(1A) AP POLL Aug. 29th

BDF36

thats funny, because if you want to remember about 3-4 years before what you're talking about i remember Wayne County being way up there, and CA trucking them...on yalls homecoming.

I think we've beat CA on their homecoming several times in the past 10 years or so. Wasn't trying to dog CA or talk up WC, just saying in recent years they've been ranked high for the first couple weeks then they get beat after region play starts.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the top 5 in the polls. South Pitt is clearly the number 1 team with them winning state last year and i think they should stay there til someone knocks them off and quite frankly i don't think that will happen this year but thats why they play the game. I have a problem with Sunbright and Grace being in the top ten. I am a Gville fan and i clearly think they should be in top ten over Sunbright and Grace. Gville lost their first game to 3A Smith County by one point in double overtime and beat 2A Frindship this week by 6. Yes, Gville may not end up with the best records at the end of the season but before you say anything look at their region and schedule. Region is one of the toughest regions in the state in 1A football.

Division A

Record Pts Prv

1. South Pittsburg (20) 1-0 209 1

2. Wayne County 2-0 175 2

3. Perry County 2-0 169 3

4. Huntingdon 2-0 136 4

5. Greenback 2-0 112 6

6. Columbia Academy 1-0 96 5

7. Sunbright 2-0 67 10

8. Grace Baptist 1-1 62 7

9. Jo Byrns (1) 1-1 41 NR

10. Coalfield 1-1 15 NR

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Clarksville Academy 14. 11, Gordonsville 14. 13, Eagleville 13. 14, Copper Basin 12.

Yes, Gville may not end up with the best records at the end of the season but before you say anything look at their region and schedule. Region is one of the toughest regions in the state in 1A football.

I agree, Gville knows as South Pittsburg does, that it's better to enter the playoffs after being tested thru the season. But if you want to schedule cup cakes, then don't be surprised when your rearend is handed to you in Cookeville.

I totally agree with you peg. I had much rather enter the playoffs with a 7-3 or 6-4 record than a 10-0 or 9-1 record if those loses are against teams that will make you better in the long run. what good does it do for you to have a great record entering the playoffs and get beat in the first two rounds by a team that has couple more loses than you do cause they have played a schedule that has prepared them for whats ahead.

I agree, Gville knows as South Pittsburg does, that it's better to enter the playoffs after being tested thru the season. But if you want to schedule cup cakes, then don't be surprised when your rearend is handed to you in Cookeville.

I agree with the top 5 in the polls. South Pitt is clearly the number 1 team with them winning state last year and i think they should stay there til someone knocks them off and quite frankly i don't think that will happen this year but thats why they play the game. I have a problem with Sunbright and Grace being in the top ten. I am a Gville fan and i clearly think they should be in top ten over Sunbright and Grace. Gville lost their first game to 3A Smith County by one point in double overtime and beat 2A Frindship this week by 6. Yes, Gville may not end up with the best records at the end of the season but before you say anything look at their region and schedule. Region is one of the toughest regions in the state in 1A football.

This poll is old and expect there to be some changes. expect Sunburnt to drop to the bottom or out of the poll and GV and Coalfield to move up.

Here is the new 1A poll: Sep 5, 2011

Record Pts Prv

1. South Pittsburg (15) 2-0 167 1

2. Wayne County (2) 3-0 148 2

3. Perry County 3-0 124 3

4. Huntingdon 3-0 112 4

5. Greenback 3-0 102 5

6. Columbia Academy 2-1 77 6

7. Jo Byrns 2-1 72 9

8. Coalfield 2-1 52 10

9. Sunbright 2-1 23 7

10. Gordonsville 1-1 20 NR