Knoxville Volleyball

K2ruth

Now that the KIL and Early Bird are history, maybe we can get a clear look at the top Knoxville teams.

Several Farragut posters (and the local paper) were touting the Lady Admirals, but as expected the best area team is Anderson County, by a mile.

AC has the best setter, libero, and hitters and they are young. They beat Farragut, at Farragut, and almost won a tough early bird. The only other Knoxville team to make the gold was Farragut who AC put out in the 1st round.

Each should win their district, but Farragut could be upset early.

Hardin Valley looked good, so did Webb and Heritage. Karns is not in the top 10 which is too much of a drop off for a team that made state the last 2 years. Oak Ridge is also weak. Catholic and CAK are good (I think Catholic could win their district) and I liked Grace Christian. Bearden and Maryville will be good.

Here is my new ranking.

1)Anderson County (by alot)

2)Farragut

3)Hardin Valley

4)Catholic

5)Webb

6)Heritage

7)CAK

8)Grace Christian

9)Bearden

10)Maryville

What surprised me is AC has 6 or 7 college prospects, and only 1 club player. What do they have in the water.

Now that the KIL and Early Bird are history, maybe we can get a clear look at the top Knoxville teams.

Several Farragut posters (and the local paper) were touting the Lady Admirals, but as expected the best area team is Anderson County, by a mile.

AC has the best setter, libero, and hitters and they are young. They beat Farragut, at Farragut, and almost won a tough early bird. The only other Knoxville team to make the gold was Farragut who AC put out in the 1st round.

Each should win their district, but Farragut could be upset early.

Hardin Valley looked good, so did Webb and Heritage. Karns is not in the top 10 which is too much of a drop off for a team that made state the last 2 years. Oak Ridge is also weak. Catholic and CAK are good (I think Catholic could win their district) and I liked Grace Christian. Bearden and Maryville will be good.

Here is my new ranking.

1)Anderson County (by alot)

2)Farragut

3)Hardin Valley

4)Catholic

5)Webb

6)Heritage

7)CAK

8)Grace Christian

9)Bearden

10)Maryville

What surprised me is AC has 6 or 7 college prospects, and only 1 club player. What do they have in the water.

K2 should not be so quick to post (by a lot) ..... They did win in 3 but it was a hard fought game on both sides with 2 points separation on the 3rd ... It is a little early to post your number one status for East Knoxville.

• 2 weeks later...

K2 should not be so quick to post (by a lot) ..... They did win in 3 but it was a hard fought game on both sides with 2 points separation on the 3rd ... It is a little early to post your number one status for East Knoxville.

The scores we're extremely close and the score between these two teams is now 3-3 in 2 matches this year IIRC. Is anyone interested in biased ranks? Not me.

Speaking of Knoxville volleyball, I heard that Webb's libero committed to UT. Can anyone confirm this?

Have AC and Farragut played more than once? According to the paper they have only played 1 time when AC beat them at the Early Bird????

The paper has AC with only 1 loss which was the finals of the early bird, am I missing something?

What is Farraguts record? Have they played Harin Valley yet?

AdmiralGlascow, I checked unapproved website and I only see where Farragut and Anderson County have played 1 time, and Anderson County won. That was in the early bird tournament at Farragut. When did they play the second time? Was it last night? I didn't see any score in the paper. What were the game scores?

Also, did Farragut lose to GPS in 2 in Chattanooga? I did not think GPS was that strong, did Farragut have someone hurt?

Has Hardin Valley played either Farragut or Anderson County yet? No one is talking about them, but I think they look fantastic and have alot of club involvement. This is a new school and you better watch them, because their athletics have gotten good in a hurry. It would not surprise me if they win the region. They beat Karns in 4 last week.

Orcat, They didn't have anyone hurt. GPS beat everyone they played this past weekend. If they gane a most improved award from week 1 to know GPS would get it. They didn't show a lot in the choo choo playday. South beat them without a problem then. They beat South twice this weekend before beating farragut. I got a text that Red Bank beat GPS in 5.

AdmiralGlascow, I checked unapproved website and I only see where Farragut and Anderson County have played 1 time, and Anderson County won. That was in the early bird tournament at Farragut. When did they play the second time? Was it last night? I didn't see any score in the paper. What were the game scores?

Also, did Farragut lose to GPS in 2 in Chattanooga? I did not think GPS was that strong, did Farragut have someone hurt?

Has Hardin Valley played either Farragut or Anderson County yet? No one is talking about them, but I think they look fantastic and have alot of club involvement. This is a new school and you better watch them, because their athletics have gotten good in a hurry. It would not surprise me if they win the region. They beat Karns in 4 last week.

I am pretty sure AG is referring to the play day at Anderson when Farragut won over Anderson County. Yes, to Hardin Valley - but again a play day, and yes, Farragut won.

Yes, Farragut lost to GPS in 2 in Chattanooga in the gold bracket play after GPS beat Sullivan South in the final four. No one was hurt. Farragut played 10 games back to back with no break (with the exception of the drive from Red Bank to East Ridge) with GPS getting a needed rest before Gold Bracket championship. Hopefully Farragut will get a chance to play GPS next weekend.

When did Anderson County ever host a playday? Are you sure?

Does Farragut count playday wins on their record? I thought you only counted regular season wins and losses?

The way he posted it made it sound like Farragut had beaten AC for real. Does Farragut always count play days as real matches? Who else does that?

When did Anderson County ever host a playday? Are you sure?

Does Farragut count playday wins on their record? I thought you only counted regular season wins and losses?

The way he posted it made it sound like Farragut had beaten AC for real. Does Farragut always count play days as real matches? Who else does that?

They don't count play days...it was pre season...and it is not in the overall record...can't speak for AG but I read it as FHS had just played AC and beat them...thats it...why read more in to it than that???

It was the best out of 5 and Farragut won....pretty sure the girls on both sides of the net thought it was real....some may be relieved that it was just a dream

Edited by loyaladmiral