Chattanooga Central @ East Hamilton

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superior coaching wins this one.

You were making sense up until this statement. I would not call EH's coaching superior by any stretch. If you would have seen our game against them last week you would have seen why we are happy he left. Up by 28 points late in the fourth quarter Coach Williams put in the subs, Gatewood did not. Our back ups got some experience and theirs did not. So how many points do you have to be down if you are Gatewood before you decide to sub? 50? 60? Not sure about Central's coach but I certainly would not call the opposing coach superior to anyone.

You were making sense up until this statement. I would not call EH's coaching superior by any stretch. If you would have seen our game against them last week you would have seen why we are happy he left. Up by 28 points late in the fourth quarter Coach Williams put in the subs, Gatewood did not. Our back ups got some experience and theirs did not. So how many points do you have to be down if you are Gatewood before you decide to sub? 50? 60? Not sure about Central's coach but I certainly would not call the opposing coach superior to anyone.

Really? You guys thought gatewood was the best thing since sliced bread until he left. Did he not turn your program around? As far as playing subs are you sure? maybe he felt his starters needed more work since it was the second game of the season. Since they are all pretty young anyway he is giving his future starters playing time because they are the same ones playing now. That being said there are a lot of reasons coaches play and dont play starters and that doesnt make you any better or less of a coach.

Edited by bradley08

Really? You guys thought gatewood was the best thing since sliced bread until he left. Did he not turn your program around? As far as playing subs are you sure? maybe he felt his starters needed more work since it was the second game of the season. Since they are all pretty young anyway he is giving his future starters playing time because they are the same ones playing now. That being said there are a lot of reasons coaches play and dont play starters and that doesnt make you any better or less of a coach.

We are fine with him not subbing. That just keeps our guys on top for the future. We have a JV schedule, they do not. The guys starting for him are young, have no experience because they never made it into games the last couple of years. (Quoting a few dads I know with that team.) There is more to being a head coach than just thinking you can ram it up the middle every play. They tried that with us and went backwards. If Central has the defense the early guys who commented mentioned, well I think they will find the same results. Their young QB looked good ...when he was not lying on his back. I am pulling for East Hamilton but I do not see this being a decisive victory. Maybe their enormous fan support can pull them through.

Allen is the answer fo sho lol............he a good coach when he s got a good team just like any other coach!!! The key to Centrals success will be how many kids they ve stole from Ooltewah!!!!! East Hamilton by 6 because there more discilplined and better coached........Allen will lose by running the same offense he s ran for 50 yrs that dont work(except 1yr @ LFO) and he hasnt had time to get the kids to beleive in him or his offense!! Now defensively Allen is a mastermind!!!! Gatewood will out coach the Purple Pounders!!

Central might win 2 or 3 games this year.(as usual)if they go 5-5 its a miracle.

Went to the 1st half of the game and its clear,they are not prepared mentally.

They need to change to the Harrison high and leave the mystic of days gone by downtown and try to facelift the whole school,all I heard was we are back,we are gonna do this etc...compared to what 40 years ago.Etter is not going to walk up and coach em to a championship.Start completly over or something.Gettin old fast.