Trousdale at Macon

BasilDuke

Let's look at your logic, Daisy. Is Maynord so in tune with TC that he knows when they will state? If so why wouldn't they be playing this year? AGAIN, the less you talk, the smarter you look.

Cause he knows we are gonna win state. popcorneater.gif Thats why he didn't schedule us. icon_twisted.gif You'd think even a Termite could figure that one out.

• Upvote 1

I was one of the few last week to pick MC to beat JB, but some of the Tiger fans need to be careful about putting Jo Byrns on the same level as TC. I've talked to some MC fans who feel that way.

However, TC is not Jo Byrns and Macon isn't Warren Central.

This will be a good game, and whoever wins will definitely know they had to fight for it.

I was one of the few last week to pick MC to beat JB, but some of the Tiger fans need to be careful about putting Jo Byrns on the same level as TC. I've talked to some MC fans who feel that way.

However, TC is not Jo Byrns and Macon isn't Warren Central.

This will be a good game, and whoever wins will definitely know they had to fight for it.

JB is not on the same level as TC. I'm pretty sure JB is smaller than TC and I'm sure TC can defend MC's wing-t/double wing offense a lot better. JB has always had trouble defending the wing-t type offense. Regardless of the scheme, MC was just too big and strong for JB and they got pushed around. I just don't see TC getting pushed around like that.

From what I seen out of MC, they've got big strong kids and some good athletes. They don't have tremendous speed but they're not slow either. I thought their offense was solid but didn't seem to be that explosive. I think I was most impressed by MC's defense. In addition to their size and strength they seemed to be well coached and played very disciplined. They're going to be a tough out for any team. I give TC the edge simply because I think they'll play better defense than JB and I'm guessing (haven't seen TC) they'll be a bit more explosive on offense.

all i know is the tennessean sports news,howdoitknow/dacatfish,swanson, and many others said macon would not beat jo burns.the tigers just mite be a little better than some think.if they win this friday look out,some will have to shut up.

I did, however, expect a good game because I knew Macon could score, but I didn't think their defense would hold as well as it did. I've said quite a bit that if Macon had a decent defense to go along with their high powered offense they would easily be a top 10 team in 4a if not better.

Edited by swanson71

This has all the makings of your power vs speed matchup. Macon will get in Pembertons foot-to-foot split power wing T and try to run it down your throat. Occasionally try to hit a pass at the right time. Trousdale will likely load up the line to stop it, hit some big plays, and play great fundamental football. Hate I will miss it but I have Steno and #1jacketfan on speed dial! Best of luck to both teams.

:excl:

I'm new to this, so bare with me...

I'm a relocated Macon alumn so I'm out of the loop on everything locally. I must say I hope the players don't have the big head like some of the fans on here do after beating what seems to be a mediocre Joe Byrns team last week. TC played KYs equivalent to TNs Riverdale last week and got beat...badly. That isn't much to gauge them by. They obviously played a much better team. They are still TC and will be even more motivated coming in to Lafayette after last week's loss. Maybe Pemberton will keep the team focused and level-headed and show up this Friday, execute and come up with a W. It's hard to imagine a Trousdale team start 0-2 but I hope it happens. GOOD LUCK TIGERS!!!

JB is not on the same level as TC. I'm pretty sure JB is smaller than TC and I'm sure TC can defend MC's wing-t/double wing offense a lot better. JB has always had trouble defending the wing-t type offense. Regardless of the scheme, MC was just too big and strong for JB and they got pushed around. I just don't see TC getting pushed around like that.

From what I seen out of MC, they've got big strong kids and some good athletes. They don't have tremendous speed but they're not slow either. I thought their offense was solid but didn't seem to be that explosive. I think I was most impressed by MC's defense. In addition to their size and strength they seemed to be well coached and played very disciplined. They're going to be a tough out for any team. I give TC the edge simply because I think they'll play better defense than JB and I'm guessing (haven't seen TC) they'll be a bit more explosive on offense.

What i heard,you had more troubles besides stopping the wing-t.Your O was terrible,also.T.C should stop the run game,same as last year.The pass is what worries me.TC1

What i heard,you had more troubles besides stopping the wing-t.Your O was terrible,also.T.C should stop the run game,same as last year.The pass is what worries me.TC1

Like I said...regardless of the scheme, MC was just too big and strong for JB and they got pushed around. That goes for both the offense and defense.

MC looked great on defense fri night they manhandled JB in the trenches also.JB was pretty much one dimensional on O with the Traughber kid running. They attempted some big pass plays that were dropped or over thrown for blown scoring opportunities or first down gains.I have saw TC in a couple of scrimmages and at the jamboree they have looked pretty sound. WC from what i,ve been told were a solid program.I look for a great matchup Fri. night Jackets have to put pressure on Grace(QB) no doubt about it the kid is a great athlete and can lay the ball in there,and has great foot work also.MC switches defense bringing blitz and drop back coverage affectivly.Tigers have 2 good backs #6, # 44 both pretty soild.Jackets cannot not afford mistakes or go to sleep on D or they could suffer.I figure after practice(Black Mon.) this week the Jackets will indeed be awake lol.MC has the home turf advantage, but I as always gotta pull for the Purple and Gold GO Jackets right the ship and sink the Tigers. :thumb::roflolk: