Chatta boogie Top 10

MVM

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rabble and others of the same mindset,

Just curious: how many of those a/aa teams you are bashing have you seen play?

ND had a well-below .500 record last year at the end of the season before making their state-tourney run. Some coaches intentionally schedule tough competition and while some school's schedule is clearly weaker - some have the blessing (easy road to region or sectional games) or curse (easy target for ridicule of outsiders) of being in a weak district/region - Page's result against Centennial is a good one.

Edited by CJFM11

Rabble and others of the same mindset,

Just curious: how many of those a/aa teams you are bashing have you seen play?

ND had a well-below .500 record last year at the end of the season before making their state-tourney run. Some coaches intentionally schedule tough competition and while some school's schedule is clearly weaker - some have the blessing (easy road to region or sectional games) or curse (easy target for ridicule of outsiders) of being in a weak district/region - Page's result against Centennial is a good one.

I understand your concern...but are you sure a 0-0 tie versus Centennial is a strong point, when you look at their schedule ? :rolleyes:

Page is having a fine season, and a tie against Centennial tells us that they can stay on the field with a good opponent. But I agree with CHAMPDDS that unless a team plays good competition there will always be insufficient information about that team to merit a high ranking along side teams that are playing good competition. Here are the win-loss records of the opponents of the top five in the poll:

Notre Dame .608

CCS .576

CAK .545

Whitehouse .523

Fred Page .375

Because of their weak SOS, Page will have to wait until the state tournament to make their case about how good they really are.

Edited by just_do_it

Page is having a fine season, and a tie against Centennial tells us that they can stay on the field with a good opponent. But I agree with CHAMPDDS that unless a team plays good competition there will always be insufficient information about that team to merit a high ranking along side teams that are playing good competition. Here are the win-loss records of the opponents of the top five in the poll:

Notre Dame .608

CCS .576

CAK .545

Whitehouse .523

Fred Page .375

Because of their weak SOS, Page will have to wait until the state tournament to make their case about how good they really are.

Well put.

Back from the dead to provide a little insight.

Every year we see teams that play little sisters of the poor schools all season long, celebrate getting to state like they actually beat a good team, and proceed to get destroyed by the real contenders. It happens every year.

Unless an A/AA team is actually a world beater and has beaten some of the best that the entire state has to offer, the team with the best overall record goes home early quite often.

These teams meet someone like a Notre Dame or a CAK and if they try to play like normal and attack, lose by 5 goals. If they bunker (i.e. Page v Centennial) they lose by 3.

It's really simple. It has happened every single year I've been following soccer, and it's only gotten worse now that USJ, JCS, FRA, Knox Catholic and company left A/AA.

Boise St might have a decent team, but if they had to host teams like Alabama game in and game out, their blue turf would turn crimson.

Oh, and I never pick those teams to win at state. You can ask G what my record is against him. ;)

Back from the dead to provide a little insight.

Every year we see teams that play little sisters of the poor schools all season long, celebrate getting to state like they actually beat a good team, and proceed to get destroyed by the real contenders. It happens every year.

Unless an A/AA team is actually a world beater and has beaten some of the best that the entire state has to offer, the team with the best overall record goes home early quite often.

These teams meet someone like a Notre Dame or a CAK and if they try to play like normal and attack, lose by 5 goals. If they bunker (i.e. Page v Centennial) they lose by 3.

It's really simple. It has happened every single year I've been following soccer, and it's only gotten worse now that USJ, JCS, FRA, Knox Catholic and company left A/AA.

Boise St might have a decent team, but if they had to host teams like Alabama game in and game out, their blue turf would turn crimson.

Oh, and I never pick those teams to win at state. You can ask G what my record is against him. ;)

CCS AT NOTRE DAME tomorrow....you going to be there ? :popcorneater:

D

My comment was not directed at the records - I understand the scheduling dilemma many teams face. ND is one of those. We have to travel far and wide, give up home-and-away courtesies and the like to fill out a schedule. My comment was referring to the divide between top and bottom. While there are some really good teams, there are not many of them. Just refer to the quarterfinal scores the last couple of years for proof.

As for records, whether team or individual, because of what I pointed out above, they are just about the most meaningless thing around and I pay zero attention to them. Except for the record as it relates to tournament play I should correct.