McKenzie @ Dresden

hogheaven

Actually they went through their 20 something game losing street after the reclassification.

http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/classification.pdf

2006 season--they went into a 2A classification for football, but your principal moved them to Carroll County side to get away from Humboldt (smaller enrollment), Trenton (smaller enrollment), and the other Single A power houses like Union City and Lake County. He cast the deciding vote because he was a regional representative. Ask Lake County football enthusiast about it.

I can't remember which local school got shafted, but I believe it was Greenfield (extremely small enrollment like Gleason). Dresden took the easier way out and it hasn't worked out for them, because Mckenzie- Huntingdon- Bruceton- West Carroll and those boys know how to play football too. I gave you a link so you don't think I'm making it up.

Some of this is funny, if Dresden's principal is so powerful why didnt he just create a district with all the easy teams and put all the good teams in another? The reason is that the districts are based on where the towns are geographically. The single a districts now are the exact same as the were in the early 90s with huntingdon, uc, and humboldt added.

As for Dresden's classification, in the 1999 season dresden went 2a in the district with uc, humboldt, trenton, gc, and halls. Dresden struggle for a few years. A couple of years later milan and westview came into the district and in the2003 season dresden finished 2nd behind milan and made the playoffs again in 04. The losing streak occurred during the 07 & 08 seasons when dresden was in the same district. In 2009, the tssaa went from 5 classes in football to 3 classes for all sports in the regular season and 6 classes in the playoffs for football. At this point dresden went to1a in the regular season and 2a in the playoffs. The link you provided does show dresden in 2a but so is milan, westview, etc. those teams are now 2a in regular season and.3a in the playoffs.

I thought this might clear this up. If you think it is wrong. Just go and look at the schedules from those years on coacht, im sure they are still up so you can look at them.

Ill say it again the hodges are very good coaches! But if dresden was playing in the district with milan, westview, crockett, obion, etc they would be about where they were in the years when they were playing in the district with those teams.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, "RunandJump" is Chuck West, the principal. Hello Chuck, how are you?

No not even close. Just trying not to let a few who seemed to be misinformed run people thru the mud with incorrect information.

You obviously have a problem with him and the coaches at dresden so why dont you set up a meeting so that you can discuss your issue or issues face to face with the people its with.

Some decisions must not have gone your way since every post of yours has been negative towards dresden.

my last post was just stating facts because some try to make others look bad by only using part of the facts. This will be my only and last response to you, I hope youcan get whatever issue you have workout because it is obviously bothering you a lot or all your posts wouldnt be about the same negative thing.

No not even close. Just trying not to let a few who seemed to be misinformed run people thru the mud with incorrect information.

You obviously have a problem with him and the coaches at dresden so why dont you set up a meeting so that you can discuss your issue or issues face to face with the people its with.

Some decisions must not have gone your way since every post of yours has been negative towards dresden.

my last post was just stating facts because some try to make others look bad by only using part of the facts. This will be my only and last response to you, I hope youcan get whatever issue you have workout because it is obviously bothering you a lot or all your posts wouldnt be about the same negative thing.

I personally like Chuck West and the West boys, but your logic about being closer is simply incorrect. Type in yahoo directions and do it yourself: Point A- Greenfield Point B- Mckenzie (16 miles).....Point A- Dresden Point B-Mckenzie (17 miles)....everybody in 14A knew that was a big to do about nothing, except for escaping the football schedule and improving the chances to make the playoffs, cause you guys weren't beating humboldt, trenton or UC anytime soon and more importantly for the basketball aspect----that's why you guys went from finishing 6-8 place every year to finishing in the top 2-3. If you are going to state the "facts"....like you said, be sure to state "all" of the facts. And yes, Chuck West did make that decision to go that way instead of sending a more suitable school such as Greenfield.

I personally like Chuck West and the West boys, but your logic about being closer is simply incorrect. Type in yahoo directions and do it yourself: Point A- Greenfield Point B- Mckenzie (16 miles).....Point A- Dresden Point B-Mckenzie (17 miles)....everybody in 14A knew that was a big to do about nothing, except for escaping the football schedule and improving the chances to make the playoffs, cause you guys weren't beating humboldt, trenton or UC anytime soon and more importantly for the basketball aspect----that's why you guys went from finishing 6-8 place every year to finishing in the top 2-3. If you are going to state the "facts"....like you said, be sure to state "all" of the facts. And yes, Chuck West did make that decision to go that way instead of sending a more suitable school such as Greenfield.

I like how you put the milage for 13a schools but not 14a. The milage from Dresden High School to McKenzie high school is 13 miles according to mapquest. put milage in for all the 14a schools and all 13a schools and I think you will see that greenfield is closer to most if not every 14a school than dresden is. In some cases a lot closer.

Again only part of the facts, but not totally correct on the distance from dresden/greenfield to mckenzie.

Im not totally sure on this but I think there are 9 people on tssaa board. Somore than1 person had to vote for the aligment I would think.

The only reason for some of these post is to make some people/dresden look bad and that is why are posting some of the some facts and not all of them. Im sure Mr. West and his sons would be glad to know that someone who likes them/friend is on coacht and pretty much dogging mr. west. Im sure it would be appreciated.

Edited by RunAndJump

I like how you put the milage for 13a schools but not 14a. The milage from Dresden High School to McKenzie high school is 13 miles according to mapquest. put milage in for all the 14a schools and all 13a schools and I think you will see that greenfield is closer to most if not every 14a school than dresden is. In some cases a lot closer.

Again only part of the facts, but not totally correct on the distance from dresden/greenfield to mckenzie.

Im not totally sure on this but I think there are 9 people on tssaa board. Somore than1 person had to vote for the aligment I would think.

The only reason for some of these post is to make some people/dresden look bad and that is why are posting some of the some facts and not all of them. Im sure Mr. West and his sons would be glad to know that someone who likes them/friend is on coacht and pretty much dogging mr. west. Im sure it would be appreciated.

I just typed in the towns not the specific addresses in the town, I was just addressing the geographical bs remark. I could care less who looks at this post and I don't have to make anyone from Dresden look bad...they pretty much do it to themselves (not all, but a lot).

OMG, who truly cares except Greenfield and Dresden?? Greenfield will cry forever as long as they field a football team. It's in the cards. Dresden is on the doorstep of a good football team and those fans there that choose to look for excuses need to find a life. The Lions are growing teeth. If Hewitt did resign then so be it. I would call that spineless yet necessary. When your team is more of a man than you are it's time.

Personally I have no issue with the Lions. Our game is a big one every season for sure. Friday night was a good experience for all. I see that some took our jesting about the field seriously and I'm sorry 'bout that but it was all in fun. Dresden was a great host!

It does suck that a guaranteed playoff berth is decided on the outcome of our game. That could send a 1-9 team to the show!!! I doubt either of us will be that bad but, just saying.

There was some female voice getting extremely hostile in the Dresden stands after the game and now i'm assuming that might have been the christy that has been rasin' so much **** on here.

True Lions fans, us Rebels had a good experience at your house Friday night and would say that even if we had lost. Keep digging because you are right on the threshold.

Edited by duckman38201

OMG, who truly cares except Greenfield and Dresden?? Greenfield will cry forever as long as they field a football team. It's in the cards. Dresden is on the doorstep of a good football team and those fans there that choose to look for excuses need to find a life. The Lions are growing teeth. If Hewitt did resign then so be it. I would call that spineless yet necessary. When your team is more of a man than you are it's time.

Personally I have no issue with the Lions. Our game is a big one every season for sure. Friday night was a good experience for all. I see that some took our jesting about the field seriously and I'm sorry 'bout that but it was all in fun. Dresden was a great host!

There was some female voice getting extremely hostile in the Dresden stands after the game and now i'm assuming that might have been the christy that has been rasin'so much **** on here.

True Lions fans, us Rebels had a good experience at your house Friday night and would say that even if we had lost. Keep digging because you are right on the threshold.

Thanks. Good luck to the rebels.

Obviously, "RunandJump" is Chuck West, the principal. Hello Chuck, how are you?

You are obviously obsessed with the West family and Dresden High School. Why don't you call them and talk to them if you have a problem or call the superintendent. This has done nothing but make it look as though DHS has no support or maybe that is what you are wanting. That being said Dresden played a heck of a game Friday night and so did McKenzie. You had two teams go 12 rounds in a heck of a game and all people from Dresden are worried about is post game, Mckenzie could care less. The coach said why he did it and that is that, he is the coach and gets paid to make those decisions. If they shake and a fight breaks out then it would be said that the coaches couldn't control their teams. Sometimes you lose either way but as long as you as a coach feel you did whats right then don't let it bother you. Oh btw "run and jump" is not Mr. West, he has better things to do then justify himself to people with screen names on a website.