McKenzie @ Dresden

hogheaven

I haven't posted that often on here and I'm from Huntingdon but I heard about the game last night and the aftermath so I read what some of you are writing on here so I had to say something........everyone please remember you are talking about kids. Some kids put their heart and soul into a week of practice and then into the game on Friday night. It means so much to them....as it should. It is some of the best times of their young lives. When a team like Dresden beats a team they really never shouldn't....i.e...Westview...you can bet those kids are going to act excited...as they should. And by the way westview4sho...that is UTM's field...not yours. You may pay Dresden back next year with a win.....but you guys should never lose to Dresden. Dresden is trying to build a program similar to McKenzie and ours. And that is definately not easy. These Dresden kids went on a losing streak of close to 20 games a couple of years ago if I'm not mistaken. As long as they aren't disrespecting the other teams' players and coaches then I feel it is ok to actually show some happiness and excitement after a big win. I heard the refs were terrible at your game and that is unfortunate. Its a shame that they won't just let kids dictate the games instead of a yellow flag. I'm really looking forward to our game with McKenzie and Dresden. Going to be 2 awesome games I bet. Could end in a 3-way tie for district lead when it is all said and done. As for the sportsmanship thing at the end of your game...it's unfortunate but I'm sure it won't happen again. I'm sure Dresden's head coach feels bad about that decision and will apologize and move on....nobody's perfect. I really hope Dresden, McKenzie, and even Westview can win many more games because it only helps strengthen West TN football. I'm tired of middle/east TN teams winning all the championships. McKenzie/Dresden be ready cause we are going to play you tough to the final whistle.

Great post. The Mustangs do appear ready to do business this season!!!!!!! But as usual, the Rebels will come to play. :thumb:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anywhere I can see stats from the game? I would like to see his stat line from last night. I'm proud of Hunter and have always known he was a player since Pop Warner. I played with his Dad at Henry Co. many years ago.

Get the McKenzie Banner this coming week. That will be the best account you will get. He's an awsome player!!!

First I would like to apologize for our head coachs actions after the game.Please dont judge the rest of us by his actions.Its time he turns it over to the hodge brothers , everyone knows they are the ones running the team anyway.As for the refs, thats about as bad as I have ever seen, both teams had terrible calls good luck rebs the rest of the way hope we can meet again.

It is my understanding that the Lions took it on themselves to go to the Rebel dressing room and shake hands after the game. That is awsome and Rebel Nation very much appreciate's it!!

As a Rebel to the bone, I'd love to play the Lions again this season because it would be a great game. Hand shakes after the game are common courtesy. But I am VERY impressed that the Dresden players took it on themselves to go shake hands in the dressing room after the game.

Leaves a lot to be said about head oaching though. Why did that not happen on the field?? If a Lion fan I'd have to ask why that happened. It was a great game between two developing teams and should reflect that.

Edited by duckman38201

Field condition is great. Smell with the right wind can be very iffy!!!

I was wondering....I've been by the field countless times although I've never seen a game played there. I know that last week prior to the McKenzie/Dresden game...the Henry Co. coaches made the Dresden field crew fill a few holes before they allowed their 9th squad to play on that surface. I was just curious how it looked Friday night...glad there were no issues.

It is my understanding that the Lions took it on themselves to go to the Rebel dressing room and shake hands after the game. That is awsome and Rebel Nation very much appreciate's it!!

As a Rebel to the bone, I'd love to play the Lions again this season because it would be a great game. Hand shakes after the game are common courtesy. But I am VERY impressed that the Dresden players took it on themselves to go shake hands in the dressing room after the game.

Leaves a lot to be said about head oaching though. Why did that not happen on the field?? If a Lion fan I'd have to ask why that happened. It was a great game between two developing teams and should reflect that.

Hate to hear that happening after the game. I don't know anything at all about Dresden, so won't speak

to that, but, am somewhat familiar with the Rebs program & fans. When TC played you guys in the

playoffs a few yrs ago, we managed to pull out a 7 pt. win, and the Rebs were very good after the

fact. Always have to pull for the Rebs, unless they happen to play us again.

Good luck the rest of the way, from ole Grunt & TC.

The Hodges are fine coaches that are responsible for turning that program around. Dresden has always been blessed with good athletes (for most years) and I am glad they aren't a doormat anymore. We are in a down year and it's obvious, but referencing the "Bullseye" comment---a couple of their players did that to their team by their actions in Week 0. There is a payday coming for that and I feel for a couple of them next year, because we got some players who want and will play that way. We have a couple of head hunters on varsity and several in JV and "all" of our biggest hitters are coming back.

That's the difference between teams that are used to it and teams that are not. The ones who are generally on top recognize that the next game may be different and are normally very humble. Not to take anything away or lump all of your team together, you do have a lot of big hearted classy kids and we do wish them the best of luck.

The Hodges are good coaches, but the biggest reason for Dresden's turnaround os that they.went back to single a. Having to beat Gleason, WestCarroll, Bruceton, And the other class a teams is alot easier than Milan, Westview, Humboldt, USJ, etc that they were having to beat each week 3 or 4 years ago. Dresden has always been competitive when on single a.

The Hodges are good coaches, but the biggest reason for Dresden's turnaround os that they.went back to single a. Having to beat Gleason, WestCarroll, Bruceton, And the other class a teams is alot easier than Milan, Westview, Humboldt, USJ, etc that they were having to beat each week 3 or 4 years ago. Dresden has always been competitive when on single a.

Actually they went through their 20 something game losing street after the reclassification.

http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/classification.pdf

2006 season--they went into a 2A classification for football, but your principal moved them to Carroll County side to get away from Humboldt (smaller enrollment), Trenton (smaller enrollment), and the other Single A power houses like Union City and Lake County. He cast the deciding vote because he was a regional representative. Ask Lake County football enthusiast about it.

I can't remember which local school got shafted, but I believe it was Greenfield (extremely small enrollment like Gleason). Dresden took the easier way out and it hasn't worked out for them, because Mckenzie- Huntingdon- Bruceton- West Carroll and those boys know how to play football too. I gave you a link so you don't think I'm making it up.

Hate to hear that happening after the game. I don't know anything at all about Dresden, so won't speak

to that, but, am somewhat familiar with the Rebs program & fans. When TC played you guys in the

playoffs a few yrs ago, we managed to pull out a 7 pt. win, and the Rebs were very good after the

fact. Always have to pull for the Rebs, unless they happen to play us again.

Good luck the rest of the way, from ole Grunt & TC.

Thanks Grunt and good luck to TC. :thumb:

Just remember ignoranus, it was just over one year ago the Henry Co. lost to Huntingdon in the Jamboree.

who are you refering to as "ignorANUS"?...First, no where in any of my posts have I mention HC's team, who they've played nor have I mentioned the competitiveness of ANY team!...furthermore you GOOF..I was simply asking about the playing surface at this "Hog Hole" as its commonly refered to in which I've never watched a game..BUT..was wondering its condition since there was an issue earlier in the week and had already seen a game played on it prior to McKenzie/Dresden! Secondly..NO ONE wants to read on Coacht your ridiculous rants on how you think the TSSAA should "take action" on an issue when there's no issue to "take action" on! Simply because you deem something as poor judgement, poor taste, lack of class, or poor sportsmanship doesn't mean due to your tattling and complaining..that the TSSAA will "take action"! Thirdly..since you brought it up..yes..the Stangs won a jamboree game last year against HC..however..as MOST fans understand...jamborees are basically practice games..AND..Huntingdon's has traditionally played their's with a running clock..thus making the "scrimmage" approximately the length of one actual game quarter. That being said..Do you think that there is ONE person in Huntingdon that would suggest that the Stangs would have beaten HC in an actual game if given 10 opportunities?..how about 50?...my guess is I doubt it..but again..no one is suggesting the like..except perhaps YOU...my suggestion to you is..take shots at someone on your own level instead of taking ridiculous shots at the Prez (now known as ignorANUS)!

I do realize that you are NOT a reflection of ANY OTHER Lions fan in Weakley County...most of them are actually pretty football savy and sports minded...not baphoons!

We ll see y'all next year and start another 10 year winning streak against mighty lions.

Entirely un-called for!!! Westview is very marginal so don't brag too much or the monkey will be on your back. Just saying.....................! And I don't even have a dog in this hunt!! But the Lions are coming of age now. You can be westview4sho but pride comes before a fall.