McMinn -vs- Ooltewah

TribeFan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was impressed with the tribe last week. They were well undersized but was very tough on defense and had what I thought was a good offensive scheme against a huge Farragut defense. If the game had continued another quarter I could have seen a different outcome, So I am going to predict the tribe sticks to the same offensive scheme and gets the offense rolling in the first half this week.

Tribe 28 Ooltewah 24

Very impressed with Tribe skill players.

I want to start off by commenting on the play calling of Coach Williams. Another screen pass? Oh ANOTHER screen pass? That and turnovers is the reason Ooltewah lost their last game. On a brighter note, I think they come out in this game with a new game plan and run more and hopefully #28 will be able to hold on to the ball. Also the punt returner #5 is something special, keep an eye on him.

Prediction for this game: 31-14 Owls.

Drew Manning is back in the lineup this week, the deep ball to Mikhail Creech is starting to come around, and James Stone is putting in work on the defensive line. They have all the potential in the world, hopefully Williams will be able to call something different this week and get them going back in the right direction.

I was impressed with the tribe last week. They were well undersized but was very tough on defense and had what I thought was a good offensive scheme against a huge Farragut defense. If the game had continued another quarter I could have seen a different outcome, So I am going to predict the tribe sticks to the same offensive scheme and gets the offense rolling in the first half this week.

Tribe 28 Ooltewah 24

Very impressed with Tribe skill players.

McMinn had more yards than Farragut, and proved they could play with the state-ranked Admirals. Too many penalties + too many turnovers + playing a good team = a loss every time. The Tribe is still committing far too many penalties in their 4th game of the season.

I want to start off by commenting on the play calling of Coach Williams. Another screen pass? Oh ANOTHER screen pass? That and turnovers is the reason Ooltewah lost their last game. On a brighter note, I think they come out in this game with a new game plan and run more and hopefully #28 will be able to hold on to the ball. Also the punt returner #5 is something special, keep an eye on him.

Prediction for this game: 31-14 Owls.

Drew Manning is back in the lineup this week, the deep ball to Mikhail Creech is starting to come around, and James Stone is putting in work on the defensive line. They have all the potential in the world, hopefully Williams will be able to call something different this week and get them going back in the right direction.

Sometimes its not the play-calling,its the execution...just saying. Edited by FatSak

Sometimes its not the play-calling,its the execution...just saying.

That's very true, but as the season goes on, more and more teams will get some video of their game plan. The execution in the siegel game was also not as good as before games, could attribute to siegel's Defense being prepared or just lack of focus. The owls D was run all over in the last game, which I dont think will happen again because they will be more focused to not lose district games. Overall, I think the owls come back this week focused and ready to play and I will keep my score above.

I am sure McMinn has a good team, but I doubt they are in Siegels league. If the Owls had to lose one last week was the one. I hope they learned where the holes are and are working hard this week to fix them.

Should be a good game, I always enjoy going to Athens. Best turf around.

huge win for owls this week: 35 - 0. Defense is pissed off, hungry for a shut-out, and offense can't wait to score . . . and score . . . and score. Bombs away to Creech, no fumbles this week for #28, TJ scores on a special teams return, and NO MORE ARM TACKLING. Can't wait!

huge win for owls this week: 35 - 0. Defense is pissed off, hungry for a shut-out, and offense can't wait to score . . . and score . . . and score. Bombs away to Creech, no fumbles this week for #28, TJ scores on a special teams return, and NO MORE ARM TACKLING. Can't wait!

Sounds go to me, throw in a punt return by #5 and I'm buying.