Ooltewah-East Hamilton

bipbopzot

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't understand why this game isn't getting alot of press locally.

I know Ooltewah went 4-6 and East went 2-8,but this game has been on the minds of alot of people for 2 or 3 years.there is alot of twists and turns within these neighborhood rivals.

They have played each other in every sport EXCEPT football,this game might end up like a Bradley-cleveland,Maryville-Alcoa etc....anyway should be a very good ball game,last years Ooltewah-Tyner games was one of the greatest games,I ever saw just because of the build up.This game will be so HYPED by both schools this week,it will be ridiculous!!

Brothers against brothers,Owl's coach teaches at East Hamilton,ex-coaches,divorced families were 2 kids play for each school,child hood friends going against each other,should be a very emotional game,hope everyone keeps it in perspective.

This will be a good ballgame, kids have been waiting on it for 2 years. The Canes are still young, only 3 seniors starting, mostly jr's and sophomores. But....they have all the tools they need to put up a WIN this week against Owls. With the new QB comes a dual threat, passing to very good receivers and a running game that will challenge Owls. Both teams will have to have their line step up because that is where it will make a difference. Hope there is some good press this week to help motivate the teams. Canes win this one....

Edited by BEAST27

It will end up being the biggest game in Ooltewah s History with attendance being overwhelming!!!!! I picked EH until i watched them play SM but i m not so sure now, i m gonna have to think on it since all the junk BEAST has been talking aint what it s all cracked it to be!!! I do know there will be some jobs on the line depending on outcome!!!

Edited by 2seamfastball

It will end up being the biggest game in Ooltewah s History with attendance being overwhelming!!!!! I picked EH until i watched them play SM but i m not so sure now, i m gonna have to think on it since all the junk BEAST has been talking aint what it s all cracked it to be!!! I do know there will be some jobs on the line depending on outcome!!!

Here will be the keys to victory in this game. Ooltewah must take advantage of their experienced offensive line and their tall receivers on offense and their defense just needs to play heads up ball. For East Hamilton they must go with the Sophomore QB or they will not have a duel threat offense. The inexperienced line did pretty good last week but that was in part by the Sophomore QB buying extra time with his mobility in order to throw. East Hamilton needs to pass to its junior and sophomore receivers who have the best hands. Defensively we need another big game out of our few seniors on defense and our young secondary needs to wrap up and quit playing dive at feetball. I think both teams will need to bring their mental game and cut out the costly mistakes that can change the outcome of this game. And if EH should win, I really do not think you should put the blame on Coach Williams, he is still trying to rebuild his program after losing so many players to his new rival. I hope to see a game like when EH played Ootlewah in basketball last. Nobody knew who was going to pull it out until the final buzzer. What a historic game that was. Ooltewah came out on top but EH earned alot of respect. Of course this time I am hoping to see East Hamilton come out on top. Go Hurricanes!!!!!!!!!!!

Here will be the keys to victory in this game. Ooltewah must take advantage of their experienced offensive line and their tall receivers on offense and their defense just needs to play heads up ball. For East Hamilton they must go with the Sophomore QB or they will not have a duel threat offense. The inexperienced line did pretty good last week but that was in part by the Sophomore QB buying extra time with his mobility in order to throw. East Hamilton needs to pass to its junior and sophomore receivers who have the best hands. Defensively we need another big game out of our few seniors on defense and our young secondary needs to wrap up and quit playing dive at feetball. I think both teams will need to bring their mental game and cut out the costly mistakes that can change the outcome of this game. And if EH should win, I really do not think you should put the blame on Coach Williams, he is still trying to rebuild his program after losing so many players to his new rival. I hope to see a game like when EH played Ootlewah in basketball last. Nobody knew who was going to pull it out until the final buzzer. What a historic game that was. Ooltewah came out on top but EH earned alot of respect. Of course this time I am hoping to see East Hamilton come out on top. Go Hurricanes!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good analysis. Here is my opinion: Ooltewah scores twice on the ground, once from the air, and one by foot. East Hamilton scores one by ground - maybe adding a field goal. Final score Owls 24 - Canes 7. Will be a great game - can't wait!

Whoever makes the LEAST amount of mistakes will win.East Hamilton will pound and pound the ball with run game,Ooltewah will do the same,whoever can outlast the other will win.both schools have about same amount of players so this game will be very good all the way til the end,I think.Owls win in a close one:13-10 or 17-16?

Canes will run the ball up the middle and around the corners with ease. They will mix it up with passes for short gains and long yardage. Owls can't run up the middle and will be caught around the corners. Owls receivers will be challenged by Cane corners and defensive backfield. It will be a good game but score will be one-sided for Canes. Owls haven't practiced serious for Canes and will be surprised. Canes are in better shape and more physical and better coached. Canes know they have to win this one so they will be ready....

No excuse this year!!! Tired of hearing were young and all that BULL.....one sentence you put Ooltewah s rebuilding because they lost all there athletes to EH and the next your pointing out every kids experience, age and grade...the time has come for the Exit 11 showdown. Other than that i think your right on point with all your other points!! Glad to see a EH fan that actually knows what their looking at on the football field.

No excuse this year!!! Tired of hearing were young and all that BULL.....one sentence you put Ooltewah s rebuilding because they lost all there athletes to EH and the next your pointing out every kids experience, age and grade...the time has come for the Exit 11 showdown. Other than that i think your right on point with all your other points!! Glad to see a EH fan that actually knows what their looking at on the football field.

Sounds like you need a little clarification on my comments, no problem. The reason you all had so few seniors last year is because most of those players came to EH after their sophomore year. The uprising Ooltewah sophomores stayed because they knew they would get playtime from all the departures and they did so they stayed and got early experience on the field at the varsity level. That is also why we have a small senior class this year. Our next two years after this one will be full classes in all age groups and you all should have the same because all the dust will have settled. Ooltewah was a young team last year only having three seniors who played there as a freshman (Goose, Freeman & LaMech). You all will have to excuse BeastyBoy because he has spent to much time drinking the Green Kool-aide and now is on a sugar rush. We did not stop the run up the middle near enough and that is where Signal Mtn. got alot of yards and points. Our linebackers will definitely have to play better against the run up the middle or Ooltewah will control the clock and field position the entire game. It looks to be a great one and it will be interesting to see which coaches make the best adjustments after the half.