Knoxville Volleyball

K2ruth

I just dont understand how a high school coach can ask her team to give 100% if the coach isnt willing to as well. The players are trying their best to pass, set, and hit the ball. They are doing everything in their power to help their team and get a point. If the coach is not playing the ones that are the best players on the team (at that given time), then the coach is not giving 100% and letting the players down.

As an AC volleyball fan, I come to this board on occasion to get some scoop, but this is almost unbearable. The constant petty shots taken by some on here get tiresome, but I guess this is the product of a sport almost entirely driven by Clubs. It doesn't matter how many name changes some of you go through the agendas can not be hidden. At least, orcat is honest and forthright in her attacks on the Farragut coach(every post) and her obvious coach crush on the AC staff. I will stick to the other boards from now on and get my info from their college level coaching infrastructure. Go Lady Mavs...to the State...

As an AC volleyball fan, I come to this board on occasion to get some scoop, but this is almost unbearable. The constant petty shots taken by some on here get tiresome, but I guess this is the product of a sport almost entirely driven by Clubs. It doesn't matter how many name changes some of you go through the agendas can not be hidden. At least, orcat is honest and forthright in her attacks on the Farragut coach(every post) and her obvious coach crush on the AC staff. I will stick to the other boards from now on and get my info from their college level coaching infrastructure. Go Lady Mavs...to the State...

Chill just come back and tolerate it. Oracat's crush on Oak Ridge's coach disappeared when she moved to AC. But all of that doesn't matter. Yes, Club does post on here but this is a High School coaching forum, It doesn't some people affilitated with high Schools are not with or own a club. They do.

I guess to be a part of this forum you must have been blessed enough to have bought a home in a school district that has a really good volleyball program. It does not matter rather you like or dis-like club ball. If volleyball was left up to the high school coaches alone, then Tennessee would be even further down the ladder then we already are. If you are lucky enough to be in a school that actually cares about volleyball instead of using it as a conditioning sport for basketball, then I am happy for you. But, if you are very serious about volleyball and happen to be in a rural area that is lucky to even have a program, then you might see what my shoes feel like a little.

We could have moved into a better athletic school, but then my children have to move schools, start new friends, etc. I dont think that is right, to move just because of sports. That is why we have club ball. I would have loved to have my kids coached by great school coaches in middle school and high school and not had to use club. I would have loved to kept all that money and vacation time and used it for something else like college tuition, home improvements, new cars, or something else. But, my kids love to play and want to learn the sport to the fullest, and play it more than just 3 months a year.

We are having a good time with high school. Our coach really tries and does a pretty good job for the amount of support we get. My only gripes have been playing seniors instead of the better players, but that is not much to gripe about. I have only reponded to posts that I thought I had something to say. I cant talk much about going out of town with our school team and competing with middle Tennessee teams, or finishing in the top of our district with the chances of going to regionals and state. Thats not going to happen. But its OK.

I just like to see activity in the threads.

Chill just come back and tolerate it. Oracat's crush on Oak Ridge's coach disappeared when she moved to AC. But all of that doesn't matter. Yes, Club does post on here but this is a High School coaching forum, It doesn't some people affilitated with high Schools are not with or own a club. They do.

PHargis...This is a high school coaching forum????? Really??? I thought this said Volleyball forum. You mean that all these people are coaches on here?? Wow!!!! I would love for the moderator (not you Phargis) to difine what this forum is all about. If this is a coaches forum then I'm guessing a lot of people need to leave. Including myself. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought this forum was to discuss volleyball with EVERYONE..

I appreciate your comments and posts. Your viewpoints and activity on this site are watched with a great deal of interest. It is obvious that Club is important to Volleyball. Its also obvious that each Club has their own web site in the summer and advertises what they do and I for one watch it carefully also along with the SRVA Standings. That is the season for Volleyball Summer. I have mentioned on a thread, standings of SRVA only in passing. Coach T allowed me to do that. The only fact in all of this thats important is this site is for High School players, schools, Yes the two overlap and of course the two have coaches who coach in both and the two are an important part of the total volleyball experience. This site is what it is and can be enjoyed in a perspective which it was started. Everyone enjoys your posts I am sure and like you to continue. Its imperative you do. there is a thread on this site to advertise and acknowledge a for profit entity.

I agree, there has been little discussion on here about club!

Congrats to Hardin Valley for beating Karns and Oak Ridge to finish second in the district. They have only had a school for 3 years and have come a long way. There was a great article in the Knoxville News Sentinel today about last night matches. Expect HV to make some noise in the Regional Tournament. HV will be a nightmare opponent in the first round of the Regions.

Great season Lady Hawks, keep it going.

PHargis...This is a high school coaching forum????? Really??? I thought this said Volleyball forum. You mean that all these people are coaches on here?? Wow!!!! I would love for the moderator (not you Phargis) to difine what this forum is all about. If this is a coaches forum then I'm guessing a lot of people need to leave. Including myself. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought this forum was to discuss volleyball with EVERYONE..

You are correct from that viewpoint. This is a volleyball forum on Coacht.com. it is not for High School coaches exclusively. Coaches or people who have coached are on here. Coaching may mean a lot of things. It winds up that becasue of interest it winds up being for everyone and thats what it was set up for , Now if you would like it defined, I would expect that could be arranged. I believe you would qualify if you like Volleyball or any other sport. If you are travel ball there is a forum for that. For some reason there has been some advertisement showing up. Unless policy has changed CT has handled those istuations himself in the past. Play4keeps is one of the moderators and is reponsible for seperating any defining which as you can see at the top of the forum she has done. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding but if you search Coacht.com you can find the way to get to her. If you are asking should Club people be posting on this, if you have your own web site site, Certainly. If you are asking if Clubs schould be advertising, thats out of my paygrade and you can do anything you want but past practices might be an answer. Your inquiry will give you an answer. i might ask, what are you asking for. What do you want to do that you have not had the opportunity to do. You evidently are involed in Volleyball or a sport. Do you have a Web site? Do you make a [profit in what you do? I don't expect an answer to these questions nor am I trying to be argumentative. The reason I'm asking is I have questioned the policy in the past. Coacht does whatever he wants with this site. With some 85000 viewers he provides a service. If he allows advertisment, it is his choice and he never tells the viewers. It just shows up. At times he puts notices explaining the policy. If you nhave your own web site, its just as easy to use your own I would think.

PH, thanks for the update on Pageman. Tell him I send my best, and that I miss seeing those old suspenders!!!! He, Cowboys Up, the Ghost and the Great Line Judge and I had some good times. Hard to believe that almost 10 years has past! My next volleyball will probably be grandkids.

I read in the Knoxville paper today an article about AC winning their district. Way to keep the tradition alive. Do they still do the Maverick Rumble?

My friend from TN has a daughter that plays at Oak Ridge and he says that the AC setter, Hayak? is something to watch.

Good luck everybody, don't tournaments start soon?

PH...To answer your questions. I do not have a website. I am a high school football, basketball and volleyball fan (in that order). I own my own business (not sports related) and yes I do make a profit on it. Thank goodness!!! I have a passion for high school sports and that is why I am on this site. When you said this was a coaches forum it kinda through me for a loop..Yes I have children that play high school and club volleyball and they love the sport. I am happy to answer any questions that you would like. I am not here to hide behind a fake name or investigate why people say what they say.

Edited by bigredbuck