Bearden Volleyball

bigbluevolley

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This site really is not a site to pick a coach to death or for that matter a person posting. Criticizing a coach or each other is against the rules. Conversations are usually not tolerated. My point was criticizing a coaching style or a coach is not usually tolerated. It does happen though and a lot of people read this site. You might want to look at the rules sometime. Really no one knows how and why this happened the way it did. We just report facts and go on to the next match. Good luck to all.

Thanks for the clarification. Now if I may...

The forum does not make the users, the users make the forum. I understand there are rules, but in this case nothing slanderous or malicious has been said. When a coach is not invested in a team there is an issue. As I said earlier ITT the athletes in all sports put in way too much time and effort to represent their school and their classmates to not have that effort matched by their coaches.

In the post that you replied to I expressed a sign of things looking up for Bearden as they now have an assistant who is interested in coaching the players up so that they may realize their potential as individuals and as a team. Thats encouraging. If you are standing up for the Bearden coach then come out and say it, but until then don't discourage others from bringing fresh ideas and observations to the forum.

This forum serves a much bigger purpose than score updates and tournament schedules. It is an online community of fans, and a platform for us to share our thoughts and feelings as it pertains to highschool sports in our area. We don't need a referree.

Admiral, I think you misunderstood my post but I have understood yours. This site is for what you suggest but according to the posted rules would not be for the purpose of soliciting business. I don't think you are doing that but if someone was trying, to the explanation you have given, it would fit both. This site, from my viewpoint, is informational and fan based site. Every coach is invested in their team, some more than others. Some are teachers and some are not but a lot of systems require it. Yes, there are coaches who are not and are paid by various sources but there are rules in the Public School System to go by and generally there is a way to do it. Schools know it. I think I'm in an area which is gray since this thread is taking the road it is. BBV asked some questions about a coaching situation. I suggested a way of approaching it thru channels for a parent. That was safe and then gave him a secure vehicle to communicate with whoever he wants. I excused myself. What happens after that is history. CoachT runs this site and it is his. He makes the rules. I am really not used to a Coach being criticized by a poster on this site unless its done by the owner of the site. He can do anything he wants. If its done by a third party with the possibility of a financial interest, and I'm not saying it is, you can see the problem. He sells advertisement. All of that can be done a different way and is done that way all over the State. I am sure you are not involved in something like that and I don't care. But if you are I think for disclosure sake you need to say so. You then need to deal with CoachT. I am in the promotional end of the sport with my involvement, nothing financial. I am not not involved in a war between Clubs nor do I promote one against another. Thats financial and this is not as far as I'm concerned. Refereeing is an interesting term. Anytime anyone wants to contest the way this site is run, Coach T has an email. He is fair. You saying that tells me you dont have an understanding of the site. I am not a moderator. Each sport though does have a moderator. Coacht is an administrator. There is an organization. Your posts are insightful and thoughtful and personally I enjoy them. I enjoy every one who posts. I dont enjoy posters who misrepresent facts and downgrade coaches. Sometimes it done in a way of not understanding how the system works. Anyone can answer any post. I answer too many and have been told so but keeping the flow going has kept the site going. I am not affiliated with any organization and if there is any question from any poster as to whether rules are being violated by posting something,Coach T is the one to email and he will be prompt in answering or someone else will answer.

I am sorry you feel confined by this answer because if I were you I would feel so. I will always be for a Coach but nothing makes me feel more uncomfortable than to see a post not knowing from what angle its being written.

I am SURE you have a Web site and at times Play4Keeps gives posters the opportunity to put, for profit, information on the site for services rendered for this sport from all over the State for anyone interested.

Looking at your posts, I think I know where you are coming from with your post on this matter. If I have not given you due

recognition with anything I have posted, it has not been intentional but only facts that I have known them. You can get me @ PHargis@aol.com if this dialogue needs to continue or thru the email at Coacht.

• 3 weeks later...

Admiral, I think you misunderstood my post but I have understood yours. This site is for what you suggest but according to the posted rules would not be for the purpose of soliciting business. I don't think you are doing that but if someone was trying, to the explanation you have given, it would fit both. This site, from my viewpoint, is informational and fan based site. Every coach is invested in their team, some more than others. Some are teachers and some are not but a lot of systems require it. Yes, there are coaches who are not and are paid by various sources but there are rules in the Public School System to go by and generally there is a way to do it. Schools know it. I think I'm in an area which is gray since this thread is taking the road it is. BBV asked some questions about a coaching situation. I suggested a way of approaching it thru channels for a parent. That was safe and then gave him a secure vehicle to communicate with whoever he wants. I excused myself. What happens after that is history. CoachT runs this site and it is his. He makes the rules. I am really not used to a Coach being criticized by a poster on this site unless its done by the owner of the site. He can do anything he wants. If its done by a third party with the possibility of a financial interest, and I'm not saying it is, you can see the problem. He sells advertisement. All of that can be done a different way and is done that way all over the State. I am sure you are not involved in something like that and I don't care. But if you are I think for disclosure sake you need to say so. You then need to deal with CoachT. I am in the promotional end of the sport with my involvement, nothing financial. I am not not involved in a war between Clubs nor do I promote one against another. Thats financial and this is not as far as I'm concerned. Refereeing is an interesting term. Anytime anyone wants to contest the way this site is run, Coach T has an email. He is fair. You saying that tells me you dont have an understanding of the site. I am not a moderator. Each sport though does have a moderator. Coacht is an administrator. There is an organization. Your posts are insightful and thoughtful and personally I enjoy them. I enjoy every one who posts. I dont enjoy posters who misrepresent facts and downgrade coaches. Sometimes it done in a way of not understanding how the system works. Anyone can answer any post. I answer too many and have been told so but keeping the flow going has kept the site going. I am not affiliated with any organization and if there is any question from any poster as to whether rules are being violated by posting something,Coach T is the one to email and he will be prompt in answering or someone else will answer.

I am sorry you feel confined by this answer because if I were you I would feel so. I will always be for a Coach but nothing makes me feel more uncomfortable than to see a post not knowing from what angle its being written.

I am SURE you have a Web site and at times Play4Keeps gives posters the opportunity to put, for profit, information on the site for services rendered for this sport from all over the State for anyone interested.

Looking at your posts, I think I know where you are coming from with your post on this matter. If I have not given you due

recognition with anything I have posted, it has not been intentional but only facts that I have known them. You can get me @ PHargis@aol.com if this dialogue needs to continue or thru the email at Coacht.

Too long; didn't read.