers a few times during our off weeks and leaving ballgames. All I'll say about them is I like Scotty Yeaman and Terry Collins and Mike Hasselll(not sure if he is still with them).

I like Scotty and Conehead. I liked Mike too, but I don't think he is with them anymore. They have to spend too much time correcting John. Its bad when he can't get the names right, even halfway through the season.

I didn't get to hear the radio broadcast (couldn't have heard it even if I had a radio because of the crowd noise), what did John say to degrade the players?