Smyrna vs. Olive Branch, MS

milo118

Dont really know much about Olive Branch other than they are big, fast, strong, and athletic. I think I have heard this song recently. Bulldogs are going to have to get some help from some of the #2s. Need some reserves to step up and make a bigger contribution. Too many starters are playing both ways. Injury bug is starting to creep up on us. Special teams have given up three blocked punts in the last two weeks. Can't continue to give good teams great field position and expect the defense to go out and clean it up everytime. Need to focus this week on the small things. Stop thinking about the outcome, score, standing, or playoffs. The focus needs to be broken down to the smallest element within the game. Focus on the play. Dominate the play. Concentrate on things like running perfect routes, stepping out with the correct foot, assignments, watching the ball into your hands, wrapping up on tackles. Basics. But more impotantly is the mental aspect. Most of all believe in yourselves. We as fans do! Work hard this week in practice. Challenge yourselves to get better every rep. Go Dawgs!!!

Edited by milo118

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smyrna really started the season with a meat grinder of a schedule. Olive Branch is ranked #4 in MS...they will be a very good team that is loaded with athletes. I thought Smyrna needed to come out at least 2-2 from these first four games so they should be playing with a lot of intensity.

If Smyrna can get healthy I think they'll win it. If they aren't healthy and are playing a lot of guys both ways OB will pull away in the 2d half.

Looks like Olive Branch just took a major blow. News station in Memphis just reported that Olive Branch's football program has been put on probation for playing 4 ineligible players who had transferred from Melrose HS in Memphis over the summer. Going to be interesting to see how this affects them.

Edited by TNHSFOOTBALLFAN

s

Looks like Olive Branch just took a major blow. News station in Memphis just reported that Olive Branch's football program has been put on probation for playing 4 ineligible players who had transferred from Melrose HS in Memphis over the summer. Going to be interesting to see how this affects them.

The video i have seen they are stacked. Four players is not a set back of much magnitude. Still going to be a very talented team. My Bulldogs are banged up a little and they had the week off. That doesnt make things better. Still I think it will be an all out battle. Go Dawgs!!!

Edited by milo118