Centennial Thread

powercat

I bet you do like his posts chsteamplayer: aka: retiredtothebleachers and as we all know TACO!

Go Rebels. I will tell you right now. Rebels win big next Friday. Hey, Taco it might be best for you not to show up this week it is going to get ugly. :shock:

So anyone the says anything positive about Centennial is Taco, right? There are lots of tacos out there then.

Keep it positive people, this is about high school football with young men working hard. The lowest common denominator on this message board usually becomes ignorance, and it looks to be coming from the adults. Can that be avoided for a little while?

See for yourself by clicking HERE.

I think it's a little premature to be writing off the Cougars. It was their first game and they played like it. They will improve.

EXCELLENT video! Will truly help me complete my notes for work.

Turnovers, kick coverage...pretty well covers it.

Must admit I still haven't figured out the move by Coach Anderson to throw for the final touchdown with less than 3 minutes left. That kind of stuff will come back to haunt you eventually.

EXCELLENT video! Will truly help me complete my notes for work.

Turnovers, kick coverage...pretty well covers it.

Must admit I still haven't figured out the move by Coach Anderson to throw for the final touchdown with less than 3 minutes left. That kind of stuff will come back to haunt you eventually.

Coach Anderson is a quality man and coach. He is one of the most respected coaches in the city. Centennial should have been prepared to stop the pass three minutes to go is still a good amount of time in a game. Did the goal line incident and trash picking up really happen. CHS beats FHS my prediction.

C-C-CHS Nation, There is always two sides to every story...

The story all summer revolved around the arrival of Coach Brian "lil' Saban" Rector and his entourage onto the Cougar's Campus. He rode into town from his sabattical at Western Kentucky upon majestic steeds of past success and promises of future championships. He preached a gospel to the oppressed football program at Centennial that promised the land of "milk and honey". He spoke of bringing these children out of the "red-headed-step-child" role they had played over the past 13 years. And in all reality, who could oppose him? He had taken the upstart Ravenwood Raptors to the state finals twice, and won once. He was THE coach Rector... Many believed him to be the messiah of Centennial football. He brought words like "Character", "Commitment", and "Courage", he brought new uniforms, to the CHS community he brought hope... They say patience is a virtue, well the wait was supposed to be over.

Friday night August 28, 2011 revealed Rector to be a trickster Messiah as the other side of the story was shown to CHS nation. Once again Centennial is 0-1, and it appears to be the same song just a different verse. Regardless of a new look the Cougars still seemed sloppy on the field, and made the same mistakes that Centennial faithful have become accustomed too. I was under the impression that "Lil' Saban" was the remedy to these Friday night woes? Behind the guise of "Character, Commitment, Courage" many Centennial athletes littered the stands after Rector had called these 15, 16, and 17 kids "not-good-enough". Rector has taken groups of kids who chose to attend to CHS in order to stay with their friends; The same friends that they had played football with since the Franklin Cowboy ages and broke the kids up by declaring who was "in" and who was "out". Friday night found Rector's Cougars also deemed "not-good-enough", and after a loss to Overton High School (which nobody expected) "Lil' Saban" continued to assert his totalitarian regime... He proceeded to force the kids to line up across the goal line (in full pads & helmets) and tear into them over their performance for a solid 15 minutes. After which he made the broken team clean up the field (still in pads and helmets) while he retreated to his lair to marinate in his disgust. He sure dictated to those kids who was in charge. On Friday night Rector asserted his status as the "Mass'a" of Centennial High.

Maybe Rector's C-C-C was meant to represent the "Cleaning Cougar Custodians"

Wow, your bitterness cup overflows.

I bet you do like his posts chsteamplayer: aka: retiredtothebleachers and as we all know TACO!

Go Rebels. I will tell you right now. Rebels win big next Friday. Hey, Taco it might be best for you not to show up this week it is going to get ugly. :shock:

TACO has to show up as he is eubanks .

Question can chs hold fhs to under 40 pts

Also one major point it was Overton second game and a team makes its greatest improvements from week one to week 2 Centennial will do the same.

I agree that Centennial will improve for week 2 AND will play tough because they're playing their rival. The only part that goes against this logic is Franklin got better from week 1 to week 2 also and will be even better for week 3!

Good luck to both!

Coach Anderson is a quality man and coach. He is one of the most respected coaches in the city. Centennial should have been prepared to stop the pass three minutes to go is still a good amount of time in a game. Did the goal line incident and trash picking up really happen. CHS beats FHS my prediction.

So what do you want to bet gambler? NO WAY chs beats fhs! Just will not happen. After watching overton pass on centennial I will say Matt gets 4 td pass and Rebels win 41-18. Too much for sorry old centennial.

So what do you want to bet gambler? NO WAY chs beats fhs! Just will not happen. After watching overton pass on centennial I will say Matt gets 4 td pass and Rebels win 41-18. Too much for sorry old centennial.

They will correct the mistakes passing Cent should worry more about stopping the run of Franklin. The streak has to end sometime and now Centennial will come out in practice this week with a vengeance. Im a gambler so we will seewhat happens. Gotta love the upset.

Gambler-don't misunderstand. I agree with your assessment of Coach Anderson and that's after many years of watching and working around him in many capacities. Guess I just expected the old "hand-off right, hand-off left" offensive scheme at that point. In the moment, I think a score, TD or FG, was inevitable.

And yes, Coach Rector lined everybody up on the south goal line for the post-game meeting. Every coach has a post game gathering. Most do it in a circle; he didn't. Big deal. To call it an, "incident," puts a personal agenda slant on it that doesn't fit. And yeah, I know that wasn't your word.

As for the cleaning, IMHO, he was teaching the kids to take care of the things they have (putting away the "carpet" from both sides and moving benches) rather than just "cleaning". It's called personal responsibility, something that is lacking in some teams.

One thing is for sure...the Cougars and Rector appear to be the newest lightning rod in Williamson County. Just wait until Scot Keasler and the freshmen and sophomores at Summit grow up.....

Gambler-don't misunderstand. I agree with your assessment of Coach Anderson and that's after many years of watching and working around him in many capacities. Guess I just expected the old "hand-off right, hand-off left" offensive scheme at that point. In the moment, I think a score, TD or FG, was inevitable.

And yes, Coach Rector lined everybody up on the south goal line for the post-game meeting. Every coach has a post game gathering. Most do it in a circle; he didn't. Big deal. To call it an, "incident," puts a personal agenda slant on it that doesn't fit. And yeah, I know that wasn't your word.

As for the cleaning, IMHO, he was teaching the kids to take care of the things they have (putting away the "carpet" from both sides and moving benches) rather than just "cleaning". It's called personal responsibility, something that is lacking in some teams.

One thing is for sure...the Cougars and Rector appear to be the newest lightning rod in Williamson County. Just wait until Scot Keasler and the freshmen and sophomores at Summit grow up.....

Friday night, I had the good fortune to sit next to two Ravenwood alums who were at CHS as a show of support for Rector. Both are recent college graduates who mentioned several times the discipline and attention to detail they learned playing football continues to serve them well. Their respect for Rector was obvious so while his tactics may not be well received by some, they apparently are positive for most.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now that Centennial has played two games against the best public school in Metro and the best public school in Williamson County where is the program at this point. Rector has made a few happy and a few mad,is this program heading in the right direction or is Centennial going be like other years. Antioch should be a game to help evaluate this team.