Jefferson County @ Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

It was not Colobro that decided to not play Tennessee High. Colobro quit East after one season, and took a job as an assistant at DB in Kingsport. It was the AD at East who stated he wanted to stop playing THS in order to build a better program. (I am thinking you step UP in your competition to build up........but that is just me I guess.)

East chose to not play THS for that reason. THS chose to not play Greeneville for a different reason.

They both have been replaced with Johnson and Jeff Counties for two year contracts, and after that.....who knows?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was not Colobro that decided to not play Tennessee High. Colobro quit East after one season, and took a job as an assistant at DB in Kingsport. It was the AD at East who stated he wanted to stop playing THS in order to build a better program. (I am thinking you step UP in your competition to build up........but that is just me I guess.)

East chose to not play THS for that reason. THS chose to not play Greeneville for a different reason.

They both have been replaced with Johnson and Jeff Counties for two year contracts, and after that.....who knows?

East decided to drop Tennessee High long before Colobro left and long before it was in the papers. There were people discussing it here on CoachT last August. And East most likely dropped THS for the same reason THS dropped Greeneville...any loss in 2010 affected playoff seeding. They dropped THS and Gatlingburg-Pittman and replaced them with Volunteer and Cloudland, possibly winnable games.

A team used to be able to schedule non-conference games and even if you lost all three it wouldn't hurt you in the playoffs because it was based on how you finished in the conference. They've modified it to a certain extent this year, but I don't remember the exact changes.

Warlock, who are some of the other players to watch for from Jeff Co.?

jc fans are not saying much these days. we are cautiously optimistic about this team. all I will say is you will get a better game this week than last. This team is better in everything they do than teams in recent past. The player you are talking about is just 1 of 5 players to watch. he may not even be the best rb on the team. we shall see.

jc fans are not saying much these days. we are cautiously optimistic about this team. all I will say is you will get a better game this week than last. This team is better in everything they do than teams in recent past. The player you are talking about is just 1 of 5 players to watch. he may not even be the best rb on the team. we shall see.

I'd say the Vikings are expecting a much tougher opponent. :thumb:

JEFF COUNTY WINS A CLOSE ONE! 35-28

Great Pic!!!!

Final: JeffCo 38 TNH 24

NO QUIT IN JEFFCO!!!! TNH smacks us in the mouth early in the 3rd, takes the lead and the Patriots pull the Chin-strap tight and work their way back into the game.

Great JOB !!!!!! :thumb:

Now Get Ready for the Smokey Bears and Conference Play

Cowbell, More Cowbell......

Congrats to the Patriots on the win. I really enjoyed watching it from the stands. Both teams will have to work on those unnecessary penalties. I liked how Tennessee responded being after being down 14-0. Good luck to Jeff Co. for the rest of the season. :thumb:

Obviously a better grade of Patriots this year , eh '04? How did they limit the air raid attack of Coach Boggs? Was their D that effective or did the Vikes just not execute?

Obviously a better grade of Patriots this year , eh '04? How did they limit the air raid attack of Coach Boggs? Was their D that effective or did the Vikes just not execute?

Jc is solid at everything they do. They must get better at limiting the penalties. . In week 0 they ran the spread and threw the ball to set up the run. This week we come out in pro style and run the ball. This was the first time that the QB had been under center all fall?? I was impressed with the never die attitude of TH. Jc had them on the ropes several time and could not put them away . I also give jC credit in how they finished after trailing by 3 in the 3rd quarter and fight to win by 14. In deed a different JC team.

As long as it's the Jeff County Patriots, I'll live. :unsure:

I think it was a little of both. Jeff County did a great job of stopping the Viking running game...maybe 80 yards rushing for the Vikes? Tennessee was decent through the air, but they still need to improve a lot. Several receivers were open but were either overthrown or underthrown. Several times it was just taking Tennessee High a little too long to execute and the Pats were able to get after the qb. Penalties hurt Jeff County and Tennessee High. Harder to get first downs when you start out 1st and 20. Jeff County had several offsides penalties. But, this was a pretty close game in the second half and Tennessee fought hard coming back after trailing 14-0 to lead 21-17 at one point. But, man, it seemed every time Tennessee made a big play Jeff County would turn around immediately returning the favor. Exciting game to watch.