Ooltewah-East Hamilton

bipbopzot

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all those who have wanted Gatewood back instead of Coach Williams, I think you see who did better job getting the players prepared. Our guys came out ready and with a game plan. The other was as predictable as he has always been. Run it up the middle and when that does not work, keep doing it and punt. Our defense looked extremely impressive last night and they made no adjustments to stop our rush. Great game Owls, keep it rolling.

For all those who have wanted Gatewood back instead of Coach Williams, I think you see who did better job getting the players prepared. Our guys came out ready and with a game plan. The other was as predictable as he has always been. Run it up the middle and when that does not work, keep doing it and punt. Our defense looked extremely

impressive last night and they made no adjustments to stop our rush. Great game Owls, keep it rolling.

From what I understand Gatewood did raise the level of play at Ooltewah. I did not start following the Owls until 2004. What I do remember of his tenure and what I saw last night is he has the worst tackling teams. Most of our big plays came after we broke one weak arm tackle. After that it was off to the races and EH could not keep up. After two games it does appear coach Williams is growing as a coach. I hope it continues there is a lot of talent on this team. Celebrate today boys, tomorrow it is all about Cleveland and I am sure they are going to be ready.

I was very excited and encouraged by what I saw the other night. Ooltewah is a team comprised of 20+ seniors which bodes well for high school football. James M Monroe stadium aka The House that Ted Built became Coach Gatewood's personal house of horrors on Friday night. It is obvious that it is going to take Ted awhile, but make no mistake about it....he'll get the job done. East Ham was simply out-athleted by the bigger,quicker,faster Owls. Ted is a true leader and mentor unlike the cry baby "legend" that replaced him.Ooltewah should be thankful that the last vestiges of the Cleveland mafia has left for "greener" pastures.....literally!

Nice to see the much maligned Bradley Stephens get off to a great start. He looks like a kid that plays loose, has fun, and doesn't take himself so serious. He doesn't have to be a hero and doesn't have to do it himself. He's got athletes to distribute the ball to and doesn't panic.

I would love nothing more than to see Ooltewah roll into "Legend" stadium this Friday and for Bradley and the Owls upstage the great Voytik, a kid that appears to be a product of his old man's money. He is perhaps the most hyped, next to nothing I've ever seen. Go Owls and let's make it 3-0!

I was very excited and encouraged by what I saw the other night. Ooltewah is a team comprised of 20+ seniors which bodes well for high school football. James M Monroe stadium aka The House that Ted Built became Coach Gatewood's personal house of horrors on Friday night. It is obvious that it is going to take Ted awhile, but make no mistake about it....he'll get the job done. East Ham was simply out-athleted by the bigger,quicker,faster Owls. Ted is a true leader and mentor unlike the cry baby "legend" that replaced him.Ooltewah should be thankful that the last vestiges of the Cleveland mafia has left for "greener" pastures.....literally!

Nice to see the much maligned Bradley Stephens get off to a great start. He looks like a kid that plays loose, has fun, and doesn't take himself so serious. He doesn't have to be a hero and doesn't have to do it himself. He's got athletes to distribute the ball to and doesn't panic.

I would love nothing more than to see Ooltewah roll into "Legend" stadium this Friday and for Bradley and the Owls upstage the great Voytik, a kid that appears to be a product of his old man's money. He is perhaps the most hyped, next to nothing I've ever seen. Go Owls and let's make it 3-0!

Well,I'm glad these boys didnt leave............but most of all,I love it because they did not QUIT after one year of varsity football,because they were scared to get hit by bigger,older teammates or because they were afraid to work hard and WAIT their turn,fought through adversity and had the patience to mentor and lead by example,like last years seniors did.This year's team has several leaders which is good for the program,Ted Gatewood helped Ooltewah,when he was there,Benny Monroe did his job,too.Shannon Williams is and will do his job,all these coaches had good years and usaully one off year.,.last year was Shannon's year,now he's DOING his job,so keep dogging ex coaches and ex players all you want.Go Owls!!!

Well,I'm glad these boys didnt leave............but most of all,I love it because they did not QUIT after one year of varsity football,because they were scared to get hit by bigger,older teammates or because they were afraid to work hard and WAIT their turn,fought through adversity and had the patience to mentor and lead by example,like last years seniors did.This year's team has several leaders which is good for the program,Ted Gatewood helped Ooltewah,when he was there,Benny Monroe did his job,too.Shannon Williams is and will do his job,all these coaches had good years and usaully one off year.,.last year was Shannon's year,now he's DOING his job,so keep dogging ex coaches and ex players all you want.Go Owls!!!

Ted Gatewood handed Benny Monroe a winning program on a silver platter. When Benny saw the well running dry, he tucked tail and ran. Brady Reed never improved one bit under Benny Moroe and was the same player as a senior that he was as a sophomore. I'm not trying to knock players but it's the truth.

I agree with your comments on Shannon Williams as he seems to be a classy individual and has got the sense to get the ball in the hands of his playmakers.

Ted Gatewood handed Benny Monroe a winning program on a silver platter. When Benny saw the well running dry, he tucked tail and ran. Brady Reed never improved one bit under Benny Moroe and was the same player as a senior that he was as a sophomore. I'm not trying to knock players but it's the truth.

I agree with your comments on Shannon Williams as he seems to be a classy individual and has got the sense to get the ball in the hands of his playmakers.

100% CORRECT BB...........