Chattanooga Volleyball

smdad

For some reason, and maybe in years past I have heard of GPS winning down thee. Congrats. And now it seems that Farragut may have the monkey off their back. Soddy must have gotten worn out with all of the matches they have played lately but i stiil would like to interview the real Coach Johnson about her team sometime. She's a very good coach and she and her team know where they want to go. Good match to all and to smdad and ds4life, great jobs of reporting the events at the Choo Choo.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admitt I was wrong. GPS and Farragut proved me wrong. I watched how GPS beat South twice and Farragut did the same to Soddy. IGPS was behind any a lot of the games I watch them play today. They just seemed to come from behind in many games. Earlier I had watched Soddy and South and saw the power these teams had and just knew they were due. However, Coach Paul Brock has some magic dust he poured on his team. They looked like a changed team from the choo-choo playday. The Farragut and Soddy game was a slug fest. South game GPS all they wanted. I Thanks to some AC and the cookies at ER I was able to put most of my weight back on I lost in the cheap seats at RB Aux. GPS #9 and # 6 are ballers. it took a team effort to support them. Great Job to Farragut and GPS. I think GPS/Goodpasture game was the most heated both coaches were pumped and players alike that I watched this weekend. The Middle for Goodpasture was really good but couldn't stop the outsides of GPS.

I admitt I was wrong. GPS and Farragut proved me wrong. I watched how GPS beat South twice and Farragut did the same to Soddy. IGPS was behind any a lot of the games I watch them play today. They just seemed to come from behind in many games. Earlier I had watched Soddy and South and saw the power these teams had and just knew they were due. However, Coach Paul Brock has some magic dust he poured on his team. They looked like a changed team from the choo-choo playday. The Farragut and Soddy game was a slug fest. South game GPS all they wanted. I Thanks to some AC and the cookies at ER I was able to put most of my weight back on I lost in the cheap seats at RB Aux. GPS #9 and # 6 are ballers. it took a team effort to support them. Great Job to Farragut and GPS. I think GPS/Goodpasture game was the most heated both coaches were pumped and players alike that I watched this weekend. The Middle for Goodpasture was really good but couldn't stop the outsides of GPS.

Whoa, cheap historic seats in the sweat covered RB Aux gym. I have watched Brock's GPS team a few years and have determined it is pure conditioning and his motivation. Rather remarkable. South likely really had no chance especially in Chattanooga. Not that they aren't good but if their coach had not played them down there, they had not played the inferno they played today. The Faragutt and Soddy match, to be very clear, was an early season match that both were trying to play for a State Championship. they both thought they had something to prove and now Farragut is ready for the District. Soddy was already ready.

The rivalry between Goodpasture and GPS goes back too many years and was great play between two schools that had something to prove again. This was a typical Choo Choo without somewhere Coach Neely and East Ridge popping up some where. that would have made it more than SPECIAL.

I wanted to add that I thought this was a great tournament and the quality of play seemed higher than in past years. You come here expecting good competition and it delivered. South got to play Ooltewah, North Cobb, and Grace the first night with the Ooltewah and North Cobb matches all going 3. South then played GPS, Goodpasture and Bradley the next morning followed by Signal Mtn, Baylor then GPS again in the tournament. The semifinal with GPS was a thrilling match with South losing in three 16-14. South was serving for the match at 14-13 but was not able to close. Very proud of South's team as they did not play their best Saturday morning but gathered themselves and played much better as the day went on and played very hard and well against a very good GPS team.

Congrats to GPS for winning the tournament - they seemed very well coached and are very athletice and ran through a gauntlet of good teams to win it.

Congratulations to GPS for the win at the Choo Choo. GPS has made huge strides since the preseason playdays. With that victory, the top ten has an entirely new look:

1. GPS - Even though Soddy beat them earlier in the week, the Choo Choo win moves them to the top for now.

2. Baylor - A toss-up with Soddy for this spot, but their head to head win at the Choo Choo puts them one spot up.

3. Soddy-Daisy - After a great start to the season, a little hiccup with the loss to Baylor, and two losses to Farragut. I expect them to regroup and move back up the list.

4. Ooltewah - Still haven't got to see them play, but they made it to the Gold Round of the Choo Choo.

5. Walker Valley - Made it to the Gold at the Choo Choo, but lost in the first round to GPS.

6. Signal Mountain - Defeated Red Bank at the Choo Choo, but suffered a District loss to CCS earlier in the week.

7. Bradley Central - Also made the Gold Round at the Choo Choo.

8. Hixson -

9. Sale Creek - Even though they didn't make it to the Gold at Choo Choo, they had a nice win over Red Bank.

10. Red Bank

SMsm

Congratulations to GPS for the win at the Choo Choo. GPS has made huge strides since the preseason playdays. With that victory, the top ten has an entirely new look:

1. GPS - Even though Soddy beat them earlier in the week, the Choo Choo win moves them to the top for now.

2. Baylor - A toss-up with Soddy for this spot, but their head to head win at the Choo Choo puts them one spot up.

3. Soddy-Daisy - After a great start to the season, a little hiccup with the loss to Baylor, and two losses to Farragut. I expect them to regroup and move back up the list.

4. Ooltewah - Still haven't got to see them play, but they made it to the Gold Round of the Choo Choo.

5. Walker Valley - Made it to the Gold at the Choo Choo, but lost in the first round to GPS.

6. Signal Mountain - Defeated Red Bank at the Choo Choo, but suffered a District loss to CCS earlier in the week.

7. Bradley Central - Also made the Gold Round at the Choo Choo.

8. Hixson -

9. Sale Creek - Even though they didn't make it to the Gold at Choo Choo, they had a nice win over Red Bank.

10. Red Bank

sm, something tells me that one of those schools is hiding in the weeds a little North of the Chattanooga area and as usual will jump out and scare sommeone about Tournament time. I would watch the School from Ooltewah who at least you placed in 4th without seeing. From years passed, The Coach of that team has a way of stepping up and out and the players doing the same. That is a great and complete list from the town of the Choo Choo and it has been noted that the Tournaments held this year all over the state have been the highest caliber in some years. This will be one of the best seasons ever. Find your nearest School and Match and for that mattere, the nearest tournament you can find and feel all of the excitement that is obviously there. Every match I have been to this year has been worth the time spent with great performances by some great players and coaches.

SMsm

sm, something tells me that one of those schools is hiding in the weeds a little North of the Chattanooga area and as usual will jump out and scare sommeone about Tournament time. I would watch the School from Ooltewah who at least you placed in 4th without seeing. From years passed, The Coach of that team has a way of stepping up and out and the players doing the same. That is a great and complete list from the town of the Choo Choo and it has been noted that the Tournaments held this year all over the state have been the highest caliber in some years. This will be one of the best seasons ever. Find your nearest School and Match and for that mattere, the nearest tournament you can find and feel all of the excitement that is obviously there. Every match I have been to this year has been worth the time spent with great performances by some great players and coaches.

Got an idea; It would be nice to see the records of all the teams and who they have played. With this information, we could make our own evaluations.

From what I've read, GPS was 4-4 going into the Choo Choo tournament and Baylor is 13-4 now. I know Soddy Daisy is 17-3 currently. I don't know

what the records are for Sullivan South, Signal Mountain, Red Bank, Ooltewah, or Walker Valley.

CoachT has a web-site for all the schools to post their games. Simply, click onto "team schedules" and pull up your team or anyother team to check

the record for who they've played and what the score was. There is also a place to check for comparing records. This spot shows how the teams

did against class A, AA, AAA, and private schools.

While I have not seen the teams scheduled to be in the BIVD, knowing the care Coach Campbell takes special care for this Tournament, expect just about anyone from the

State or State Champions from States Bordering Tennessee to be there. This is likely one of the most prestigous tournaments in the Southeast.

By the way; Playing "best out of 5" is a better gauge for evaluating teams.

Beating someone 2-1 gives me the impression that the match could

have gone either way.

Should be some good volleyball this weekend in Brentwood!

Coach, I think I can agree with you and think in evaluation it is the best. However expediency during a season has to be considered. Whenever i see a quad match using a 2 out of three i really throw up the question marks. So many tournaments are so large it would be wrong to try to play all night and after all, every one has the same format either way you play it. Middle Tennessee again will enjoy seeing the School from Soddy Daisy playing in a prestigous Tournament. Seeing you in the State last year was enjoyable. You brought a different demension and to see you and Ooltewah here will be particular interesting if there becomes a matchup. Safe trip.