• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Choo choo results come in

Choo Choo Volleyball Results: Pool Play

posted September 2, 2011

Friday's Scores and Stats:

Soddy-Daisy Game scores:

Soddy Daisy 25-17 and 25-13 over Signal.

Soddy Daisy 25-14 and 25-17 over White County.

Soddy Daisy 25-17 and 25-22 over Sequoyah.

Soddy Daisy 3 match highlights:

Rachel Shaughnessy- 25 kills, 3 digs, 2 aces, 3 blocks

Kelsey Nunley- 14 kills, 22 digs, 2 aces

Sara Davis- 31 digs, 7 aces

Becca Johnson- 12 kills, 3 blocks, 2 assists

Megan Ware- 14 digs, 2 aces

Laura Jenkins- 7 kills

Haley Reynolds- 2 kills, 1 assists, 1 block

Cassidy Hackney- 22 assists, 6 aces, 10 digs

Alex Schafer- 11 kills, 6 digs

Lauren Smith- 3 aces, 2 kill

Hannah Robertson- 6 digs

Karigan Fulghum- 3 assists, 2 kill

Olivia Holden-31 assists, 14 digs, 4 aces

Markia Thomas-1 assist

Ooltewah defeated Grace 25-17, 25-12

Loren Bennett 4 points, 6 kills, 9 assists, 2 digs

Leondra Barrett 5 kills, 2 blocks

Bridgette O'Brien 2 points, 6 kills, 6 digs

Haley Burton 5 points, 2 digs

Kelsey Chernak 3 points, 8 assists, 2 digs

Sloan Sullivan 3 kills, 1.5 blocks

Izabela Zdunek 1 point, 1 assist, 11 digs

Kianna Delaney 5 points, 6 kills, 4 blocks, 11 digs

Heather Taylor 2 digs

Karly Newman 7 points, 6 digs

Ooltewah defeated North Cobb 17-25, 25-13, 15-13

Loren Bennett 5 points, 6 kills, 7 assists, 3 digs

Leondra Barrett 6 kills, 1 dig

Bridgette O'Brien 3 points, 4 kills, 4 digs

Kelsey Chernak 3 points, 2 kills, 9 assists, 3 digs

Sloan Sullivan 1 kill, 1 assist, 1 dig

Izabela Zdunek 1 point, 9 digs

Kianna Delaney 7 points, 4 kills, 4 blocks, 8 digs

Karly Newman 8 points, 5 kills, 6 digs

:rolleyes:

I found a new weight lost program. watching volleyball in the Red Bank Aux gym will sure do it. Soddy looks good again, but my friends say South is going to be hard for them to handle.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I have a feeling that both are good but time will tell as the season continues on. The very top schools, IMO, will come out of Soddy, South, someone in District 3 or 4, Houston, Ravenwood, Brentwood, Independence, someone in District 7 and 4 otheer schools not named in AAA. AA are too numerous to be mentioned but I wil do so in a couple of weeks. A is a dogfight but will include Sale.

Edited by PHargis

I found a new weight lost program. watching volleyball in the Red Bank Aux gym will sure do it. Soddy looks good again, but my friends say South is going to be hard for them to handle.

44, at least for the last 10 years, fans have had the enjoyment of attending matches at the world famous Red Bank Aux Gym with is almost as famous as the Choo Choo. The ability to get a toofer of an "as you go" sauna as seeing figures a top notch volleyball match and feel the gentle breeze of the fans blowing hot air across your face is a feeling you may never feel again.(I guess the fans are still there and haven't worn out) It is worth a visit to the Red Bank side of the tournament and some say the historic site may have been designed by Coach Neeley and one of the legendary Coaches at Red Bank to the hard work and perspiration the players in Chattanooga have given to the game. Some say each of the fans in named for each of those coaches but that may be just old rumors. However it is a historic site and i am glad you found it and its no wonder you had the opportunity to pay your way in to the site for that toofer offer along with the sauna. There will be others that will post about this site but it is fitting to be in a City so full of legendary figures of this Sport such as Neeley and Brock and that matter the other legend the Red Bank gym was named for. its almost like a Mecca to hear of fans going each year picking up their sneakers and making the trip from all over the state to get a chance, by luck, to leave a little sweat on the floor of that great building. Ummm, maybe thats the smell. Anyway glad to hear of the report from one of our reporters and have a grat second day of the Choo Choo.

44, over the past ten years, many have expressed a lot of thoughts about the Red Bank Aux Gym with glowing words and tributes of one kind or another. Most have been associated more with the "another" and some haven't been as kind. However, to be able to attend a match there and get the toofer of a game and sauna is very special. To feel the gentle breeze of the fans blowing hot air across ones face( if they are still there), is a special feeling indeed. I'm not sure if the fans, appropriately named after the Neelys and the Brocks and the Red Bank Coack that in the past few years had the other gym named for her, are still there but if they are not I am sure all of the fixtures that held them are still there becasue appropriately, nothing else has be changed or moved. Some say the gym is dedicated to all of the great Coaches and players

who spent the hard work and perspiration working in the gym and if you look closedly you may be able to see the stains all over the floor. Ummm, maybe thats what the smell is. Well, fans come from all over to see the historic site. Its almost like going to a Mecca each year as fans pick up sneakers to travel down the roads leading to the site, every year to attend the Choo Choo.

Many pounds have been lost in that venue. You now have the opportunity to say that you were a part of history and so are your friends at South. Its good to feel you are a part of something old..........or maybe I should express it another way.....something historic.

Just got back from the first round of the Choo Choo Gold Bracket. Signal went 4-2 in pool play (2 games in the hot box yesterday), and qualified for the Gold Bracket. The Eagles lost in the first round of the Gold to Sullivan South. Signal led in the first game 24-20, but couldn't finish the game, and SS cruised in the second game 15-25. In other Gold Bracket action, Baylor defeated Walker Valley in 2 straight, GPS beat Father Ryan in 3 games, and Dobyns Bennett defeated Bradley County. Didn't stay around to get any other scores. The word was GPS was playing very well in the tournament.

In pool play this morning, the top seeded teams at Red Bank played some fantastic volleyball, with Farragut coming out on top over Baylor, Soddy and Sequoyah (out of Georgia). One of the best matches was Baylor vs. Soddy. Soddy jumped out to a 13-0 lead in game 1, but Baylor won game 2 decisively, and then took game 3 in a thriller to hand Soddy its first loss of the year.

Look forward to getting more reports from the tournament.