CLARKSVILLE AT SPRINGFIELD

LEON

The Wildcats and Yellow Jackets meet again for the 86th time in this age old rivalry, this is the 100th year of football for Springfield, the Yellow Jackets lead the all-time series 48-33-4. The Wildcats come into the game 2-1, with impressive wins over Ft. Campbell Ky. and Northwest, their only loss was to Ky.power Christian Co. The Jackets enter the game at 1-2, after a tough loss at Northeast in the final seconds and a loss at Gallatin, both ranked teams. The Jackets won the regular season match-up last year 28-7, but in a 1st round play-off rematch the Wildcats beat the Jackets 10-7. This should be a very good game.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is interesting b/c it looks like the new Clarksville coach has put in somewhat of a passing offense which deviates quiet a bit from the option type scheme they have had the past few seasons. We all know Springfield likes to and will throw the ball a lot so this may be a long game. The Wildcats do have 2 wins but Ft.Campbell is a little down and well NW is just that.....NW. They did lose to a strong Chriastian Co. team in KY however so it is kinda hard to gauge how good they are at this time.....

However you slice it, Springfield's defense has got to play better if they want to be competitive come play off time. I believe they are improving offensively and the young QB seems to grasp the offense more and more each week. I have a feeling we are in for another entertaining game this Friday.....

Springfield - 35

Clarksville - 20

I have seen all three of the Jackets games so far. I have been impressed with the improving and maturing of our QB. We lost the track meet last week to Northeast BUT we should get back on the winning track this week. We played better with fewer peanlties but still must turn the ball over less. This should be a entertaining game between two storied programs

I have seen all three of the Jackets games so far. I have been impressed with the improving and maturing of our QB. We lost the track meet last week to Northeast BUT we should get back on the winning track this week. We played better with fewer peanlties but still must turn the ball over less. This should be a entertaining game between two storied programs

I agree. Clarksville has had our number the last few meetings, especially at our place. This trend needs to be reversed. GO JACKETS!!! :thumb:

I hope the Jackets can get off to a faster start, in the past two games, we've got behind before you can get settled in your seat. I understand Clarksville is running out of the spread this season with lots of no huddle, this could be a factor, with the way the Jackets like to sub on defense. Hope the Jackets are getting better on the injury front and turnovers have to stop. Hope everyone comes out despite the game being on tv, we need the home crowd behind the Jackets, I'll be there. GO YELLOW JACKETS !!

Springfield look out, they are much better that Greenbrier, and if you do not take care of the ball they will beat you badly, Clarksville 33 Springfield 13

Then quote the same for Clarksville and say, "Clarksville look out, they are much better than that Northwest!" As I see it, the Jackets have all the tools, but are making too many mistakes. Both teams have beat no one special, and Springfield has played #5 Gallatin (losing by 14) and #8 Northeast (losing by 7). Now is the task to beat a good Wildcat team that beat a horrible Northwest team and from what I understand a very down Fort Campbell team.

Records are out the door on this one, and if the Jackets can put together a complete game I see the score 34 - 21 in the end. Favor Springfield.

Then quote the same for Clarksville and say, "Clarksville look out, they are much better than that Northwest!" As I see it, the Jackets have all the tools, but are making too many mistakes. Both teams have beat no one special, and Springfield has played #5 Gallatin (losing by 14) and #8 Northeast (losing by 7). Now is the task to beat a good Wildcat team that beat a horrible Northwest team and from what I understand a very down Fort Campbell team.

Records are out the door on this one, and if the Jackets can put together a complete game I see the score 34 - 21 in the end. Favor Springfield.

I am w/ you in that I believe SP can win this game but I also believe CL is much improved over last year and will make this game very interesting. It is still hard to determine how good CL is b/c they beat 2 bad teams and lost to 1 good team. Either way, I feel this will be a good game as in 1 score win by the winner. Having said that SP always seems to recover when they fall behind and make a game out of it, I believe that comes into play this game and SP edges CL in a close 1,.....35-28