Randall Cobb

crow

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some still have feelings that he did not go to UT.

Does anyone beside me think that he made the best decision NOT to go there and be buried on the depth chart in the defensive backfield?

Everything happens for a reason and MannCobb is better for it.

Reminds me of another Cobb that got away from UT...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyR-t2fTAn8

Liars Club at noon, Bread of Heaven

I dont agree w/ that, I think he could have had a similar role as he did w/ KY. Either way I think he will have a dynamite career playing the "slash" role in the NFL. I would even say he is the new edition "Slash 2.0".....

I dont agree w/ that

I don't agree with you.

Fulmer did not play Freshmen...Brooks did.

Cobb made his mark as a Freshman.

Cobb played three years.

Further proof...Manning did not start as freshman, until Colquitt got hurt and Florida sent Todd Helton into retirement. (his first start week 5 v Wazzu a 10-9 win)

As a starter, Manning STILL split time with Brandon Stewart until Stewart transferred.

There is a HUGE list of kids that did well that did not go to UT either because Fulmer came after them too late or the kids knew that playing time would not come until their third year on campus. (after Redshirt and freshman seasons)

I don't agree with you.

Cobb played three years.

Further proof...Manning did not start as freshman, until Colquitt got hurt and Florida sent Todd Helton into retirement. (his first start week 5 v Wazzu a 10-9 win)

As a starter, Manning STILL split time with Brandon Stewart until Stewart transferred.

There is a HUGE list of kids that did well that did not go to UT either because Fulmer came after them too late or the kids knew that playing time would not come until their third year on campus. (after Redshirt and freshman seasons)

Fine whatever, I really didnt care about it enough to study it, I still feel he could have played receiver K/PR even if he didnt play until his soph. year.....

Edited by Kevin38

I don't agree with you.

Cobb played three years.

Fulmer played freshmen. Maybe not as many as Brooks or others, but he played them if they were good enough.

You're wrong on Manning/Stewart. Stewart tranferred AFTER Manning beat him out.

I'm sure Fulmer did miss out on some players. Don't all coaches? I believe Fulmer also got some players from other states that did quite well in Knoxville.

All in all, I'll take Fulmer's overall record of winning over 75% of his games, playing in the SEC and playing top flite non conference teams every year, on top of the only National Championship most of us will ever see as a good thing.....in spite of him honestly telling Cobb he wasn't SEC QB material.

• 6 years later...