Sycamore War Eagles 0-1 @ Cheatham County Cubs 0-1

The Cubs had 4 turnovers and were stopped on down 2 additional times. 2 of their turnovers were deep in their own territory and led to 2 Fairview touchdowns in the first half. The Cubs also had 2 touchdowns taken off of the scoreboard due to holding penalties. Fairview is a great team with 3-4 guys who could easily be "all-state" level players (#19, #10, #21, #20) and against those types of teams you can't shoot yourself in the foot repeatedly.

Overall, they have some major corrections to make from game one to game two. I look for coach Finley and his staff to get those errors fixed and look for the Cubs to execute simple things much better this week. They are going to have to in order to beat a good Sycamore War Eagles bunch :thumb:

I hope to see a large crowd at Mike Jarreau Field on Friday night to watch the 11th installment of this rivalry. The fact that this game was scheduled on the same week as the Cheatham County Fair baffles me and I honestly think that the young men from both teams are having their "moment" stolen from them in a way because their rivalry contest is having support taken away from them due to the fair.

Having seen both teams play, Cheatham is the better team. If they correct their mistakes from week 1 they will win. Cheatham gave Fairview all they wanted. Mitchell Pottsbus a special player and the physical stylevthey play can wear on teams with little depth. Good luck to the Cubs, I know in rivalry games strange things can happen.

We'd like to invite everyone to the Tailgate Party as there will be a "Meet & Greet" at Mike Jarreau Field (this will include lots a food and other activities) at 5:15 PM and lasting until 7:00 PM before this game kicks off at 7:30 PM.

This will be the first time since this rivalry began in 2001 that Gary Halstead will not be coaching at Sycamore High School. Coach Halstead was 2-1 as an assistant coach (offensive coordinator) from 2001-2003 and 4-3 as a head coach from 2004-2010 against the Cheatham County Cubs. He enjoyed good success in this rivalry for sure!

Yeah where you been?

I've been in Cheatham County for the last 22 years but I've never been to the Cheatham County fair. I don't think it's going to stop folks from going to support their high school. The Maury County Fair is right next to Lindsey Nelson Field, home of the Columbia Lions. We went to the game and then to the fair when I was a student there. The Red River rivalry between Texas and Oklahoma is during Texas' state fair most years. Much ado about nothing imo.

This is my first football Friday in the last 4 years that I don't have specific plans. Harpeth is at Hickman County, Sycamore and Cheatham or Columbia at Dickson are my choices. Decisions, decisions.....

Congrats to coach Williams and the War Eagles on a great game last night. They came out and beat the Cubs up from the start and built a 22-0 halftime lead. The Cubs played better in the 2nd half but were unable to see enough opportunities with the football in their hands. Sycamore's ground attack PLUS a major gamble on a 4th & 16 fake punt really did the Cubs in and sent the Powder Keg back to Pleasant View.