( 1A )Sept 12 Poll

tricklician

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what Wildcatpride is tryin to say...in Wayne County we have three schools branched out over the county and all three are 20min.s apart. All three are 1A schools that 2 schools average graduating about 85 students a year and Clifton...well...about 25 on a real good year! The only 3A school close to use Lawrence Co. which is 40min.s away(30mins if you drive like me). In all my years of watching WC football I've never seein one kid not from Waynesboro play for WC football team until this year...got one kid that moved here(that was just for football)....granted there have been kids move because of family problems. SP is centered in between some bigger schools and has a bigger population than WC does. So, if there hasn't been any kids to ever come play at SP than I'll stay out of it but it would be hard for me to believe that some kids from those bigger schools wouldn't have come to play for a team with such good history and get noticed(especially if they weren't gettin to play at the other schools). Play with what you got no doubt, but sometimes there is more to pick from with what you got than others.

Regardless of what he is trying to say, Marion County has 3 schools branched out as well and S.P. gets kids from SP and about a 10 mile radius. Actually its a half circle because of the state line. SP is more like Collinwood in this analogy and Jasper (Marion County High) is more like Wayne County High. SP also has another H.S. called Richard Hardy Memorial but they only play basketball.

I'm basing my numbers on Marion County because I compared Perry Co, Wayne Co, and Marion Co. I can compare South Pitt to Waynesboro and Linden if you want and I assure you South Pitt is larger in population. So from what you're saying, all of South Pitt's students live within the SP city limits?

This was already accurately answered for you. Like I said in the other post, SP also has Richard Hardy memorial that only plays basketball. In your comparison, SP would be more like Collinwood due to the proximity to the Alabama state line. SP is jammed in between the Tennessee River, State line and mountain so growth has been limited. While the town may have half the population SP does, Collinwood High School has about 360 students and suspect their district is bigger. Whitwell High is in the north of Marion County and has a similar enrollment.

Edited by rlh

This was already accurately answered for you. Like I said in the other post, SP also has Richard Hardy memorial that only plays basketball. In your comparison, SP would be more like Collinwood due to the proximity to the Alabama state line. SP is jammed in between the Tennessee River, State line and mountain so growth has been limited. While the town may have half the population SP does, Collinwood High School has about 360 students and suspect their district is bigger. Whitwell High is in the north of Marion County and has a similar enrollment.

Just wondering, how many are in the other high school? Guessing not to many if they dont have football.

Just becuase they are next to the state line they are like CW???? Maybe if Nashville was where Waynesboro is becuse CW is near nothing but the state line. No other schools close by to draw from. Population 20 mile radius to school not even close to SP. Just saying