Chattanooga Volleyball

smdad

Congratulations to GPS for the win at the Choo Choo. GPS has made huge strides since the preseason playdays. With that victory, the top ten has an entirely new look:

1. GPS - Even though Soddy beat them earlier in the week, the Choo Choo win moves them to the top for now.

2. Baylor - A toss-up with Soddy for this spot, but their head to head win at the Choo Choo puts them one spot up.

3. Soddy-Daisy - After a great start to the season, a little hiccup with the loss to Baylor, and two losses to Farragut. I expect them to regroup and move back up the list.

4. Ooltewah - Still haven't got to see them play, but they made it to the Gold Round of the Choo Choo.

5. Walker Valley - Made it to the Gold at the Choo Choo, but lost in the first round to GPS.

6. Signal Mountain - Defeated Red Bank at the Choo Choo, but suffered a District loss to CCS earlier in the week.

7. Bradley Central - Also made the Gold Round at the Choo Choo.

8. Hixson -

9. Sale Creek - Even though they didn't make it to the Gold at Choo Choo, they had a nice win over Red Bank.

10. Red Bank

[/quote

This week's top 10: Does #10 Red Bank, which beat somebody's #1 GPS and Somebody's #2 Baylor last week, move up to #1 this week.

I don't think so. However, Congratulations to Red Bank for a fine effort.

Ranking the top 10 by using one weekend of playing "best of 3" just doesn't work.

If the coaches will get their schedules and results into "CoachT," it would make ranking a lot easier and a lot more realistic.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the coaches will get their schedules and results into "CoachT," it would make ranking a lot easier and a lot more realistic.

most coaches don't have time to put in schedules and results they are too busy scheming on how to beat soddy. get the fellas at the chattanoogan.com to add stats for both teams when they report and not just the winner. ive seen many matches go 3 close games or even 5 and only winner stats are reported.(sorry that's a pet pev)

most coaches don't have time to put in schedules and results they are too busy scheming on how to beat soddy. get the fellas at the chattanoogan.com to add stats for both teams when they report and not just the winner. ive seen many matches go 3 close games or even 5 and only winner stats are reported.(sorry that's a pet pev)

Good point, but it doesn't have to be a coach to report scores. I agree, the scores should be posted. CoachT is a great place to post scores. If only one of the

teams report the score, CoachT records it for both schools and keeps the records on file. Coaches and fans can log onto CoachT and get reported scores

from all over the state.

Almost halfway into season in Chattanooga. It depends on what a team has been eating that week to see who is the best. Soddy can play and has beat GPS, Ooltewah, WV, Red Bank, but hasn't beat Baylor. GPS can beat Baylor, Farragut, South, but hasn't beat Soddy. All of them have beat Ooltewah, but Red Bank has beat both DII schools in one week. So what does this mean?? Soddy-Daisy has depth so they get the #1 from me. Baylor has a great outside and a nice middle to boot. Reading the paper and watching the playdays, Tournaments, and reading SMDad, DS4L, COACH Jr it is a fun stab.

1. Soddy-Daisy

2. Baylor

3. GPS

4. Ooltewah

5. Red Bank

6. Signal Mt

7. Bradley Haven't heard that in years

8. Walker Valley

9. East Hamilton

10. Sale Creek

Not to ask for excuses but generally at the first of a season, if Schools would post their regular season matches on this site, this means the ball can start rolling. T realy does not care about playdays before the season but a number of fans on this site do try to post as many that can be verified on the site. T is not interested in out of State matches but a number will post to bring the State the information. The very hard times we have are in season Tournaments and they always have been. Getting someone to make sure those are posted on this site at the top under Tournaments from as many Tournaments that are held has always been a problem. It takes a while to do it and T has nelped as he can post those matches, he and his wife I believe. In addition they scour as many newspapers as they can for articles and post them on the Home page. So without help from some great fans to post scores, and get scores of Tournaments posted (there were 5 this past weekend from one end of the State to the other), this site doesnt give information. This is a fans, coaches, players site and does take some information. I can assure you it is frequented by a lot of people from all over the Country and for that matter all over the world. it is what it is. I have waited until about this time to post Middle Tennessee although I may have someone else do it and then since I have seen a lot of the schools, try to give a mid season top 15 rankings. Is it absolutely a sure thing. No. Will someone disagree and give reasons why they should be changed a little?yes. But the State can see who seems to be doing godd becasue as for the last two years there is a method to doing it. And the method is by trying to find out by District records and schedules. And then try to pick and choose. nothing hard, just time consuming but as we go along you might see what it looks like for the State Tournament. is there another way to do it, yes. Coacht has had a way to select his own in the past. A definite suggestion::::As CoachJohnson has stated and especially Coach T, schedules need to be put on the site and scores need to be posted. If that is done, its a piece of cake. If not the best way I can think is to have a couple of fans from each region try to round up these cats.

We are where we are and the infromation you have given so far is helpful and WE NEED IT. Thanks.

Edited by PHargis

a question for PHargis or anyone why are volleyball shorts made the way the are? Ive followed vball for about 5 years now and can't find a reason. do they allow you to jump better move quicker scoot on the floor? i know baskettball player wear compression shorts that help if sliding on the floor. How do the volleyball shorts add to or improve performance? if its tradition thats fine too? just looking for a reason? thanks

Almost halfway into season in Chattanooga. It depends on what a team has been eating that week to see who is the best. Soddy can play and has beat GPS, Ooltewah, WV, Red Bank, but hasn't beat Baylor. GPS can beat Baylor, Farragut, South, but hasn't beat Soddy. All of them have beat Ooltewah, but Red Bank has beat both DII schools in one week. So what does this mean?? Soddy-Daisy has depth so they get the #1 from me. Baylor has a great outside and a nice middle to boot. Reading the paper and watching the playdays, Tournaments, and reading SMDad, DS4L, COACH Jr it is a fun stab.

1. Soddy-Daisy

2. Baylor

3. GPS

4. Ooltewah

5. Red Bank

6. Signal Mt

8. Walker Valley

9. East Hamilton

10. Sale Creek

i've seen most the teams on your list play with the exception of GPS. the team has has impressed me the most is Baylor both the front line and back line are ready to kill the ball. if there was a sat for pushing the ball they wouls have least every shot seem to be a kill shot.

1. Soddy-Daisy

2. Baylor

3. GPS

4. Ooltewah

5. Red Bank

6. Signal Mt

8. Walker Valley

9. East Hamilton

10. Sale Creek

I'm glad you created the top 10 list, because I was struggling with it (and I didn't want Coach JJ to get mad at me). I think it probably is about right, except that East Hamilton probably needs to be ahead of Signal after the thrashing they gave us this week. Also, Hixson is really close to being on this list.

I'm not sure if you are a GPS follower, but Signal and GPS had a great match tonight - lots of hard hitting and 3 close games. We had GPS on the ropes by winning the first game 25-22 and jumping out to a lead in game 2, but GPS fought back to take the second game 29-27. GPS had played Hixson earlier in the night, so the teams played a best of 3, but played the third game to 25, and GPS jumped out early and held on to take it 25-22.

This should be a fun weekend at the Tandem, with most every team from Hamilton County and Bradley County participating; unfortunately, SMHS is sitting this one out after playing in tournaments for the past 3 weekends.

I'm glad you created the top 10 list, because I was struggling with it (and I didn't want Coach JJ to get mad at me). I think it probably is about right, except that East Hamilton probably needs to be ahead of Signal after the thrashing they gave us this week. Also, Hixson is really close to being on this list.

I'm not sure if you are a GPS follower, but Signal and GPS had a great match tonight - lots of hard hitting and 3 close games. We had GPS on the ropes by winning the first game 25-22 and jumping out to a lead in game 2, but GPS fought back to take the second game 29-27. GPS had played Hixson earlier in the night, so the teams played a best of 3, but played the third game to 25, and GPS jumped out early and held on to take it 25-22.

This should be a fun weekend at the Tandem, with most every team from Hamilton County and Bradley County participating; unfortunately, SMHS is sitting this one out after playing in tournaments for the past 3 weekends.

Soddy Daisy over Ooltewah 3-0 (25-20, 25-15, 25-16). Making a top 10 list is tough, but at least someone is doing it. Better you than me, your doing a good job.

SMDAD, I follow almost all schools in Chattanooga now because of Club. I'm a fan of Coach Brock, he has helped many players at all school in Chattanooga including my daughter. However, I love to beat him as well. It sounds like ya had a great match. Ya have your share of nice players and I expect to see your team in post season. Coach Johnson's side kick is a fun man always smiling especially when SD is winning. LOL My top 10 list was fun, but hard. You need to lookout for Baylor, they rolled GPS, beat SD. If the teams need help from the bench, I think SD has depth. I wish you team well at the Tennessee Tandom this weekend.