Lane College

TSPNNEWS

2011 Lane College Media Day

Lane College Media Day was 8/13/11 at Lane Stadium

2011 Lane College Football Preseason Preview

TSPN NEWS Proudly Presents Your 2011 Preseason Media Guide for your Lane College Dragons

Media Day is scheduled for 8/13/11 at 8:00 a.m. at Lane Stadium

Quick Lane College Football Facts

Lane College is coming off their second 0-10 season

Lane was outscored by 194 points in 2010. (Lane 12o Points to Opp 314)

Lane College Passing Yards Averaged 64.7 yards a game to OPP 145.7 yards Per Game

Lane’s Rushing Last Year 1208 yards an Average of 3.0 yards per carry and 120.8 per game While Opponents Averaged 145.7 yards per game

Rushing Touchdowns 13 While Opponents Managed 22 TD’s Against Lane

201o Total Offense 1855 yards vs OPP which massed 3045 yards

What does this mean for The Dragons? They must find ways to put up more points and control the game. On third down last year the dragons were 39-125 for only 31%. Lane must find a running game to alleviate some pressure out of their QB. Last year QB TAJ DENT was 65 of 126 with 8 int’s for 625 yards with 4 touchdowns. Lane’s offense must get into more short yardage third down situations.

Good News For The Dragons

The Defense Returns 4 starters which ranked 6 in the conference last year. The Defense needs to create turnovers and help control field position. The defense led by Coach Burroughs must step up and lead the Dragons’ Football Team to its first win since November 1, 2008. Derek Burroughs has recruited some athletes and will turn Lane into a powerhouse.

Offensive Issues

Lane will switch to the spread offense this year. Lane Offensively needs to get first downs and keep the ball moving. They must limit turnovers and score points in the red zone. The Dragon’s Offense returns only 2 starters and has struggled the last two seasons. Special Teams needs to help the offense out and get positive returns and help Lane control field position which the Dragons desperately need positive field possession to get The Dragons back to winning and hopefully get rid of the goose egg Lane has carried the last two seasons.