Knoxville Volleyball

K2ruth

PH, thanks for the update on Pageman. Tell him I send my best, and that I miss seeing those old suspenders!!!! He, Cowboys Up, the Ghost and the Great Line Judge and I had some good times. Hard to believe that almost 10 years has past! My next volleyball will probably be grandkids.

I read in the Knoxville paper today an article about AC winning their district. Way to keep the tradition alive. Do they still do the Maverick Rumble?

My friend from TN has a daughter that plays at Oak Ridge and he says that the AC setter, Hayak? is something to watch.

Good luck everybody, don't tournaments start soon?

Sorry for getting back to yu a little late. You certainly go back futher on this site than I do but even the names you mention go back some 7-8 years even the Great Line Judge but we are missing him also. Cu shows up some time. Yes AC did win their District again and yes Tournaments will start soon on Volleyball and playoffs on football. Yes this year as many others have some great volleyball players and and it seems the skills get better every year and the coaching. For some reason AC really didn't have to worry about coaching but I won't get into that. And your story still keeps circulating from year to year about AC Volleyball being home grown. Some say it is and some not but your promotion certainly is alive and especially your stories about brats. Your support of District 3 and 4 in volleyball is rather legendary in these circles and many of us know in was more than just by word. Some of us think you had a little more than skin in the game. Bratman, for more than 10 years you keep coming back and we appreciate it. Hope your health is good where you are and the weather is to your choosing. Keep up with this site for

action in the State Tournament.

PH...To answer your questions. I do not have a website. I am a high school football, basketball and volleyball fan (in that order). I own my own business (not sports related) and yes I do make a profit on it. Thank goodness!!! I have a passion for high school sports and that is why I am on this site. When you said this was a coaches forum it kinda through me for a loop..Yes I have children that play high school and club volleyball and they love the sport. I am happy to answer any questions that you would like. I am not here to hide behind a fake name or investigate why people say what they say.

BRB, if you would look at the Demographics of this site you will discover you are not alone. But there are a lot of young people on this site who are high school age and a lot of your age group and young professionals the last I looked. I thought about someones question about defining and I happen to think its a good one. If you have kids and have grown up with them, who among us has not tried to coach them in some way in athletics or in other ways. Just that one thought tells me that coaching is one of the largest catagories on this site. And to Coach means one must have some knowledge of what you are talking about or you might get embarassed by your kids very quickly. What seems to be pretty clear, the coaches on this site might come from a number of areas and a number of skills and they do. If you look at the Bio of Coacht and it is there for all to see, when he started this site he was a coach but drew from others he knew and the expertise they had and built on it. You are correct I may have used the wrong term but I did use it broadly as was my concept and how those who post might use their vast wealth of knowledge to advise someone else. After a few years on this site , again I might have expressed it wrong but sometimes one just knows what seems to be the current trend and when something starts in a direction that for some time has not met current practices, maybe a suggestion just to talk about it is the best. I don't own this site and the way the owner has expressed how in runs it in the press gives me a good idea how its run. I help him with the sites I have and had some involvement in for the past 7-8 years. The past 7-8 years the contacts have been great and if you keep posting it will be good for you also to keep up with things tht are going on. While I am wandering, the way this site is organized is the way it is becasue of ownership. If it is not his desire, he will change it or take someone elses suggestion. You can email him or a moderator anytime. Either will be glad to explain policy. But just an observation of his organization can explain how and why everything is parceled out like it is and why he has sometimes a heavy hand. IMO, he might have a copywright on what he has that likely he does not want broken but I am unsure. He seems to be Nationwide now. Edited by PHargis

I think they get overlooked for being in the toughest Knoxville district. AC, HV and Karns are pretty good. If Halls were in Farraguts district they would be second or third. They don't play with alot of confidence and the better teams make them look bad.

Webb is fantastic. They have a senior who just signed to play at UT, and is probably the second best player in town. You have to remember Webb was state runner-up 2 years ago when east TN almost ran the table!

Edited by orcat

With all respect, and I can assure you that is the case, it has been reported in the News that a Coach who just has gotten 700 wins in the Knoxville area got his State Championship I believe in 1982 or thereabouts. It was the last one gotten in the Knoxville area in public schools since that time. I think the quote was in error because only becasue of Anderson. Webb might be an iffy becasue of Private School Status but however many they have is legitimate but an asterik might go by any records becasue no one knows which Division they go in due to them changing divisions it seems every year. Evidently they can change any time they want. No rules, no structure, wild west(sorry, east). Yes, their libero is pretty good and Tennessee wanted this player. I watched the film on her and she had to earn the look in summer play. May not be during school play.

Except for Anderson maybe we need to list the schools that have competed for the State in the State Level in District 2, 3, 4 and those who won it. Until those who are concerned with the fact that the last time I checked the Middle Schools around Knoxville don't even compete with each other much less even have teams, nobody even cares. Knox is just a football county and females don't play football and if thats not a Title 9 issue then nothing really is and you can just turn your head and blink.

And then someone gets on this site and explains how tough the Districts are and if you look at the schedules the best teams have, they could be considered not the stiffest.

This post has to do with what is happening in Districts 2, 3, and 4. Nothing else.And if what is happening to help the situation in Knoxville is truly is happening, and the rest of the State is just smiling in unbelief, what has taken so long and it looks as if Anderson has been leaned on too long to supposedly compete in lower levels, and everyone else posts about them as a poster child for three Districts.

Great large schools in the Districts allow little ole other AAA's to wipe them out. Its obvious, no programs and no desire to do better and then as a comparison someone tries to bring in Chattanooga or Upper East Tennessee as schools who make the region look better. And then, which has gotten me on this rant, a three to four year school Hardin Valley just walk in with some interest and someone posts they sure are doing good. And the answer is or might be.........................(you fill in the blanks. You can do it better than me. I just look in from the outside. I do see what is happening. Its more than advertising.)

Excuse my thoughts, your programs, if there are any are non existant.

You are not even in your comfort zone, you are pre comfort zone.

Do you have knowledgable people, Yes? Do they want it better? Sounds like it. And then all of the complaints about a school last year, from karns, going to State. At least they did make an effort and this year just waiting for the commplaints about Hardin making the rest look bad when the rest, players and coaches just watch and complain. You can do better. I'm out.

On the first issue,not going to respomd.

I will respond on the second, since no one else has. Both posters post their own thoughts and I have never seen any any occasion that anyone has stopped the other from making sure their position is clear and precise no matter whether you agree with it or not and many may have disagreed in the past 2-3 years. This is an interesting site becasue of those two and many others.

Ageed. It's just that one seems to appear when the other disappears, both seem more than literate, and both seem to have an unhealthy affection for all things AC.

As for your rant, many of your points apply to places well beyond districts 2-4. I'm sure there are plenty in the mid-state that fit your description well.