Franklin Rebels (14-0) vs Centennial Cougars (0-14)

comegetsome

I can't believe this board hasn't gotten started yet, so I thought I'd get it cracked open.

This is supposedly the Battle of Franklin. The only battle in this one the last couple of years has been more off the field than on with all of the re-zoning. Centennial claims that they should just be the true Franklin HS, while Franklin complains that they are the ONLY school that has to go out of their school zone just to have a homecoming parade.

Franklin is starting to roll with a TV win over Hendy. Centennial's mascot has apparently changed to custodians instead of Cougars. Franklin's "second chance secondary" better hope that Centennial's WRs drop the ball since they look like Grassland's secondary playing in the big boy league, that'll be the key to this game. I just don't forsee Centennial's offensive line giving the QB enough time to get the ball off.

One thing for sure is that Rector's (oh excuse me, Eubanks) is going to line up the D and bring every which way from Sunday in order to try to get the vaunted Franklin QB. Word on the street is that he still has nightmares and goes to therapy over the last team that brought the wood in that 42-0 beat down at the end of last season.

In the end, Rector has ran off all the kids that make this game......well the "battle of Franklin." He won't get it done with little Ravenwood and Franklin keeps the streak alive.

Don't worry Centennial, you guys will still win the can food drive. :thumb:

I can't believe this board hasn't gotten started yet, so I thought I'd get it cracked open.

This is supposedly the Battle of Franklin. The only battle in this one the last couple of years has been more off the field than on with all of the re-zoning. Centennial claims that they should just be the true Franklin HS, while Franklin complains that they are the ONLY school that has to go out of their school zone just to have a homecoming parade.

Franklin is starting to roll with a TV win over Hendy. Centennial's mascot has apparently changed to custodians instead of Cougars. Franklin's "second chance secondary" better hope that Centennial's WRs drop the ball since they look like Grassland's secondary playing in the big boy league, that'll be the key to this game. I just don't forsee Centennial's offensive line giving the QB enough time to get the ball off.

One thing for sure is that Rector's (oh excuse me, Eubanks) is going to line up the D and bring every which way from Sunday in order to try to get the vaunted Franklin QB. Word on the street is that he still has nightmares and goes to therapy over the last team that brought the wood in that 42-0 beat down at the end of last season.

In the end, Rector has ran off all the kids that make this game......well the "battle of Franklin." He won't get it done with little Ravenwood and Franklin keeps the streak alive.

Don't worry Centennial, you guys will still win the can food drive. :thumb:

I suggest all the Centennial supporters keep it positive in replying on this thread. As I said in another thread, this message board and threads like this usually fall to the lowest common denominator, ignorance. Let others go there, but not get involved in it.

Good luck to both teams. Hopefully both will play clean and injury free.

• Upvote 1

Its been very busy in here! A whole new thread has even been started! And I know folks are chomping at the bit to get a piece of taco, so here is some food for thought;

Franklin, a large 6A school, plays more 5A schools (4) than Centennial(3), who actually is a 5A school.

Wonder why it would be this way in Middle Tennessee, where there are so many teams to chose from for non district games? Actually, I dont wonder. But now some of you might.

Have fun all, and keep seeing taco every where you post.

Go easy on the Cougars Franklin, they are just a poor little 5A school with a short and not so great history that the team is working hard to change. Have mercy on them. They certainly can't compare State Championships with you...oh wait, oops, my bad, actually...yes they can. FHS - 0, CHS - 0.

According to some of you, they dont know how to play football at Centennial, and its apparently the coach's fault and its the obvious and only conclusion to make after one game. Have a great season playing your 5A schedule. Centennial will be getting better playing their 6A schedule. This year may be yours, but the future certainly does not look good in another year or two.

:thumb:

Honestly just because of comegetsome's ignorance I hope Centennial will win, maybe they won't this year but down the road Centennial will compete with Franklin. Rector is going to build up the program, remember the old saying Rome wasn't built in a day.

At the same time Franklin fans better hope the Franklin team that played in the first half of the Hendersonville game won't show up.

Thats my two cents worth and don't bother replying back comegetsome because honestly people like you aren't worth my time arguing especially with, "Centennial's mascot has apparently changed to custodians instead of Cougars." What a classy man.

CHS has no chance of keeping this game within 21. Franklin better start playing 2 halfs instead of one if they wanna have a chance at winning the district this year. And i disagree and dont think centennial will ever be good at football at least not anytime soon.

Go easy on the Cougars Franklin, they are just a poor little 5A school with a short and not so great history that the team is working hard to change. Have mercy on them. They certainly can't compare State Championships with you...oh wait, oops, my bad, actually...yes they can. FHS - 0, CHS - 0.

I don't know when they started having State Championships, but throughout the 100 years of Franklin I'm pretty sure they've won a number of championships, they just weren't state titles because they didn't have state title games...I may be wrong though.

However, if any Franklin team has ever had a chance of doing it (besides the 08 team that came extraordinarily close, and the 09 team that would have if they had made the 2 point conversion vs Brentwood)in their entire history, it is this one.

On the topic however, of FHS vs CHS, I stick with my earlier post-this one won't be close. FHS by a landslide.

Honestly just because of comegetsome's ignorance I hope Centennial will win, maybe they won't this year but down the road Centennial will compete with Franklin. Rector is going to build up the program, remember the old saying Rome wasn't built in a day.

At the same time Franklin fans better hope the Franklin team that played in the first half of the Hendersonville game won't show up.

Thats my two cents worth and don't bother replying back comegetsome because honestly people like you aren't worth my time arguing especially with, "Centennial's mascot has apparently changed to custodians instead of Cougars." What a classy man.

1) please point out my ignorances. All of my post is based on facts and true statements. Other than the custodian thing. Which brings me to ....

2) the mascot reference is referring to a belittling post on the Centennial thread.

Sticking with my guns. Centennial doesn't have a chance, unless Franklin looks ahead at the rest of their 5A schedule. Geesh, you're a genius Taco

I don't know when they started having State Championships, but throughout the 100 years of Franklin I'm pretty sure they've won a number of championships, they just weren't state titles because they didn't have state title games...I may be wrong though.

However, if any Franklin team has ever had a chance of doing it (besides the 08 team that came extraordinarily close, and the 09 team that would have if they had made the 2 point conversion vs Brentwood)in their entire history, it is this one.

On the topic however, of FHS vs CHS, I stick with my earlier post-this one won't be close. FHS by a landslide.

The records here' http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tn_statechamps2000.htm only go back to 1938. Since then there have been 228 tennessee high shcool football champs. None have been Franklin. 0-228, not so good.

1) please point out my ignorances. All of my post is based on facts and true statements. Other than the custodian thing. Which brings me to ....

2) the mascot reference is referring to a belittling post on the Centennial thread.

Sticking with my guns. Centennial doesn't have a chance, unless Franklin looks ahead at the rest of their 5A schedule. Geesh, you're a genius Taco

Truth a little hard to swallow? Enjoy 5A football. If you survive it, which you obviously should, Rutherfod County or Maryville will slay you guys. You have a good team with a decent program, but those guys are way out of your league. Seriously, you got beat by one of the weaker teams in Rutherford County. And thats not saying CHS could. With their mistakes from Friday night still fresh, if they continue to make them, they wont beat anybody.

You may be right, CHS might not have a chance. But the signs are everywhere, FHS stock will fall rapidly after this season. The bright side is that you guys are good at scheduling 5A schools so maybe you can keep the win column looking decent. This season is CC's swan song. If not, he will wish it was. Once qbk is gone, there is not much left. The captain will get off the sinking ship.

Its been very busy in here! A whole new thread has even been started! And I know folks are chomping at the bit to get a piece of taco, so here is some food for thought;

Franklin, a large 6A school, plays more 5A schools (4) than Centennial(3), who actually is a 5A school.

Wonder why it would be this way in Middle Tennessee, where there are so many teams to chose from for non district games? Actually, I dont wonder. But now some of you might.

Let's compare out of district schedules since Franklin has to play 2 of the 4 5A schools on their schedule.

Franklin

Siegal(from the toughest district in the state)

Hendersonville (5A state runners up last year, top 10 team this year)

Smyrna (6A state runner up last year, another 7aaa team)

Blackman (6A quarter finalist who lost to Smyrna, yet another 7aaa team)

Lawrence Co. (weakest of the OOD opponents but typically a playoff team at 5A)

Centennial

Overton (Best team in Metro district is not saying much)

Antioch (yet another weak Metro team)

Wilson Central (over the past two years the program has been in a downward spiral)

Cane Ridge (another weak Metro team)

Shelbyville (similar to Wilson Central)

I think that speaks for itself. Centennial can talk when they get out of the first round of the playoffs.

• Upvote 1