Centennial Thread

powercat

Cougs tack on one late.

FINAL

Overton 35

Centennial 21

Powercat and MyKidsDad be easy on Taco. He may be bent over the fence throwing up sick after this one.

How many points do the Rebels hang on the Cougs next week?

I thought Centennial played well. Overton did a good job passing the ball. Did not see taco on the fence. I looked for him,I even yelled his name a couple of times as I walked up and down the fence. When I did that a guy yelled back I will take two.

I thought Centennial played well. Overton did a good job passing the ball. Did not see taco on the fence. I looked for him,I even yelled his name a couple of times as I walked up and down the fence. When I did that a guy yelled back I will take two.

Ole Pancho may have got derailed at the truck stop. Look at the bright side, at least the video is still undefeated. :popcorneater:

Although I didn't go to the game, hearing that Overton managed to score 35 points this week should have the Cougars concerned. They had an extra week of preparation, not having played last week, and still (according to the score) couldn't shut down anything...

Franklin shouldn't overlook Centennial, since they always play their best game vs Franklin, as that might help them stay within two scores in the first half. But if they don't, then look for Franklin to take this one by storm in both the first and second halves. Either way, I see a big Franklin win.

Although I didn't go to the game, hearing that Overton managed to score 35 points this week should have the Cougars concerned. They had an extra week of preparation, not having played last week, and still (according to the score) couldn't shut down anything...

Franklin shouldn't overlook Centennial, since they always play their best game vs Franklin, as that might help them stay within two scores in the first half. But if they don't, then look for Franklin to take this one by storm in both the first and second halves. Either way, I see a big Franklin win.

Franklin is a much better team than Overton. Overton was able to pass easy on obvious downs and still did well. Franklin has a very good QB and their passing game is much better than Overton's. Centennial will need to find a way to stop this or it will be very long night.

Franklin is a much better team than Overton. Overton was able to pass easy on obvious downs and still did well. Franklin has a very good QB and their passing game is much better than Overton's. Centennial will need to find a way to stop this or it will be very long night.

It was obvious CHS sold out to stop the run. From the opening snap, their safeties were within 7-8 yds of the ball and giving run support. That part worked as OHS had little success running the ball but it was just a matter of time and execution before they got hurt by the pass. OHS won special teams with the recovered fumble on the kickoff and the big return after CHS cut it to 21-14. Also, someone screwed up as OHS got the ball to start both halves. The qb from CHS looks to be talented and I'm sure they will use the tight end more in coming weeks. Centennial appears to be undersized but played aggressively all night until running out of gas late in the game. Doubt they can beat FHS but eliminating turnovers and fixing the kick coverage team should allow them to be competitive thoughout the year.

Ole Pancho may have got derailed at the truck stop. Look at the bright side, at least the video is still undefeated. :popcorneater:

Had many pacing the fence for lil man taco. no one even close to what he described ..

Good ol ball coach taco better worry bout FHS putting up 50 next week instead of posting. Wonder how soon he will drop chs and pick a new team to support.......

Keep hiding

Oh, I'm definitely agreeing. I'm honestly expecting a score around Franklin 49 Centennial 10, or something like that, but because Franklin has been slow starting games, if Centennial plays their best game against franklin, the first half might only be 21-7, or 14-0, something like that. But I don't think there's any way Centennial will have a hope of shutting down both Kuivinen and the solid run game the Rebels have put together with Morrison, Black, Perkins, and Woods. And I don't expect CHS' offense to be able to do much, especially in the second half.

Its was definitely a disappointing night. Seeing receivers that were much slower than the dbs get behind Centennials secondary is inexcusable.

And for those looking for taco, you might need to get your eyes checked. Stood at the beginning of the fence the entire first quarter. Moved out to the chained area on the track during the second. Went to the stands for the half time show, back to the track entire second half. White shirt, plaid shorts, very tan. There all night. Sorry you missed me, sad that you care as much about me as the game.

The home crowd was huge and one of the most remarkable high school atmospheres I have ever seen. Centennial students are very well mannered kids and have fun and cheer great. A great change from the IHS home crowds.

Centennial has a way to go with the football program, but the building blocks are there from what I saw.

Its was definitely a disappointing night. Seeing receivers that were much slower than the dbs get behind Centennials secondary is inexcusable.

And for those looking for taco, you might need to get your eyes checked. Stood at the beginning of the fence the entire first quarter. Moved out to the chained area on the track during the second. Went to the stands for the half time show, back to the track entire second half. White shirt, plaid shorts, very tan. There all night. Sorry you missed me, sad that you care as much about me as the game.

The home crowd was huge and one of the most remarkable high school atmospheres I have ever seen. Centennial students are very well mannered kids and have fun and cheer great. A great change from the IHS home crowds.

Centennial has a way to go with the football program, but the building blocks are there from what I saw.

You were not there,I was there at all those locations. I do not care about you at all,just did not see you. The crowd was good and I am sure you could tell from where you were ,but you were not where you said because I was. As for the secondary play,they are much like you, inexcusable. Edited by powercat

You were not there,I was there at all those locations. I do not care about you at all,just did not see you. The crowd was good and I am sure you could tell from where you were ,but you were not where you said because I was. As for the secondary play,they are much like you, inexcusable.

There looked to be several thousand people there, and I am sure many were at those locations too. So what is your point? I was even right in front of the scoreboard when it cut out. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever encountered. You folks are boorish baffoons.

I tell you what, pc, why dont you describe yourself to me. I gave a very accurate description of myself but you didnt find me. Since you are not very competent, why dont I look for you at the next game?

I never heard anyone wandering around calling "taco" but I bet that was a comical sight and I wish I had seen it. Would I have responded to it? Probably not because why would I respond to someone who is known as loudmouth whose unlady like behavior includes foul language and a Franklin version of Talladega Nights?

There looked to be several thousand people there, and I am sure many were at those locations too. So what is your point? I was even right in front of the scoreboard when it cut out. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever encountered. You folks are boorish baffoons.

I tell you what, pc, why dont you describe yourself to me. I gave a very accurate description of myself but you didnt find me. Since you are not very competent, why dont I look for you at the next game?

I never heard anyone wandering around calling "taco" but I bet that was a comical sight and I wish I had seen it. Would I have responded to it? Probably not because why would I respond to someone who is known as loudmouth whose unlady like behavior includes foul language and a Franklin version of Talladega Nights?

I will gladly do that prior to the next game. Give me your phone number and I will call you today. Also, The receivers getting behind the secondary is not what beat them. The DC had no idea how to cover 4 verticals the way they were playing.That is how they scored twice. A junior pro coach knows how to defend that. I will look forward to seeing you and I will not be hard to find. Also when I was yelling taco,one lady said that a dog just went by and asked was I looking for my dog.She said he was very small and I said yes,I am looking for small dog.

Edited by powercat