McCallie at Baylor

oldwiseone

Like oldwiseone said....It just doesn't get any better than this. What a setting it is. All red on one side and blue on the other. Sold out....flags flying. I don't know of any other high school game that is so hyped and lives up to the hype yearly than the Baylor/McCallie game. With Baylor being ranked #1 just makes it even better. And McCallie is having a better year than some expected. Here's to an injury free game.....and Baylor extending the streak to 4. Baylor by 10. Go Red Raiders!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having attended the last two McCallie-Baylor games played at Baylor, I really don't think the home field is much of an advantage. There is a huge, noisy contingent of McCallie fans there - not 50% but close enough.

It is a heck of a setting for a high school football game and if you have never been, check it out.

I agree. It is the best setting I have ever seen. And that is hard to admit for a Tornado fan. Hands down better than Finley Stadium no doubt. Baylor just seems loaded this year. But McCallie has surprised some folks for sure. It would take a near perfect game for McCallie to stop Baylor.....but it can be done.

Edited by tornadofan10

There seesm to be a rejuvenated feeling at McCallie this year--good season so far and they think they can upset the Big Red. Remember, It was a good game for a good while last year and McCallie let a couple of bad plays get away from them. Add to that the fact that Baylor may be basking in its bashing of EHS, and this could be decided late.

Have to attend a wedding this weekend and will miss my first Baylor-McCallie game since moving to Chattanooga.

If Baylor wins, I will be happy I missed it and thankful I won't have to make the long walk back to our tailgate past boisterous Baylor fans dripping in red.

If The Blue Tornado pull off the upset, I will be sad I missed it, but that sadness will be short-lived and the joy of victory will linger for a long time (or until we meet up in the playoffs again).

GO BIG BLUE!

And BlueMom - you need to root double for me!!!!!

Got you covered oldwiseone! Let me know if you text updates! Bubba's Boy's have looked really good this week and I believe they are looking to take a W with them when they leave the other side of the river.

Here's to everyone having a safe trip and a Big Blue Tornado touchdown with resulting disaster requiring FEMA relief!

Got you covered oldwiseone! Let me know if you text updates! Bubba's Boy's have looked really good this week and I believe they are looking to take a W with them when they leave the other side of the river.

Here's to everyone having a safe trip and a Big Blue Tornado touchdown with resulting disaster requiring FEMA relief!

LOL! Bluemom gets my vote for quote of the week.

Edited by repo

There seesm to be a rejuvenated feeling at McCallie this year--good season so far and they think they can upset the Big Red. Remember, It was a good game for a good while last year and McCallie let a couple of bad plays get away from them. Add to that the fact that Baylor may be basking in its bashing of EHS, and this could be decided late.

There has been concern that Baylor is still on a high after bashing Ensworth. Couple that with what you are saying chattcity that McCallie is feeling good about having a better than expected season to date. I feel quite sure that Coach Massey and staff will bring the Red Raiders down to earth though. Heywood Stadium will be rocking tomorrow night anxiously awaiting the Red Raiders to extend our streak. Baylor will get it done. Go Red Raiders!

This just in...No need for FEMA. The approaching tornado loses steam and the weather clears in time for a Red Raider victory. Go Baylor!