Franklin Rebels (14-0) vs Centennial Cougars (0-14)

comegetsome

For some reason getting on this website always makes me sick, yet i am drawn to it. I played Football for the boys in blue and started for the senior class of 09, in my opinion the best CHS class yet. And i came home and went to the game against Overton and i saw some really good things. I actually think they did well apart from the beating themselves.. I recall we lost to brentwood and page and everyone counted us out and went on a 7 game winning streak. Chs would have won that game no doubt if they would have not turned the ball over. And CHS will come close to FHS. Do i think chs will win? No, i dont but i hope they do. All these old men on here love to just talk smack about high school kids and say stuff.

Keys to the game

FHS will have to pass to win. They will not be able to establish a running game in my opinion.

CHS stop the pass and keep the score close. No turnovers.

Everyone knows in football turnovers and penalties kill you.

It killed about 4 of our drives against overton.

Let's compare out of district schedules since Franklin has to play 2 of the 4 5A schools on their schedule.

Franklin

Siegal(from the toughest district in the state)

Hendersonville (5A state runners up last year, top 10 team this year)

Smyrna (6A state runner up last year, another 7aaa team)

Blackman (6A quarter finalist who lost to Smyrna, yet another 7aaa team)

Lawrence Co. (weakest of the OOD opponents but typically a playoff team at 5A)

Centennial

Overton (Best team in Metro district is not saying much)

Antioch (yet another weak Metro team)

Wilson Central (over the past two years the program has been in a downward spiral)

Cane Ridge (another weak Metro team)

Shelbyville (similar to Wilson Central)

I think that speaks for itself. Centennial can talk when they get out of the first round of the playoffs.

Centennial can talk whenever they want. The fact of the matter is that Franklin plays more 5A teams than Centennial. Yes, they have to play two of them, but to add two more is pathetic.

Centennial plays in a 6A district as a 5A team. Franklin is a 6A school trying to play a 5A schedule. Thats weak no matter how you slice it.

Centennial can talk whenever they want. The fact of the matter is that Franklin plays more 5A teams than Centennial. Yes, they have to play two of them, but to add two more is pathetic.

Centennial plays in a 6A district as a 5A team. Franklin is a 6A school trying to play a 5A schedule. Thats weak no matter how you slice it.

You can schedule whoever you like for your non-district games. Maybe Centennial should schedule wiser in the future. When it boils down to it for wildcard purposes all that matters is wins. Centennial is not doing themselves any favors by playing "6A" schools. Some say it better prepares them for the playoffs but they will never make the playoffs if they continue to play competitive "6A" schools. Keep in mind Centennial has to play enough "6A" schools as it is with their district schedule. Don't carry any extra burden on yourself. That's why Alabama plays Kent State and Tennessee takes on Montana.

Also don't brag about your "6A" schedule as far as this year is concerned. It's pathetic. Most of those teams are equivalent to "5A" anyways.

Keys to the game

FHS will have to pass to win. They will not be able to establish a running game in my opinion.

FHS will pass and run the ball well. Their passing game opens up the run. Overton's passing game killed the Cougs so Franklin will do even more damage. Against Hendersonville all the passing opened up runs like the counter and so forth for the Rebs. The Cougs will not stop the counter or anything off tackle for that matter. It's going to be 15 straight I'm afraid.

Thank you mister Bertier, you made the exact point that I was going to make. Right side, Strong side!!

Here's the other little nugget on scheduling. Most people don't want to play Franklin, anyone would be willing to play Centennial. The Franklin coaches went after a great schedule, and it blows Centennials out of the water.

What you keep missing to point out is 2 runner ups, state semifinalsts, and state quarterfinalists 4 times. It's not gold, you're right, but don't talk about success when Centennial has none. Most you ever had was on the back of Mr. Steele, and what happened there? Oh yeah, he fumbled the ball and a Franklin DL trucked it in for 6 and the win.

PS, that DL "little" brother plays for Franklin. Choo Choo!!

:hungry:

Thank you mister Bertier, you made the exact point that I was going to make. Right side, Strong side!!

Here's the other little nugget on scheduling. Most people don't want to play Franklin, anyone would be willing to play Centennial. The Franklin coaches went after a great schedule, and it blows Centennials out of the water.

What you keep missing to point out is 2 runner ups, state semifinalsts, and state quarterfinalists 4 times. It's not gold, you're right, but don't talk about success when Centennial has none. Most you ever had was on the back of Mr. Steele, and what happened there? Oh yeah, he fumbled the ball and a Franklin DL trucked it in for 6 and the win.

PS, that DL "little" brother plays for Franklin. Choo Choo!!

:hungry:

And out flows the garbage.

Most people dont want to play Franklin? You really just said that, knowing that you have 4 5A schools on your schedule? That is too funny. 6A schools wont play you but 5A will? doh

And you brag about semi finals and quarter finals when all that does is prove that Franklin, in 100 years of football, cant win the big one. You just proved my point.

Thank you. Be happy with that 0-228 in state championships. Be happy with a couple of silver balls and some quarter final plaques. I bet CHS wins a state championship before Franklin. CHS still has 84 years to win it to do it faster than Franklin. 85 years from now, if CHS still hasnt won their first state championship. then you can say CHS is as bad as Franklin.

0-100 years, 0-228 state champions named. Not much of a football school. 0-14 for CHS against FHS doesnt even come close to as embarassing.

I understand that you thrive on getting people riled up, but goodness you're an idiot. Yes, when you go to the playoffs consistantly every year, it is hard to get a schedule. Ask Brentwood, any Rutherford County team, they will tell you the same thing. Lawrence county, I have no clue where that one came from so I'll give you that, but the others are consistantly successful opponents. 5A or not. I don't see anyone running to schedule Alcoa, do you? and they're 3A.

Also, unless Franklin was able to play in all classifications at once, they're is no possible way to have won 228. I see you're point there, and no 0-72 is not much better, but at least be accurate in your insults.

Regardless, what it boils down to is that Franklin is going to beat Centennial. Turn that any way you like. Maybe you guys can call the wah-mbulance, eat your french cries, and play the 5A underdog card to get your custodians riled up.

Clean up, aisle 6!!

I understand that you thrive on getting people riled up, but goodness you're an idiot. Yes, when you go to the playoffs consistantly every year, it is hard to get a schedule. Ask Brentwood, any Rutherford County team, they will tell you the same thing. Lawrence county, I have no clue where that one came from so I'll give you that, but the others are consistantly successful opponents. 5A or not. I don't see anyone running to schedule Alcoa, do you? and they're 3A.

Also, unless Franklin was able to play in all classifications at once, they're is no possible way to have won 228. I see you're point there, and no 0-72 is not much better, but at least be accurate in your insults.

Regardless, what it boils down to is that Franklin is going to beat Centennial. Turn that any way you like. Maybe you guys can call the wah-mbulance, eat your french cries, and play the 5A underdog card to get your custodians riled up.

Clean up, aisle 6!!

I think it is a foregone conclusion that FHS wins this one. I just hope you guys, with those two silver balls and 100 years of football experience go easy on poor, little, young, iexperienced Centennial. I wonder why the game is even played. Maybe beating 5A schools will help Franklin build its confidence so maybe they can one day actually win a state championship. Well, not really. You got beat by the only 6A team you have played this year, and they are not considered very good either.

I think it is a foregone conclusion that FHS wins this one. I just hope you guys, with those two silver balls and 100 years of football experience go easy on poor, little, young, iexperienced Centennial. I wonder why the game is even played. Maybe beating 5A schools will help Franklin build its confidence so maybe they can one day actually win a state championship. Well, not really. You got beat by the only 6A team you have played this year, and they are not considered very good either.

You know mr taco, you were the one that came on here and started all the Centennial is "an up and coming team" crap. Not us! You can bring it but you can't take it at all. Now it is soooooooooo obvious to everyone involved that now you are doing damage control. You know that the Rebels will beat the Cougars once again so you start this 6A 5A stuff. (you are right we have never won a state championship so don't come back screaming that crap either). You chose this fight. If not you would have stayed as an Indy fan (which I find so funny that you just change, but you know so much about the FHS/CHS history) FHS will beat CHS again this year. You might be correct that in years to come CHS will win one of these games. All streaks are made to be broken, but one thing is for sure it won't happen this year.

Now come on here and give me the 0-228 or 0-100 years whichever you want but come this Friday the only thing that will count is this year teams and we know who will win.

You know mr taco, you were the one that came on here and started all the Centennial is "an up and coming team" crap. Not us! You can bring it but you can't take it at all. Now it is soooooooooo obvious to everyone involved that now you are doing damage control. You know that the Rebels will beat the Cougars once again so you start this 6A 5A stuff. (you are right we have never won a state championship so don't come back screaming that crap either). You chose this fight. If not you would have stayed as an Indy fan (which I find so funny that you just change, but you know so much about the FHS/CHS history) FHS will beat CHS again this year. You might be correct that in years to come CHS will win one of these games. All streaks are made to be broken, but one thing is for sure it won't happen this year.

Now come on here and give me the 0-228 or 0-100 years whichever you want but come this Friday the only thing that will count is this year teams and we know who will win.

Damage control? Right, lol. Do you actually bother to read others posts before you respond to them? Or is sarcasm over your head?

Hey, the internet is an amazing thing. You kind find scores from football games of the past and everything from the internet! Ever heard of it? And, since you apparently dont "read so good" you might try reading the title of this thread. Any hints there to the history of CHS v.FHS? I appreciate your acknowleging how much I know about FHS/CHS, but I cant take any credit. Most of us simple folks know how to get the information they need when they need you. You must have not done your homework the day they taught that skill.

Please go easy on poor Centennial. They are not nearly as experienced as Franklin at not winning championships. How in the world could they ever stand up to the onslaught of Franklin's historical greatness?

Damage control? Right, lol. Do you actually bother to read others posts before you respond to them? Or is sarcasm over your head?

Hey, the internet is an amazing thing. You kind find scores from football games of the past and everything from the internet! Ever heard of it? And, since you apparently dont "read so good" you might try reading the title of this thread. Any hints there to the history of CHS v.FHS? I appreciate your acknowleging how much I know about FHS/CHS, but I cant take any credit. Most of us simple folks know how to get the information they need when they need you. You must have not done your homework the day they taught that skill.

Please go easy on poor Centennial. They are not nearly as experienced as Franklin at not winning championships. How in the world could they ever stand up to the onslaught of Franklin's historical greatness?

History not playin! I wish this game was tomorrow. Go Rebels

And out flows the garbage.

Most people dont want to play Franklin? You really just said that, knowing that you have 4 5A schools on your schedule? That is too funny. 6A schools wont play you but 5A will? doh

And you brag about semi finals and quarter finals when all that does is prove that Franklin, in 100 years of football, cant win the big one. You just proved my point.

Thank you. Be happy with that 0-228 in state championships. Be happy with a couple of silver balls and some quarter final plaques. I bet CHS wins a state championship before Franklin. CHS still has 84 years to win it to do it faster than Franklin. 85 years from now, if CHS still hasnt won their first state championship. then you can say CHS is as bad as Franklin.

0-100 years, 0-228 state champions named. Not much of a football school. 0-14 for CHS against FHS doesnt even come close to as embarassing.

So what your saying is Franklin has Silver Balls and Centennial has no balls? :popcorneater: