is INDY for real?

TXinTN

The question is how do you define "for real"? If by for real you mean can Indy finish 2nd in the district this year and maybe when a game in the playoffs then yes, they are for real compared to last year. But if you think they have a chance to win the district and make a deep run in the playoffs you are sadly mistaken. The fact is Indy does not have the offense to compete with Franklin and the Rutherford county schools. Yes I understand they played Blackman close, but that was the first week of the season. When you watch Indy play Franklin this year and when they play some real competition in the playoffs, you will see a good defense with a mediocre offense only gets you so far. Besides; any team that gives up 22 to centennial and only wins by 2 can't be seen as a legitimate contender.

I didnt say Coffee County would win the game but anything other than a big win from Independence would be embarrassing. Ive seen Indy's schedule and its brutal especially with Hillsboro and Franklin coming up. I know CC isnt in their league. What Im saying is this is a much more important game to CC then Independence. I hope the players and staff here show up with an attitude that we want respect instead of laying down and getting beat by 40 points. Independence has alot more to lose, one being respect. Something CC doesnt have but wants. Indy still has to care of business. Go ahead and laugh all you want to. Probably will lose but Im hoping Coffee County plays hard and raises some eyebrows. Even a close loss would be huge for us. Not every team in the state has former NFL players as coaches or blessed with a plethora of athletes. Independence should count their blessings instead of laugh at other schools. Just saying.

I watched the film from CHS vs Overton and saw the Indy vs Centennial game. Centennial has improved greatly now does that mean Indy is for real no the Indy offense gave away too many turnovers and thus caused their offense to score easily. The only thing Centennial has is athletes for their wr's and cb's which kept them in the game. If Indy can get the qb's and wr's connected during the rest of the season then they can very well go to round 3 I think. Defense wins championships but a interception giveaway offense ruins a defense.

Indy - yes I knew they were going to good on defense this year , but to date they have been outstanding...

I applaud INDY for what they have done so far, BUT ...but a few things still make me think -

Did they catch Blackman sleeping in week 0 ? No the defense stood toe to toe vs. the I-train and they should have won the game

Did they catch a break with a brentwood team that overlooked Indy ? ( keep in mind Brentwood has been scoring alot of pts of late ) I will let you answer that one....

the schedule favored indy with page & coffee Co.

you can say that it also favored them with CHS and Lincoln Co.

the defense is for real , and it will make INDY a tough draw for any team come playoff time

HOWEVER as good as the INDY defense is and Foster being able to kick 40 plus yard feel goals at will IT can very well lose a first round playoff game 7 - 3 ......

They are doing a good job running the ball by commitee but dont have a featured back that can hurt you - AND the REAL SCARY part is thier QB play ( passing ) to me this will be INDYS downfall when they play FHS

I didnt say Coffee County would win the game but anything other than a big win from Independence would be embarrassing. Ive seen Indy's schedule and its brutal especially with Hillsboro and Franklin coming up. I know CC isnt in their league. What Im saying is this is a much more important game to CC then Independence. I hope the players and staff here show up with an attitude that we want respect instead of laying down and getting beat by 40 points. Independence has alot more to lose, one being respect. Something CC doesnt have but wants. Indy still has to care of business. Go ahead and laugh all you want to. Probably will lose but Im hoping Coffee County plays hard and raises some eyebrows. Even a close loss would be huge for us. Not every team in the state has former NFL players as coaches or blessed with a plethora of athletes. Independence should count their blessings instead of laugh at other schools. Just saying.

Looks like they didnt show up with the kinda attitude you were hoping for. And ive never seen a football team play such a bad half in my entire life and made indy look like they were the #1 team in the nation. Sure doesnt look like CC will be gettin any respect anytime soon eather thats for sure.

As for indy they better not overlook the boro this friday night lookin ahead to the biggest game of the season with Franklin comin up after. Could be a trap game and if they play like they did at chs then indy will loose this week.

from what i see indy has the ath's and coaches to win there district. tell me if im wrong

Franklin will be tough to beat but it can be done. I can remember at the begining of the summer that a lot of Indy supporters didnt see this kind of season possible. Are they the real deal? Only time will tell. One thing is for sure, they are whole lot better than anyone gave them credit.

Indy - yes I knew they were going to good on defense this year , but to date they have been outstanding...

I applaud INDY for what they have done so far, BUT ...but a few things still make me think -

Did they catch Blackman sleeping in week 0 ? No the defense stood toe to toe vs. the I-train and they should have won the game

Did they catch a break with a brentwood team that overlooked Indy ? ( keep in mind Brentwood has been scoring alot of pts of late ) I will let you answer that one....

the schedule favored indy with page & coffee Co.

you can say that it also favored them with CHS and Lincoln Co.

the defense is for real , and it will make INDY a tough draw for any team come playoff time

HOWEVER as good as the INDY defense is and Foster being able to kick 40 plus yard feel goals at will IT can very well lose a first round playoff game 7 - 3 ......

They are doing a good job running the ball by commitee but dont have a featured back that can hurt you - AND the REAL SCARY part is thier QB play ( passing ) to me this will be INDYS downfall when they play FHS

All i really have to say is if they end up at the worst 7-3, or what ever record they get going in after the final 3 game stretch no one will want to face them in the playoffs.

The schedule is super super favorable to Indy like you said with Page, Coffee county, Lincoln Co,(even though all of the match ups are easy to answer why the scheduled, old rivalry, homecoming, and finishing deal from scheduling a series a couple years ago) they get a good balance of great teams in the beginning to get themselves started and end so they don't get lazy or fall of track. Its not the hardest schedule but it doesn't have to be in order to get them ready for the playoffs. Which playing Franklin, Siegel and Ravenwood should do.

Guys like any team or way a season goes you can only know if they are for real when the season and post season are over with. You can, however, get a good idea from the team what their strength & weakness are so far. And maybe you can answer the question after seeing them play their last three games.