Single A Baseball

FlyingEagle86

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

look for the 2012 Gordonsville Tigers to be making some noise as well. This group lost only three people last year one being the catcher Fitts #2. Also they return 7 starters to the team including four full time starters in their rotation. Look for the Tigers to make some noise in a tough district that includes Friendship and Trousdale County.

Edited by gvillefan1

look for the 2012 Gordonsville Tigers to be making some noise as well. This group lost only three people last year one being the catcher Fitts #2. Also they return 7 starters to the team including four full time starters in their rotation. Look for the Tigers to make some noise in a tough district that includes Friendship and Trousdale County.

Clarksville Academy should be strong as well. The 2010 team was 23-10 and finished runner-up in district 10-A to NCS. CA then won the district tournament, after winning the district and finishing runner-up in 2009. CA was knocked out by a 2-0 score in the first round of the playoffs by Cascade last year. In that game, the Cougars had two hits and one error, and gave up one hit as two stellar pitchers were showcased.

High school baseball is a funny game, and the whole season rides on one single game in the first round of the playoffs. Who knows what will happen in 2011!

In 2011 CA returns 7 starters after graduating 2 seniors.

ClarksvilleAcademyBaseball.com

Edited by monoptn

• 2 weeks later...

Gordonsville has no chance at playing in the state tournament let alone playing for a state championship. Friendship is the only team in the district that comes remotely close to being able to do it year in and year out. Everyone else in the region just isn't good enough. The only reason 8a is tough is because of FCS, not everyone else in the district. Since 2005 8a has only had 2 teams to make it to the region tournament, TC and FCS. 5 of those year 7a has been the district to sen the other team to sub-state and has sent 2 different teams at that. 7a is a tougher district because FCS is in a league of there own.

Clarksville Academy should be strong as well. The 2010 team was 23-10 and finished runner-up in district 10-A to NCS. CA then won the district tournament, after winning the district and finishing runner-up in 2009. CA was knocked out by a 2-0 score in the first round of the playoffs by Cascade last year. In that game, the Cougars had two hits and one error, and gave up one hit as two stellar pitchers were showcased.

High school baseball is a funny game, and the whole season rides on one single game in the first round of the playoffs. Who knows what will happen in 2011!

In 2011 CA returns 7 starters after graduating 2 seniors.

ClarksvilleAcademyBaseball.com

lol, I'm off a year in my post above! 2011 (not 2010) team was 23-10, and in 2012 we return 7 starters! The calender has to flip over before the next baseball season starts.

• 3 weeks later...

Friendship will be there you can count on it. Only 3 seniors last year, center field, DH, & pitcher.

Friendship will be back in it and is the favorite in my mind. I was a senior on the team last year and I'm sure I am the one being referred to as the DH, I was only the DH for maybe three games. I played a position most games even though my labrum was torn and I pitched in a few as well. The pitcher you are referring to only pitched in maybe three or four games because he got hurt early in the year and was pretty much out the rest of the year. Losing the center fielder will be the biggest loss, he was the only healthy one of us three. Friendship also returns a player that missed last year due to Tommy John, he was all state his freshman year where he went 14-1. He also shut down Riverside his eighth grade year in the state tournament when we took them to extra innings. He is a very talented player and he will be dominant if he is healthy. If the underclassmen, who are now upperclassmen, can pitch like they did in the state tournament last year then this team will be hard to handle. Riverside has one great player with a bunch of average players. Friendship is a team full of very good high school baseball players at any level, much less Single A.

• Upvote 1

Friendship will be back in it and is the favorite in my mind. I was a senior on the team last year and I'm sure I am the one being referred to as the DH, I was only the DH for maybe three games. I played a position most games even though my labrum was torn and I pitched in a few as well. The pitcher you are referring to only pitched in maybe three or four games because he got hurt early in the year and was pretty much out the rest of the year. Losing the center fielder will be the biggest loss, he was the only healthy one of us three. Friendship also returns a player that missed last year due to Tommy John, he was all state his freshman year where he went 14-1. He also shut down Riverside his eighth grade year in the state tournament when we took them to extra innings. He is a very talented player and he will be dominant if he is healthy. If the underclassmen, who are now upperclassmen, can pitch like they did in the state tournament last year then this team will be hard to handle. Riverside has one great player with a bunch of average players. Friendship is a team full of very good high school baseball players at any level, much less Single A.

The favorite will be the team that has dominated A baseball for the last 2 years.

The favorite will be the team that has dominated A baseball for the last 2 years.

That's your opinion, we all have our own. Friendship will have a better all around team then Riverside, if they are put on the same side of the bracket then I give the edge to Friendship cause Riverside will have to beat them multiple times and I don't think that will happen. Riverside has one dominant player and yes he is going to Vandy so he is pretty good, but Vandy has also showed interest in the player who sat out last year for Friendship if that tells you anything about his talent level.

That's your opinion, we all have our own. Friendship will have a better all around team then Riverside, if they are put on the same side of the bracket then I give the edge to Friendship cause Riverside will have to beat them multiple times and I don't think that will happen. Riverside has one dominant player and yes he is going to Vandy so he is pretty good, but Vandy has also showed interest in the player who sat out last year for Friendship if that tells you anything about his talent level.

FCS will no doubt be good as they always are, but Riverside didn't lose to an A school last year and didn't lose but maybe 3 or 4 the year before that. FCS will be there and will compete. When I was helping coach at RBS you all's coach said you all had a very good team coming up so as I said you all will be there competing for it. From watching FCS and also playing a little against them in the last decade a couple of things that always makes FCS so strong as they have good depth in their pitching, and they're one of the best hitting teams year in and year out that I get to see.

Edited by swanson71