Chattanooga Volleyball

smdad

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Ooltewah at Brentwood they have a nice setter, and some good middles. A really tall libero. I'm shocked that Soddy-Daisy handled them with easy. SMDAD can you or another Chattanoogan give us Top 10 Baylor normally at State, RB, Signal, Boyd, Soddy, CCS, GPS, Sale Creek.

The win by Soddy was not a big suprise. With the exception of Baylor, I don't think any team from the Chattanooga area will beat Soddy this year, and I'm not sure Baylor will beat them. They're pretty big across the front lines, and the couple of times I've watched them play they've been very consistent with their passing game. After those two teams I think it will be a toss up this year for how the rest of the teams will finish. I have not had the chance to see Ooltewah play this year, but I do know they are relyihng on several girls who have not had a lot of varsity experience. Of the teams you listed, Boyd and CCS are down quite a bit from where they were in the past two years. I think the teams that should be added to your list are Hixson and Notre Dame.

Soddy, Baylor, GPS, Signal, Hixson and Walker Valley are all playing in the Early Bird this weekend, and I know a lot of the other local teams are playing in the Bradley Bash (by the way, Bradley Central beat Cleveland last night, and I can't recall that happening in the past few years). I may try to re-rank teams after this weekend's action.

Volleyball Results: Thursday, August 25

posted August 25, 2011

Red Bank defeats Brainerd 25-1, 25-7, 25-9 and Central 25-11, 25-19, 25-10

Red Bank earned to more wins on Thursday with 3-0 wins over Brainerd and Central. Red Bank improves to 3-1 overall and 2-0 in the district.

Red Bank Stats:

Danielle Moore 19 kills;2 blocks; 22digs

Savannah Nelson 19 kills; 10 blocks; 2 assists; 6 digs;2 aces

Shelby Hayes 18 kills; 3 digs

Abby Graham 47 assists; 8 digs; 1 block;3 aces

Ansley Helton 34 digs; 2aces;3 assists

Rachel Hargis 16 digs; 10 aces

Chafelmer Mumba 3 kills; 12 digs;4aces

Caitlin Jenkins 1 kill; 3 blocks

Allison Walker 1 ace; 1 kill

CCS defeats Bledsoe County 25-9, 25-20, 26-24

Chattanooga Christian Lady Chargers won their first district match Thursday night beating Bledsoe County in 3 games, 25-9, 25-20, 26-24

CCS Stats:

Hailee Ray 6 kills, 8 aces

Sara Beth Riggs 5 kills, 1 ace, 1 block

Erin Jackson 4 kills, 6 aces, 1 block, 8 digs

Amanda Hickerson 2 kills, 3 aces, 4 digs

Beverly Samples 2 kills, 1 block

Gracie Smith 1 kill, 18 assists, 3 aces, 4 digs

Amanda Monk 6 digs

Lindsay Rudisill 5 digs

Amanda Loyal 2 aces, 2 digs

Suzannah Worland 2 digs

GPS defeated East Ridge 25-11, 25-19, 25-20.

The Bruisers of GPS won their match with East Ridge on Thursday in three straight games.

Stats for ER:

Daisha Jackson - 8 kills, 3 blocks, 3 assists, 4 digs

Markia Harden - 1 ace, 17 digs

Ja Nece Parham - 3 kills, 3 blocks, 1 ace

Nelle Robbins - 2 kills, 1 block

Jaida Broadnax - 4 assists

Hannah Eldridge - 1 block

Ieashia Taylor - 1 kill, 1 block, 3 digs

GPS Stats:

Sadie Lett 14 kills, 16 assists, 2 aces, 9 digs

Tory Kemp 9 kills, 11 digs, 6 aces, 3 blocks, 21 assists

Kelby Crownover 16 digs, 5 aces

Sara Griffith 9 kills, 9 digs, 2 aces 1 block

Olivia Berger 5 kills, 8 digs, 1 ace, 1 block

Mary Margaret Taylor 7 digs, 2 aces

Soddy-Daisy defeats Ooltewah 25-18, 25-20, 17-25, 25-18

The Soddy-Daisy volleyball team won a big district 5-AAA home volleyball match on Thursday with a 25-18, 25-20, 17-25, 25-18 win over Ooltewah. Soddy-Daisy improves to 2-0 in the district and 3-0 overall.

Ooltewah Stats:

Loren Bennett 5 kills, 9 digs, 16 assists

Kianna Delaney 9 kills, 11 digs, 2 blocks

Bridgette O'Brien 8 kills, 2 aces, 9 digs

Kelsey Chernak 16 assists, 6 digs

Karley Newman 3 kills 16 digs

Izabela Zdunek 16 digs, 4 aces

Leondra Barrett 9 kills, 2.5 blocks

Sloan Sullivan 5 kills

Soddy-Daisy Stats:

Sarah Davis 40 digs, 2 aces

Olivia Holden 23 assists, 5 digs, 1 kill

Rebecca Johnson 6 kills, 5 digs, 3 blocks

Kelsey Nunley 14 digs, 9 kills, 3 aces

Rachel Shaughnessy 14 kills, 5 digs, 1 ace, 5 blocks

Megan Ware 14 digs

Alex Schafer 10 kills, 4 digs

Laura Jenkins 3 blocks, 2 kills

Cassidy Hackney 12 asists, 5 digs, 1 ace

Haley Reynolds 1 assist, 2 digs

Email this to a friend

Brainard beaten in the Cell Phone matchup.

Congratulations to Soddy on winning the Early Bird in Knoxville. The Trojans looked really strong in the final game of the tournament, with fantastic front court play, defense and setting. After the first week, a common thread among the top teams has been an experienced setter. Soddy has at least one in Olivia Holden (I'm not sure who else sets for them, but some of the time they were running a 6-2), Ooltewah has one, and Walker Valley has one.

Updated top ten based on the first week of play, with an emphasis on head to head matchups:

1. Soddy-Daisy - Strong week with wins over Ooltewah, Walker Valley and Anderson County.

2. Walker Valley - Finished in the top 4 at the Early Bird, with wins over GPS and Signal. Senior Setter Caitlyn Geren had a great match against Signal.

3. Ooltewah - Haven't got to see them play, but they beat GPS during the week. They also have a senior setting for them (Loren Bennett), which should add stability to their team.

4. GPS - Showed a lot of heart by defeating Baylor in Knoxville after dropping the first game 25-12.

5. Baylor - A good first week, including going undefeated in pool play at the Early Bird, but the loss to Baylor drops them for now.

6. Signal Mountain - A fun match with Notre Dame early in the week, but a couple of disappointing losses in the gold bracket at the Early Bird. Another highlight was beating last years AAA runner up, Dobyns Bennett.

7. Hixson - Won a 5 game match with Sale Creek early in the week, and was the only team to take a game off of Soddy at the Early Bird.

8. Sale Creek

9. Red Bank

10. Notre Dame

This week concludes with the Choo Choo tournament hosted by East Ridge and Red Bank. There is likely to be a reshuffling in the Top Ten based on the results of the Choo Choo.

As for East Hamilton, it is a AA school in its third year of existence. It is coached by Christy Lenoir, who had been at Boyd Buchanan before starting with East Hamilton 3 years ago. East Hamilton has a lot of girls that have played club ball, but being a new school, do not have many seniors on the team.

Congratulations to Soddy on winning the Early Bird in Knoxville. The Trojans looked really strong in the final game of the tournament, with fantastic front court play, defense and setting. After the first week, a common thread among the top teams has been an experienced setter. Soddy has at least one in Olivia Holden (I'm not sure who else sets for them, but some of the time they were running a 6-2), Ooltewah has one, and Walker Valley has one.

Updated top ten based on the first week of play, with an emphasis on head to head matchups:

1. Soddy-Daisy - Strong week with wins over Ooltewah, Walker Valley and Anderson County.

2. Walker Valley - Finished in the top 4 at the Early Bird, with wins over GPS and Signal. Senior Setter Caitlyn Geren had a great match against Signal.

3. Ooltewah - Haven't got to see them play, but they beat GPS during the week. They also have a senior setting for them (Loren Bennett), which should add stability to their team.

4. GPS - Showed a lot of heart by defeating Baylor in Knoxville after dropping the first game 25-12.

5. Baylor - A good first week, including going undefeated in pool play at the Early Bird, but the loss to Baylor drops them for now.

6. Signal Mountain - A fun match with Notre Dame early in the week, but a couple of disappointing losses in the gold bracket at the Early Bird. Another highlight was beating last years AAA runner up, Dobyns Bennett.

7. Hixson - Won a 5 game match with Sale Creek early in the week, and was the only team to take a game off of Soddy at the Early Bird.

8. Sale Creek

9. Red Bank

10. Notre Dame

This week concludes with the Choo Choo tournament hosted by East Ridge and Red Bank. There is likely to be a reshuffling in the Top Ten based on the results of the Choo Choo.

As for East Hamilton, it is a AA school in its third year of existence. It is coached by Christy Lenoir, who had been at Boyd Buchanan before starting with East Hamilton 3 years ago. East Hamilton has a lot of girls that have played club ball, but being a new school, do not have many seniors on the team.

I know its early but if someone has a schedule for the Choo Choo Tournament and could post it I would greatly appreciate it!

I know its early but if someone has a schedule for the Choo Choo Tournament and could post it I would greatly appreciate it!

POOL PLAY @ EAST RIDGE

4pm - East Ridge / Bradley

Hixon / GPS

Notre Dame / Walker Valley

Ooltewah / Grace

5pm - Bradley / Eagleville

Hixon / Kenn Mt.

Notre Dame / K. Catholic

Ooltewah / N. Cobb

6pm - East Ridge / Eagleville

GPS / Cookville

Walker Valley / GoodPasture

Grace / Sullivan S.

7pm - Bradley / Crockett

Kenn Mt. / Cookville

Notre Dame / GoodPasture

N.Cobb / Grace

8pm - East Ridge / Crockett

Hixon / Cookeville

Ooltewah / Sullivan S.

Walker Valley / K.Catholic

9pm - Eagleville / Crockett

Kenn Mt. / GPS

N.Cobb / Sullivan S.

GoodPasture / K.Catholic

A bit of a slow week in Chattanooga area volleyball as far as match-ups between the top tier teams, at least until the weekend and the Choo Choo kicks off. Tonight's games include a lot of district contests such as Ooltewah at Bradley Central, Grace at Boyd Buchanan, and Signal at CCS. Wednesday provides the best slate of matches as the top teams in District 6AAA take on Division II, when Soddy goes to GPS, and Walker Valley goes to Baylor.

Last night Signal defeated Silverdale in three straight sets, and Sale Creek knocked East Hamilton from the ranks of the unbeaten.