Chattanooga Volleyball

smdad

I really feel that Chattanooga will turn out this way.

A. 1. Sale Creek, 2. Boyd

AA 1. Red Bank, 2. Notre Dame

AAA 1. Soddy, 2. Ooltewah

DII 1. Baylor, 2 GPS

Going to State: Sale Creek, Soddy, Baylor and GPS

Thank you Chattanooga volleyball

I think AA is a toss-up between RB, ND, SM and Hixson. Any one of those team can beat the other on any given night. Out of curiosity, who do you think is going to state out of AA Region 3 and 4? You don't have a Chattanooga team going.

Edited by saw4ND

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the AA's in Chatt beat up on each other they will play some of the Nash teams. Page & Goodpasture will not be friendly when you play them. Your team has beat some big teams this year. Red Bank, SM, GPS, and ER a nice list. I hope all Chatt teams make it to State

. We haven't seen your daughters team at State in a while.

A bittersweet night last night as Signal Mountain celebrated senior night, and my direct involvement in high school volleyball for seven of the last eight years nears a close, because my youngest daughter is a senior this year. It was a good night as Signal shook of some poor play from earlier in the week, and beat Baylor three games to one. A shout out to all of the Eagle seniors, who came in as freshman and have played since the beginning of the program: Callie Hildebrand, Laura Powell, Allie Jennings, Carly Jonakin and Maggie Garth.

With the regular season coming to a close, I had thought about an updated Chattanooga top 10. After the top team (Soddy in a landslide), it gets really tough:

1. Soddy-Daisy

2. Baylor

3. Red Bank

4. Ooltewah

5. Notre Dame

6. GPS

7. East Hamilton

8. Signal Mt

9. Walker Valley

10. Hixson

Next week is District Tournament Time. Even though upsets are always a possibility, the most interesting tournament should be 6-AA, as one of Red Bank, East Hamilton and Hixson doesn't advance to Regionals, and that three way contest is to close to call.

I agree, very hard to rank. Top 2 are hands down 1 & 2. After that it's a toss up. I don't agree totally with your ranking being that Walker Valley beat Notre Dame, GPS twice and Signal Mtn BUT then lost to Hixon. Very hard to rank top 10. I guess we don't need to now that districts are here. Lol

After the AA's in Chatt beat up on each other they will play some of the Nash teams. Page & Goodpasture will not be friendly when you play them. Your team has beat some big teams this year. Red Bank, SM, GPS, and ER a nice list. I hope all Chatt teams make it to State

. We haven't seen your daughters team at State in a while.

Page and Goodpasture are both really good, but thankfully the Chattanooga teams won't have to see them until State. They are Region 5 teams. I still think East Hamilton might make some noise in District 6, but agree it probably is Hixson and RB.

I also agree it will be very difficult for Chattanooga to have two teams from Single A go to State after watching Friendship Christian in the MidTenn this weekend, but hope Boyd or Silverdale will get there.

CSAS Upsets Silverdale In District 5-A Volleyball

Lady Patriots To Meet Boyd-Buchanan In Tuesday Finals

by John Hunt

posted October 10, 2011

It's hard to beat the same team twice in the same season and even more difficult to pull the trick three straight times.

The Silverdale Academy Lady Seahawks found that out the hard way Monday night in the semifinal round of the District 5-A volleyball tournament.

The Lady Seahawks, seeded second in the tournament with a 22-19 overall record and a 7-1 mark in district play, had beaten the CSAS Lady Patriots 3-0 on two occasions this fall.

The third time wasn't the charm for Silverdale as CSAS advanced with a thrilling 3-2 victory.

The Lady Seahawks won the first and third sets by scores of 25-13 and 25-21.

GPS Earns Five Game Win Over Rival Baylor

posted October 11, 2011

GPS seniors Finley Bandy, Mary Margaret Taylor, Jeneh Perry, Tayana Fernandez and Tory Kemp led the Bruisers to a 3-2 win over rival Baylor Tuesday night.

GPS and Baylor had split in their regular season match up.

GPS fell 19-25 in the first game and then roared back to win two straight 25-20 and 25-11. Baylor won the fourth game 25-19 before GPS won the tie breaker 15-12.

The game gives GPS a third place finish behind Baylor and Ensworth in the division II east region.

GPS will host either Pope John Paul II or Brentwood this Saturday at GPS.

Ensworth and Baylor receive byes in the first round.

GPS Stats:

Tory Kemp 18 kills, 22 digs, 3 aces, 20 assist, 9 blocks

Sadie Lett 14 kills, 11 digs, 4 aces, 24 assist, 3 blocks

Sara Griffith 7 kills, 10 digs, 1 ace, 3 blocks

Olivia Berger 8 kills, 19 digs, 1 ace, 2 blocks

Jeneh Perry 6 kills, 14 blocks

Destinee Lansden 2 kills, 4 blocks

Kelby Crownover 21 digs, 1 ace

Mary Margaret Taylor 1 ace, 6 digs

Reagan Williams 1 ace, 2 digs

Kristen Warren 1 dig.

Email this to a friend

A bittersweet night last night as Signal Mountain celebrated senior night, and my direct involvement in high school volleyball for seven of the last eight years nears a close, because my youngest daughter is a senior this year. It was a good night as Signal shook of some poor play from earlier in the week, and beat Baylor three games to one. A shout out to all of the Eagle seniors, who came in as freshman and have played since the beginning of the program: Callie Hildebrand, Laura Powell, Allie Jennings, Carly Jonakin and Maggie Garth.

With the regular season coming to a close, I had thought about an updated Chattanooga top 10. After the top team (Soddy in a landslide), it gets really tough:

1. Soddy-Daisy

2. Baylor

3. Red Bank

4. Ooltewah

5. Notre Dame

6. GPS

7. East Hamilton

8. Signal Mt

9. Walker Valley

10. Hixson

Next week is District Tournament Time. Even though upsets are always a possibility, the most interesting tournament should be 6-AA, as one of Red Bank, East Hamilton and Hixson doesn't advance to Regionals, and that three way contest is to close to call.

Pop Quiz: Post the overall records of Chattanooga's Top 10 and their records against each other.

1. Soddy-Daisy: 47-9 (16-3)

2. Baylor: 28-11

3. Red Bank: 33-15

4. Ooltewah

5. Notre Dame

6. GPS: 35-17

7. East Hamilton: 29-9

8. Signal Mt: 32-20

9. Walker Valley

10. Hixson

Soddy Daisy is 16-3 in matches played against the teams listed above, and has wins out of the Chattanooga area against Farragut, Anderson County,

Blackman, Page, Karns, and Hardin Valley.

This all sounds good, but "nearly" anything can happen in post season play. Good luck, Soddy Daisy

Pop Quiz: Post the overall records of Chattanooga's Top 10 and their records against each other.

1. Soddy-Daisy: 47-9 (16-3)

2. Baylor: 28-11

3. Red Bank: 33-15

4. Ooltewah

5. Notre Dame

6. GPS: 35-17

7. East Hamilton: 29-9

8. Signal Mt: 32-20

9. Walker Valley

10. Hixson

Soddy Daisy is 16-3 in matches played against the teams listed above, and has wins out of the Chattanooga area against Farragut, Anderson County,

Blackman, Page, Karns, and Hardin Valley.

This all sounds good, but "nearly" anything can happen in post season play. Good luck, Soddy Daisy

That is very good and i am familiar with a lot of these and I know you've played in the Nashville area and are formidable in your play, I watched you last year at State and this year in the BIVT i think and was impressed. the BIVT was a two game venue and I would not tell you my thought on a comparison between Soddy and the top tier schools In MT but Unless you can beat Ravenwood, Indy, Houston, collierville, Sullican South, Siegel consistantly, in a five game, you will likely wind up about 4 or 5th in the State tournament. Your statement of Nearly anything can happen in the State is correct as you know. it takes a lot of Luck and endurance.